Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

At the end of the day 45 mil means nothing compared to the shitty situation of going into a season with just 3 wingers so we really can't sell him. Of course if he really wants to leave then he should go. But with frankie here and an obvious commitment to play him more plus the loss of hazard I don't see why he wouldn't resign

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

i would not play him at all if he decides not to sign a new contract.

Unless CHO shows bad attitude etc, I don't see what's the point of this, especially when our squad isn't greatly filled with wingers at the moment. He still performed every time he played last season, after the Bayern interest came in and even after we reportedly turned down his transfer request. Similarly to Hazard's case last year, he wasn't going to sign a new contract (hell, he dragged the situation on for ages before his final decision was confirmed) but he didn't "check out", did he? 

Unless CHO shows bad attitude etc, I don't see what's the point of this, especially when our squad isn't greatly filled with wingers at the moment. He still performed every time he played last season, after the Bayern interest came in and even after we reportedly turned down his transfer request. Similarly to Hazard's case last year, he wasn't going to sign a new contract (hell, he dragged the situation on for ages before his final decision was confirmed) but he didn't "check out", did he? 
Best player in the league compared to a youngster that hasn't proven anything IMO.

Not exactly like for like, is it?

13 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Best player in the league compared to a youngster that hasn't proven anything IMO.

Not exactly like for like, is it?

You’re missing the point. This is about the attitude, nothing to do with the players’ ability. CHO could have easily sulked when we turned down the Bayern move but he didn’t, and performed whenever selected. Same case with Hazard when we made him stay last year - he didn’t sulk, helped us finish in the top 4 and win the Europa League, and had his best season, stats wise, with us.

You’re missing the point. This is about the attitude, nothing to do with the players’ ability. CHO could have easily sulked when we turned down the Bayern move but he didn’t, and performed whenever selected. Same case with Hazard when we made him stay last year - he didn’t sulk, helped us finish in the top 4 and win the Europa League, and had his best season, stats wise, with us.
You mentioned what the point would be and I've stated why. We needed Hazard massively whilst that couldn't be further from the case in regard to CHO.

He had something to gain from not sulking, one way or another.

9 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I want the club to have a great season. My son says this kid healthy is rather special on the pitch and will only get better. 

I am new to the EPL, I have watched several Chelsea matches with my son, but haven't really paid attention to the league as a whole. Can anyone think of a player that had 30 matches and demanded to be given the 10 jersey? It seems odd to me, but maybe it happens?

atm CHO does NOT deserve the 10  

8 hours ago, Robchels said:

That’s one risky move :) 

Some employers have a policy as to not hold people who at some point wanted to leave. It’s a policy around commitment and whatnot. Glad it paid off.

CHOs hard stance looks like a risky move as well. Say he would reinjury his Achilles in the first 6 months into the last year of his deal... not a good place to be.

Calculated risk, i work in the company's shop where most others including the main boses don't want to be.

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:

You mentioned what the point would be and I've stated why. We needed Hazard massively whilst that couldn't be further from the case in regard to CHO.
He had something to gain from not sulking, one way or another.

But he still performed and we reaped the benefits, no? Like I alluded to in the initial reply, we practically only have 4 wingers at the moment, including CHO. If we don't play him just because he doesn't want to sign a new contract, then we're practically 1 injury away from flogging the other 2 to death. Unless he starts to stink up the place, I don't see what's the point of dropping him...unless of course, you want to see the likes of Piazon, Kenedy in the XI week in week out!

Anyway, I really don't get this constant paranoia on CHO's contract situation. Like, we don't even know the exact situation regarding it and people are jumping on him just because he hasn't signed one. If he's going to sign it, then he'll sign it eventually, whenever that may be. If he doesn't, then kinda like what Tomo said, whatever. We deal with it and move on.

But he still performed and we reaped the benefits, no? Like I alluded to in the initial reply, we practically only have 4 wingers at the moment, including CHO. If we don't play him just because he doesn't want to sign a new contract, then we're practically 1 injury away from flogging the other 2 to death. Unless he starts to stink up the place, I don't see what's the point of dropping him...unless of course, you want to see the likes of Piazon, Kenedy in the XI week in week out!
Anyway, I really don't get this constant paranoia on CHO's contract situation. Like, we don't even know the exact situation regarding it and people are jumping on him just because he hasn't signed one. If he's going to sign it, then he'll sign it eventually, whenever that may be. If he doesn't, then kinda like what Tomo said, whatever. We deal with it and move on.

I'd honestly prefer Kenedy to take his place, if he is hell-bent on leaving.

Couldn't care less if he signs or not at this point. I just can't stand players (youngsters especially) that expect the earth because of some interest rather than on merit.

Do your talking on the pitch and the rest will follow.

Just now, LAM09 said:

I'd honestly prefer Kenedy to take his place, if he is hell-bent on leaving.

Couldn't care less if he signs or not at this point. I just can't stand players (youngsters especially) that expect the earth because of some interest rather than on merit.

Do your talking on the pitch and the rest will follow.

tumblr_n4y6naJKke1smcbm7o1_400.gif