Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

let us all hope he lost zero burst from that Achilles rupture

Let's hope he signs that contract first. If not, I hope he gets snail pace. This is dragging on way too long. At some point it simply makes no sense for CHO not to sign a new deal. He is injured, might never recover fully to fulfill his potential and yet refuses to finanically secure his future for good. If he wants to leave eventually, he should have noticed that the club never keeps someone against their will anyway so there really is no harm in signing that damn contract. And if he never becomes the player he was, he would be out of contract next year and never make it to pro football again. He must be pretty damn sure he has lost zero burst or he has balls of steel to toy with us like that. If RLC renewal who is in a very similar situation with the injury and just off the back of a successful yet short spell in the first XI does not make him sign a new one before the season starts, i fear he is gone.

2 hours ago, Artandur said:

desperate times, desperate measures. Can not remember the club putting that much effort into prolonging an 18 year old's deal with the manager himself going on for paragraphs over a player that has featured a handful times.Not sure if it is smart, because when the club is buying CHO's hype, he himself surely is way past that. At least it is transparent. The club shows that if CHO ends up leaving they at least did everything to keep him.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

desperate times, desperate measures. Can not remember the club putting that much effort into prolonging an 18 year old's deal with the manager himself going on for paragraphs over a player that has featured a handful times.Not sure if it is smart, because when the club is buying CHO's hype, he himself surely is way past that. At least it is transparent. The club shows that if CHO ends up leaving they at least did everything to keep him.

Yeah if he was going to sign It would be Done already. Kid is gone.. 

These things take time, especially if CHO wanted to wait and speak to the new manager which he is fully entitled to do. Lampard literally was appointed and off to Dublin the next day whilst CHO is left back dealing with his injury. I would expect something to happen one way or another in the next couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

These things take time, especially if CHO wanted to wait and speak to the new manager which he is fully entitled to do. Lampard literally was appointed and off to Dublin the next day whilst CHO is left back dealing with his injury. I would expect something to happen one way or another in the next couple of weeks.

If this is about playing time, then I really don't see why CHO wouldn't agree to a new contract here. With Hazard gone and that transfer ban, his playing time will only increase and there is a good opportunity for him to prove himself and stake a claim in the first XI. Bayern have many options out wide and there's no guarantee CHO will start there. Plus, feels like Bayern want CHO because they want to have their own Sancho after seeing Dortmund getting all the spotlight for him. If he wants to go to Bayern because of money, well, then there is nothing we can do and that would rather be disappointing from CHO.

If the club didn't think there would be an opportunity to retain CHO, they certainly wouldn't denied him in the face of all the Bayern bids and risk losing for peanuts in January or worst, for free next summer! If the recent reports are to be believed, then CHO will sign a new contract and it will be announced in the coming weeks. 

19 hours ago, Jason said:
If this is about playing time, then I really don't see why CHO wouldn't agree to a new contract here.

The constant delays seem to point to other motivations.

He either wants to be at the club or not at this point.

Honestly as I and many have said before (even when he submitted his transfer request), if he decides to leave and still wants to go to Bayern then he is even dumber than I imagined. He wont start there 100%. If he wasnt getting selected regularly ahead of Willian and Pedro under Sarri he has another thing coming with Coman and Gnabry under Kovac. Bayern are reportedly very interested and looking at Pepe and Bergwijn as well. He will do well to make it in their starting 11 even if they only get one of them. Hes a talent but he needs to play, if he doesnt want to play here then going to Bayerns not exactly the right move either. Theres something off about this whole situation has been since the start.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Honestly as I and many have said before (even when he submitted his transfer request), if he decides to leave and still wants to go to Bayern then he is even dumber than I imagined. He wont start there 100%. If he wasnt getting selected regularly ahead of Willian and Pedro under Sarri he has another thing coming with Coman and Gnabry under Kovac. Bayern are reportedly very interested and looking at Pepe and Bergwijn as well. He will do well to make it in their starting 11 even if they only get one of them. Hes a talent but he needs to play, if he doesnt want to play here then going to Bayerns not exactly the right move either. Theres something off about this whole situation has been since the start.

Yeah the situation is weird to say the least. Especially now when Jamal Musiala did not sign a scholarship with us, opting to sign for Bayern, and that surprised even the Chelsea staff. It came out of nowhere. Also, Musialas' agent is Bradley Hudson-Odoi, CHO's agent and brother.

Although, I am pretty positive that CHO will sign a new contract and play here for us at Chelsea. The club is putting a lot of faith into him. Faith that other as talented players wish they would have got from their clubs.

8 hours ago, LAM09 said:

The constant delays seem to point to other motivations.

He either wants to be at the club or not at this point.

What constant delays? There was the uncertainty under Sarri last season over his playing time and it was only last week that we finally got Lampard in. If the discussion is to make any progress, it would likely happen over the coming days/weeks. 

I doubt the board would have remained defiant against Bayern's interest if there was no chance of convincing CHO to stay. Otherwise, they would look like an absolute fool by the end of it.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

CHO liked this tweet/story on Twitter. Make of that what you will...

He is playing games. I dont think its about money nor playing time. Both of which we can give him more than Bayern can. He either plays us or there is something that has torn CHO and the clbu apart which we do not know of. If he really leaves it will look just like he would do it to make a point. but usually behind every pointless transfer there is a greedy agent

What constant delays? There was the uncertainty under Sarri last season over his playing time and it was only last week that we finally got Lampard in. If the discussion is to make any progress, it would likely happen over the coming days/weeks. 
I doubt the board would have remained defiant against Bayern's interest if there was no chance of convincing CHO to stay. Otherwise, they would look like an absolute fool by the end of it.
He was a starter under Sarri before he got injured and the moment Hazard agreed to move on, his supposed concern became a non-issue.

Do you think the club haven't been in talks about a new contract for months?

21 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He was a starter under Sarri before he got injured and the moment Hazard agreed to move on, his supposed concern became a non-issue.

Do you think the club haven't been in talks about a new contract for months?

From his perspective, he would want some sort of reassurances from the manager and not Marina or whoever from the board. They aren't the ones who's gonna pick him. And given we only appointed Lampard last Thursday, the slow progress is understandable. Recent reports suggest it's heading in a positive direction.