test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

2,236 posts in this topic
22 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm a bit more relaxed about the situation either way. Had he left without any serious game time I would have been incandescent at how we've let another potential KDB situation happen again so easily but ultimately even if he does turn out that good we can't be blamed as we have done everything we possibly can and more.

I have never seen such a favourable set of circumstances for a young player at any club for a long time. If the number 10 shirt, 100k a week (which even considering inflation is a lot for a player with less than 30 career appearances), a chance to skip the loan process (a privilege not even JT was granted), his idol returning as manager alongside his two youth coaches assisting him and a chance to be the face of this generation at the club he supports isn't enough to convince him then meh, whatever really.

+he is recovering from a long term injury right now and bayern are literally the only Club in for him. It also not that he is some Mbappe kind of Talent. This guy has some nerves. I have some weird kind of respect for that pure cheek and stubbornness. I get nervous when my paycheck is a few days late and this guy there is chilling, spinning his thumbs while stalling on a contract that would secure his and his familys financial Future forever

14 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

+he is recovering from a long term injury right now and bayern are literally the only Club in for him. It also not that he is some Mbappe kind of Talent. This guy has some nerves. I have some weird kind of respect for that pure cheek and stubbornness. I get nervous when my paycheck is a few days late and this guy there is chilling, spinning his thumbs while stalling on a contract that would secure his and his familys financial Future forever

Yeah I can definitely see why he's milking the situation a bit (I did something similar at work a few months back, I said I was handling in my resignation even though I wasn't and because of that they panicked and gave me the higher role I was after), sometimes in life that is required but yeah he is playing with fire doing that at the minute given his injury (if that's what he's doing), could backfire big time.

Vybz Kartel likes this

51 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I might be in a minority, but think he's overrated. His final ball/shot could definitely improve, take the Cash....

LOL i'm with you and Weckless Eric:D

Fulham Broadway likes this

Bayern's attention has now switched back to Chelsea's Callum Hudson-Odoi and to Yannick Carrasco

I want the club to have a great season. My son says this kid healthy is rather special on the pitch and will only get better. 

I am new to the EPL, I have watched several Chelsea matches with my son, but haven't really paid attention to the league as a whole. Can anyone think of a player that had 30 matches and demanded to be given the 10 jersey? It seems odd to me, but maybe it happens?

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I did something similar at work a few months back, I said I was handling in my resignation even though I wasn't and because of that they panicked and gave me the higher role I was after

BASTARD! :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Yeah I can definitely see why he's milking the situation a bit (I did something similar at work a few months back, I said I was handling in my resignation even though I wasn't and because of that they panicked and gave me the higher role I was after), sometimes in life that is required but yeah he is playing with fire doing that at the minute given his injury (if that's what he's doing), could backfire big time.

That’s one risky move :) 

Some employers have a policy as to not hold people who at some point wanted to leave. It’s a policy around commitment and whatnot. Glad it paid off.

CHOs hard stance looks like a risky move as well. Say he would reinjury his Achilles in the first 6 months into the last year of his deal... not a good place to be.

3 minutes ago, whats happening said:

i would not play him at all if he decides not to sign a new contract.

Good point. He might start, even if subconsciously, avoiding hard tackles.

either way, situation is not great. Would have been much easier if this was taking place a year ago.

At the end of the day 45 mil means nothing compared to the shitty situation of going into a season with just 3 wingers so we really can't sell him. Of course if he really wants to leave then he should go. But with frankie here and an obvious commitment to play him more plus the loss of hazard I don't see why he wouldn't resign

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

i would not play him at all if he decides not to sign a new contract.

Unless CHO shows bad attitude etc, I don't see what's the point of this, especially when our squad isn't greatly filled with wingers at the moment. He still performed every time he played last season, after the Bayern interest came in and even after we reportedly turned down his transfer request. Similarly to Hazard's case last year, he wasn't going to sign a new contract (hell, he dragged the situation on for ages before his final decision was confirmed) but he didn't "check out", did he? 

Unless CHO shows bad attitude etc, I don't see what's the point of this, especially when our squad isn't greatly filled with wingers at the moment. He still performed every time he played last season, after the Bayern interest came in and even after we reportedly turned down his transfer request. Similarly to Hazard's case last year, he wasn't going to sign a new contract (hell, he dragged the situation on for ages before his final decision was confirmed) but he didn't "check out", did he? 
Best player in the league compared to a youngster that hasn't proven anything IMO.

Not exactly like for like, is it?

13 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Best player in the league compared to a youngster that hasn't proven anything IMO.

Not exactly like for like, is it?

You’re missing the point. This is about the attitude, nothing to do with the players’ ability. CHO could have easily sulked when we turned down the Bayern move but he didn’t, and performed whenever selected. Same case with Hazard when we made him stay last year - he didn’t sulk, helped us finish in the top 4 and win the Europa League, and had his best season, stats wise, with us.

You’re missing the point. This is about the attitude, nothing to do with the players’ ability. CHO could have easily sulked when we turned down the Bayern move but he didn’t, and performed whenever selected. Same case with Hazard when we made him stay last year - he didn’t sulk, helped us finish in the top 4 and win the Europa League, and had his best season, stats wise, with us.
You mentioned what the point would be and I've stated why. We needed Hazard massively whilst that couldn't be further from the case in regard to CHO.

He had something to gain from not sulking, one way or another.

9 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I want the club to have a great season. My son says this kid healthy is rather special on the pitch and will only get better. 

I am new to the EPL, I have watched several Chelsea matches with my son, but haven't really paid attention to the league as a whole. Can anyone think of a player that had 30 matches and demanded to be given the 10 jersey? It seems odd to me, but maybe it happens?

atm CHO does NOT deserve the 10