Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

Feel sorry for the kid, wish him a full recovery rather than a fast one.

Now it's time for Willian to play a couple of good matches and sell his ass to Barca :)

Don't think we will sell hazard, willian and Pedro. And I would rather play a 10% fit willian than a 100%fit pedro.

Really disappointed for the lad when he was seemingly becoming first choice for us. 

It is an opportunity however for the club to stand by him through this and hopefully get him to commit to a new contract.

I would however also agree with some that he hasn't played anywhere near as well the last couple of games compared to what he was like earlier in the season. The intensity of the Premier League is for the most part a standard up from the Europa League and it probably does justify Sarri's stance earlier in the season not to push the button with CHO so quickly in the league. 

However some of the posts on here are incredibly fickle. The kid is 18, he's not going to play well every game and every week. Inconsistency is part of the make up of younger players who will suffer blips and struggles in their early career - it's how they grow as footballers. The problem is the way the club is run, and as a result the fans have brought into the idea of instant success and papering over cracks to attempt to maintain high levels. 

The club and fans have a short patience - it applies to managers and a number of players who haven't been afforded the opportunity to completely settle at the club, the expectation is to hit the ground running or you're unlikely to survive long. If senior and experienced managers and players have suffered from this short term approach then what chance do young players have who need to be afforded even more time and patience to grow and blossom?

For me the club needs to change its approach and build around a core of high quality academy talent that serve to boost the squad depth first and hopefully become first team regulars second. In doing so, the club can focus on a couple of high quality additions each season rather than trying to buy a handful of players, some expected to be starters, others as squad depth but ultimately poorer quality all around because our budget is stretched thinner.

However in order for that to be a success the club and the fans must buy into younger players and afford them time and patience to grow and develop because it won't work without that support.

9 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Really disappointed for the lad when he was seemingly becoming first choice for us. 

It is an opportunity however for the club to stand by him through this and hopefully get him to commit to a new contract.

I would however also agree with some that he hasn't played anywhere near as well the last couple of games compared to what he was like earlier in the season. The intensity of the Premier League is for the most part a standard up from the Europa League and it probably does justify Sarri's stance earlier in the season not to push the button with CHO so quickly in the league. 

However some of the posts on here are incredibly fickle. The kid is 18, he's not going to play well every game and every week. Inconsistency is part of the make up of younger players who will suffer blips and struggles in their early career - it's how they grow as footballers. The problem is the way the club is run, and as a result the fans have brought into the idea of instant success and papering over cracks to attempt to maintain high levels. 

The club and fans have a short patience - it applies to managers and a number of players who haven't been afforded the opportunity to completely settle at the club, the expectation is to hit the ground running or you're unlikely to survive long. If senior and experienced managers and players have suffered from this short term approach then what chance do young players have who need to be afforded even more time and patience to grow and blossom?

For me the club needs to change its approach and build around a core of high quality academy talent that serve to boost the squad depth first and hopefully become first team regulars second. In doing so, the club can focus on a couple of high quality additions each season rather than trying to buy a handful of players, some expected to be starters, others as squad depth but ultimately poorer quality all around because our budget is stretched thinner.

However in order for that to be a success the club and the fans must buy into younger players and afford them time and patience to grow and develop because it won't work without that support.

I don't think the comments being critical is impatience (I've only seen one person totally write him off) I think it's more down to the fact of how hyped he's being and how Sarri is being seen as the devil for not playing him and the last few games especially shows he has a lot to learn and isn't the instant upgrade that has been made out.

He was never going to be the instant upgrade, but he couldn't do any worse being brought in ahead of Willian/Pedro.

The form of both of them has been nothing short of patchy, the only thing they had over CHO was experience, and let's face it, in most of the games this season you wouldn't think it.

This club has got two things if the transfer ban remains....a tough choice and and a great one to introduce the talent we have in youth. I'm basing this on the ban remaining....Zouma in, Reece James in, RLC starting, CHO starting, Tammy in, Pulisic arriving and players like Mount and Timori to return. I've just skirted over certain players, at some point they either have to be sold (so this summer if the club see fit) or play and introduce. 

Things have changed at this club, it's a mess right now, but if things and choices are made with thought, deliberation and a passion for the club I think it can push on, under this board I think the vision and life of the club is gone.

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

He was never going to be the instant upgrade, but he couldn't do any worse being brought in ahead of Willian/Pedro.

The form of both of them has been nothing short of patchy, the only thing they had over CHO was experience, and let's face it, in most of the games this season you wouldn't think it.

This club has got two things if the transfer ban remains....a tough choice and and a great one to introduce the talent we have in youth. I'm basing this on the ban remaining....Zouma in, Reece James in, RLC starting, CHO starting, Tammy in, Pulisic arriving and players like Mount and Timori to return. I've just skirted over certain players, at some point they either have to be sold (so this summer if the club see fit) or play and introduce. 

Things have changed at this club, it's a mess right now, but if things and choices are made with thought, deliberation and a passion for the club I think it can push on, under this board I think the vision and life of the club is gone.

I would even argue that playing CHO in games, actually helps Willian and Pedro (especially in the case of Willian).

Both Willian and Pedro are past their peak, so keeping them well rested between games helps a lot with their playing form.

Hopefully he can come back stronger. I absolutely hate this kind of pressure from fans, club and media. You should leave young player alone and stop asking them to play too many games.

Yes injury can happen anytime but I don't like CHO starting too many epl games. Epl is a very phsyical league that is taxing on your body. But we are winning and it looks like Sarri also want fans to back this team.