Olivier Giroud

milka

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

Difference between Drogba/Costa and Giroud is that two of them are world class strikers. The other is not.

That's rather ad-hominem, and has nothing to with solely their strength. Heskey is nowhere near being a top striker, but is stronger than both Drogba and Costa.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

Feck off. Where did I imply we are getting relegated?

Also at least I'm seeing that Liverpool are trying to improve their team and strengthen.

Liverpool the ultra ambitious club that has sold there best player without replacing him, has Mingolet on his 5th season as keeper and Henderson as captain. To put it another way, if we sell Hazard, make Willy number 1 keeper and Drinkwater captain, would you be raving about how well were doing strengthening the squad? I can get pointing to City or United, but Liverpool? :lol:

Arsenal enquired about the availability of Chelsea star David Luiz during talks with the Blues for forward Olivier Giroud

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/29/arsenal-enquire-chelsea-star-david-luiz-negotiations-olivier-giroud-7271339/?ito=cbshare

Just now, Mana said:

Where are you going with this. I don't care about strength. As you said Heskey has strength but he's a donkey. Giroud is more of a Heskey than Costa/Drogba.

Oh God though. I can't believe some fans here are happy with Giroud. He is not a godsend for crying out loud. He's another bang average player looking to play World Cup this season, that's why he's happy to play for us.

I don't think you can compare that...

Liverpool are very unbalanced, because their defense is a shambles. But going forward is a different story. And you know it.

Oh and when did we last beat Liverpool before we laugh at them? Ever since Klopp arrived we have failed to beat them. Just like with Arsenal, 1 win in like 10 encounters. We should be beating these guys, but we are going to Anfield soon again, expecting a spanking. 

1. We are not going to Anfield again this season bar a CL draw.

2. Even if we were, we haven't lost there since 2012.

As for there defense being a shambles, that has been the case for years so surely if they were as ambitious as you are trying to make out, they would have sorted it by now?

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Championship? I thought we have been relegated to the conference while Liverpool, Arsenal and United have all sealed the quadruple.

Lol I think people as always overexaggerate, we will bounce back, but honestly everyone can see we have been doing quite poor over past few transfer windows. Yes we won title last year, but the shape of our team right now is quite bad. We paid around 200m this season and there is very little improvement. 

Bakayoko, Morata and others will have to step up big big time if you ask me. 

Plus if we lose Hazard I honestly believe we are done for two seasons at least. Even with all the money we would get, board is simply not capable of bringing top quality players. Be it lack of money or simply shit scouting/poor attraction, we sold Matic,  bought Baka and Drinkwater for 80m. Says pretty much all. And since Oscar sale for 70m, we still didnt manage to bring quality attacking midfielder/winger to the squad.

As for others, City is clearly doing big steps, we are lucky United has Mou still but they will have more and more quality. Liverpool just lost Coutinho, but held their own against City and IMO while they are not yet title material, especialy under Klopp, they have best balanced squad in years. 

They are all making small steps forward, we go backwards.

We play boring/proactive football for ages now, with some sparks of realy great runs between, but generaly still very proactive against top teams. However difference was we came on top in the end against 80% of epl opponents. If there was cup game or decisive match against Spuds, Arsenal, even City, we just won the game in the end usualy. Now our football isnt ANY better, could say we play worse than last season, but now we dont even win the likes of Arsenal. Its clear we lost that edge that made us a team in past years known for playing defensive, but we could kill them if they gave us some space. Take Eden out of this team and we are dead in attack. Our transfers have been awful recently, and while we havent spend half as city, we could have got some better players in our team by now.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

1. Oh okay. I'll edit that with Stamford Bridge. Like that'll make things better am I right? :lol: 

2. Alright. But most of Anfield encounters were draws. With a shambolic defense of Liverpool's, I'm shocked we only beaten them once in Anfield since 2012.

3. They are looking it to it now, starting with VVD.

Lets see how that goes, they still have to provide him with a decent partner, get in a quality full back and atleast a PL standard of keeper, and it won't come cheap.

34 minutes ago, Mana said:

1. Oh okay. I'll edit that with Stamford Bridge. Like that'll make things better am I right? :lol: 

2. Alright. But most of Anfield encounters were draws. With a shambolic defense of Liverpool's, I'm shocked we only beaten them once in Anfield since 2012.

3. They are looking it to it now, starting with VVD.

You are wrong again. We beat them in April 2014 0-2 (Gerrard slip game) and later in November 1-2 (Cahill, Costa).

You started support Chelsea in 2018? Don't remember results from 4 years ago, don't remember where we played this season 2 months ago...

Thing is. Giroud is not going to put the pressure on Morata the way Dzeko would.

Dzeko is good enough to not only challenge for the starting spot, but might even expect it. Giroud is clearly backup. He doesnt push us forward in that regard.

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Okay, what in the fuck is this!?

First of, why the fuck would we be after Llorente again when he's been abysmal for Spuds? Secondly, why would we even entertain the idea of sending Batshuayi to Spuds!? Lastly, Giroud clearly isn't as close to joining us as was reported.

Clearly a lot more twists and turns before the deadline. My money is still on Bats staying and us signing no other forwards.

So, Di Marzio was talking rubbish with that 15m deal. :lol:  This might still happen then...

DUvS8W-WkAArqWk.jpg

6 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Thing is. Giroud is not going to put the pressure on Morata the way Dzeko would.

Dzeko is good enough to not only challenge for the starting spot, but might even expect it. Giroud is clearly backup. He doesnt push us forward in that regard.

Who available would challenge for starting spot and push us forward?

Don't get why we keep targeting 30+ strikers. The club are clearly looking for any excuse not to spend on an older striker. Even if we set a "deadline" if Arsenal came back and accepted the offer, why would we then pull out? We've signed no one else

Also, the club only offer one year contracts to players over 30 (with very little flexibility on this) - which our targets will never accept (why would they if they have a a longer contract elsewhere?).