Olivier Giroud

milka

Just now, Jason said:

Yeah but it has been only a few games and this is when we have been shit, mind you. It's like Willian putting in the performances whenever we decide to be shit. 

Still if half the team matched the effort of those two as well, we wouldn’t have been so shit.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Still if half the team matched the effort of those two as well, we wouldn’t have been so shit.

Let's not pretend as if their effort has been there every single time. I mean look at Willian, performed well for a few weeks and has now reverted to the norm.

Olivier Giroud scored one of greatest goals in the history of the FA Cup against Southampton, according to Jermaine Jenas.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/697794/Chelsea-Jermaine-Jenas-Olivier-Giroud-Alvaro-Morata-Southampton-FA-Cup-news

I can understand why Arsenal fans were loathe to see him leave. 

He's not the top drawer striker who will fire us to league titles, but he is the best 'alternative option' we've had since Drogba/Anelka, Drogba/Crespo. 

He will get us goals, and offers a completely different option up top. The lad literally wins everything in the air and brings our more creative players into play if we need to hit the ball long.

Nailed on for a striker spot next season.

The bigger decision this summer is whether the club decides to stick or twist with Morata and how it views Batshuayi.

46 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

It's true gooners I spoke too were genuinely gutted, and not just because he was going to a rival

My best mate is an Arsenal fan, he's always been a big fan of Giroud. Said he always gave 100% to the cause.

Off topic but he's also distraught over Wenger leaving, thinks they'll struggle even more for a while now.

19 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

My best mate is an Arsenal fan, he's always been a big fan of Giroud. Said he always gave 100% to the cause.

Off topic but he's also distraught over Wenger leaving, thinks they'll struggle even more for a while now.

Yeah can understand that, and for all the rivalry -pretty decent bloke from all accounts, and revolutionised modern day football in terms of nutrition and training. It's odd though no one has come out and said they wish he was staying.