Olivier Giroud

milka

I bet OG has not been as happy for ages. I should think he had seen any chances of playing (let alone starting) against someone like Barca all finished.

But what I see is somone hungrier than Morata  right now. I was expecting AM to come on and really wanting to make a show of himself. Yes OG has some drawbacks but we dont have that many lads who dont.

I did think Eden was slightly stand offish after OG assist, Eden went in with the 'low ten slap' and OG thought sod that and gave him a big old hug n kiss.

I hope those top 3 are all full of spunk n vinegar and they seemed up for it at least the last 2 games.Its games like tonight that players dream of and if they cant work themselves up for it then theyre in the wrong sport.

You can bet Barca are a biy worried too by our lads.

Right now we have a dead even record with them of W5 L5 D5 so we got a real fuckin chance I reckon.

There's surely no doubt that Giroud was confident he'd have to either side-step or step a level down after Arsenal. He probably expected a Dortmund/Roma/Lyon/Sevilla type move. 

To actually upgrade the club he's at is probably a massive compliment in his mind, probably enough to turn him into Drogba for a few games.

3 minutes ago, Leif said:

There's surely no doubt that Giroud was confident he'd have to either side-step or step a level down after Arsenal. He probably expected a Dortmund/Roma/Lyon/Sevilla type move. 

To actually upgrade the club he's at is probably a massive compliment in his mind, probably enough to turn him into Drogba for a few games.

His link up with the lads will only get better. Its a shame we didn't have a few more games to break him in but lifes like that eh. Get lemmons then we make pancakes and stick a load of butter and sugar with it. Makes a complete team.

• 3 weeks later...

Proper display leading the line today. 

I didnt want him here when we were linked with him because I didnt feel he would give Morata proper competition. Boy was I wrong. Hopefully he presses on. Need him to be big now that Morata stupidly got suspended. All we have really.

3 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Proper display leading the line today. 

I didnt want him here when we were linked with him because I didnt feel he would give Morata proper competition. Boy was I wrong. Hopefully he presses on. Need him to be big now that Morata stupidly got suspended. All we have really.

No, he isn't. Not yet anyway...

1 hour ago, zekinjo said:

I’m enjoying every moment of Giroud on the field. He is so dominant and useful unlike Morata. We’ve got ourselves a true soldier.

Let's see how he fares against quality teams before we pass judgment. His good performances so far have come against relegation fodders in West Brom, Hull, Palace.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Let's see how he fares against quality teams before we pass judgment. His good performances so far have come against relegation fodders in West Brom, Hull, Palace.

Hopefully he'll get more then 15/10 minutes  or so to have a chance against quality 

Can only performance when you're played. Might have been the difference had he started against Utd or City.