Olivier Giroud

milka

10 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

1 minute ago, BluesMadLad said:

So this rumour has to be called bs right? Because as we are made to believe this who thing cant work if bats doesn't go to dortmund PEA to arsenal and giroud here..... SO why put him in the squad to maybe bring him on to maybe get injured..........!!!!!! Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Sounds like it's happening this, and out of all the names linked he's the one who is the best of them. We have to settle for this type of signing now and understand we are not big pullers in the transfer market whilst this board are pulling the strings.

I just hope this is a Conte approval signing and he can get the maximum from him and he comes in offering us a lot.

What would you say he's better at than dzeko ?

1 minute ago, Artandur said:

It's like splitting hairs for me this one, Dzeko is a better finisher IMO but Giroud is one of the best one touch hold up players in the league, he's just a big nightmare to mark and with his aerial threat he's a big danger.

After all, that's what we want if you read reports.

1 minute ago, Artandur said:

Is beard is ally AF lol. But in all seriousness I really like giroud I hope he comes brilliant in the air and he capable of some absolute worldys. I would honestly start him ahead of morata and make him work for his place back, might improve then.

I'm tired of explaining this, but I'll mention the main points to you again. 1) We are clearly after a target man, Auba isn't one. 2) He costs around 60 million + big wages, or such are the numbers thrown around in the media. We won't spend so much money on another striker having already spent a record amount on Morata. 3) Auba expects to be a starter, a main man and rightfully so. But so does Morata, this is the reason he left Real, and he will be our main striker for years to come considering the price we paid for him. 4) We don't play 2 strikers, no room for both and you don't buy players for 60m+ to be backups.
Long story short: He doesn't fit the profile and is too expensive for us.
Thank you [emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]

Now, why, Why, WHY, WHHHHHYYYYYYYY are people saying Morata needs Dzeko's competition.

I follow Morata since his debut under Mourinho a thousand years ago, he usually has ups and downs and the shooter for his downs has always, 100%, ever been down to one of two things: heartbreak and confidence.

The personal problems often led to confidence issues.

Now unless you're giving up already on a £70m player who's still quite young and has four more years with us, who's struggling to find form, is lacking confidence and also struggling to adapt to a completely different league and weather, it makes no sense to bring someone that will give him a run for his money. With competition he will drown deeper.

He needs to be babysat right now and as much as I hate this and roll my eyes, this IS quite common with Millennials in their new jobs.

Football players tend to be different, but Morata is the poster child for this generation regular guy getting in the market

We will have to be patient, but I think with time, he'll do good for us. Until them he needs support to build his confidence on, be a bit pampered and that stuff. He will get over the confidence issue eventually but it will pop up a few more times. But he will adapt to English football and as he grows older and become more mature he will also be less prone to this kind of problem (confidence and personal problems affecting his job).

We will have to be patient with this one, but I think it'll pay off, but the last thing he needs right now is someone who could pose a threat to him