test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

33. Emerson Palmieri

Started by Jason,

236 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Jason said:

It's sooooooooooooooooooooooo refreshing to see a full back charging up and down the flank with pace and causing danger in the opposition box. Emerson wasn't afraid to take on players and attack the box and the others were confident in playing the ball into space, knowing he has the pace to get onto it, unlike Alonso, who must always receive the ball at his feet. 

But knowing Sarri, he'll probably drop Emerson back to the bench for Alonso when the league returns next week...

Nah I believe Emerson starts from now on.

Sarri can be stubborn but he's not stupid. He can now see Emerson is twice the player that Alonslow is.

Just now, Jason said:

I'll see it when I believe it. 

I think Willian and Alonslow are going to feel his wrath from now on. Emerson over Alonslow. Hazard - Higuain - Pedro up front.

Dazzy_Vance and kellzfresh like this

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think people are building themselves up for disappointment.  Best to expect Alonso and be pleasantly surprised by the team sheet if Emerson starts.  Look at the start of this thread:  People reacted to the team sheet as if we were told we were getting a second Christmas.

Supermonkey92 likes this

Just now, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think people are building themselves up for disappointment.  Best to expect Alonso and be pleasantly surprised by the team sheet if Emerson starts.  Look at the start of this thread:  People reacted to the team sheet as if we were told we were getting a second Christmas.

Precisely why I said I'll believe it when Sarri starts playing Emerson in the league games. Though it was Spurs tonight, it's the League Cup and Sarri did play Emerson at Liverpool earlier this season. So his inclusion doesn't mean much at this point.

Bosnian Blue and manpe like this

Just now, Jason said:

Precisely why I said I'll believe it when Sarri starts playing Emerson in the league games. Though it was Spurs tonight, it's the League Cup and Sarri did play Emerson at Liverpool earlier this season. So his inclusion doesn't mean much at this point.

Oh, I agree with you.  I think people are going to be really upset.  When Emerson starts 2 league matches in a row, I'll start to think he's got a chance. 

Great game from him. That type of performance is what we are lacking from the fullbacks previously. 

Has to be our starting left back now. 

How good was that cross for Giroud? The run was absolutely fantastic as well. While they may have limitations defensively, Emerson and Zappa are the only natural attacking FB that are able to charge down the flanks and whip those type of crosses in. So refreshing to see.

Unionjack likes this

28 minutes ago, Stats said:

How good was that cross for Giroud? The run was absolutely fantastic as well. While they may have limitations defensively, Emerson and Zappa are the only natural attacking FB that are able to charge down the flanks and whip those type of crosses in. So refreshing to see.

Yes mate totally agree.

Girooo will be pissed at himself for missing a few (Pedro too)

I just said in game thread that Girooo will be pissed at himself for missing a couple of easy ones.

I think this is where Higs wil help us out/ Its not like we haven;t had lots of chances is it. We could have gone in at half time at least 4-0 up. Get il Pipita  putting even half of his chances away and he will get double figures easy.

I'm quite optimistic. Lets play to the footballing atoms this is our season turn around eh!

Sideshow Luiz and Stats like this

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Sarri has praised him after the game too. 

Surely this is the end of Alonso :)