Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

As opposed to a lb with  horrible positioning, bad tackling, no pace and who can only pass the ball back  to Hazard but scores a wondergoal every blue moon?

Recommend you check Alonso’s stats on passing.  Not really going to discuss his passing, my choice.

Regarding the rest, consider that you cannot possibly be right about all of it. Because if you were right, then Alonso wouldn’t be playing for a top club and a top national team.

his positioning is fine. He’s caught out of place because he is an left midfield by role. Consider that he wouldn’t play if he were not following what the managers wanted would he? Quickest way to lose ones position.

appealing to logic here, but I know it’s a lost cause.

regarding Emerson, both conte and sarri are right: Alonso is twice the player.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I dont think Emerson is going to change our team at all. Perhaps weaken it defensively, although we are already weak on the left side.

As if Emerson is defensively weaker than Alonso.they are both equally shit. Alonso is taller so can help out aerially but Emerson is way quicker and can recover. 

Offensively however Imo Emersons technique and pace is way more valuable than the occasional free kick goal. 

2 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Recommend you check Alonso’s stats on passing.  Not really going to discuss his passing, my choice.

Regarding the rest, consider that you cannot possibly be right about all of it. Because if you were right, then Alonso wouldn’t be playing for a top club and a top national team.

appealing to logic here, but I know it’s a lost cause.

regarding Emerson, both conte and sarri are right: Alonso is twice the player.

There are nunerous examples of absolute shite players playing regularly for top clubs and national  teams..esp when those have rather poor squads relative to their peaks and leftback is traditionally a position that does not have quality players in abundance. 

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

There are nunerous examples of absolute shite players playing regularly for top clubs and national  teams..esp when those have rather poor squads relative to their peaks and leftback is traditionally a position that does not have quality players in abundance. 

Disagree. Shit players, like Bertrand for example, all play for those smaller clubs. None play for Spain.

another terrible player beloved here, Ake.

it’s a very competitive market. Truly shit players don’t make it here. Even the ones that look terrible, like bakayoko, are still employable elsewhere and would even be stars in certain leagues.

It’s all relative...Willian would be he very best player at Leicester for ex. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Emerson is 24 years olx. Has beem playing professionally since 2011. Alonso may be shite but if Emerson is a prospect does that make Bakayoko a prospect? Not a chance. At 24 you should have more tactical understanding than what Emerson has unfortunately. That game against Derby and the Europa games he looked very naive at times. He may be worth a shot in the short run with Alonso's form but he wont be a key player here. 

A year at Roma 3 seasons ago doesnt change that.

Bakayoko struggles with a 15 yard pass, lets not compare that with a player who lacks a bit of positional awareness and tactical knowledge. This can be improved, especially with more minutes on the pitch and gaining experience while you cant learn to control a ball if you havent learnt it by now.

Bloke had a potentially career ending injury after a very good season in Rome. Hasnt played 3 matches in a row for almost 2 and a half years and people are writing him off. 

No way will he ever be a key player, I just said hes an exciting player compared to the other one we have there.

37 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

As if Emerson is defensively weaker than Alonso.they are both equally shit. Alonso is taller so can help out aerially but Emerson is way quicker and can recover. 

Offensively however Imo Emersons technique and pace is way more valuable than the occasional free kick goal. 

Emerson's definitely defensively weaker. He has pace but relies on it because hes always caught out. Positionally he is poor. Alonso isnt great either I agree but Emerson and Luiz together in the same defence scares me.

6 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

Bakayoko struggles with a 15 yard pass, lets not compare that with a player who lacks a bit of positional awareness and tactical knowledge. This can be improved, especially with more minutes on the pitch and gaining experience while you cant learn to control a ball if you havent learnt it by now.

Bloke had a potentially career ending injury after a very good season in Rome. Hasnt played 3 matches in a row for almost 2 and a half years and people are writing him off. 

No way will he ever be a key player, I just said hes an exciting player compared to the other one we have there.

He has a long way to go positionally and tactically. Weve seen the likes of Ruben, Ross etc worked on these things in different positions under Sarri and got their chance. If Sarri doesnt truely fancy Emerson as an option I dont blame him because he is a liability defensively and like you've said hasnt played regularly due to fitness and injuries. Alonso can be improved upon also because he is also defensively weak and frustrating offensively at times but his averageness doesn't help his cause.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

Juventus Want Emerson On A Permanent Deal

Good, Emerson plus £100m for Dybala

Striker Solved

Buy Chilwell for £50m (HG)

LB solved

cost £150m

Sell

Morata £45m

Drinkwater £20m 

Moses £15m

Bakayoko £25m

Bats £25m

Cahill £5m

Zouma £25m

£160m in sales

take the £10m in profit

and Barella now cost the same as Paredes

buy Barella, loan back till summer

make do with Ampadu and Kovacic as DH DMF backup

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Assuming Sarri just doesn't fancy him (which has been clear) I'd sell and then throw whatever it takes at Leicester for Chilwell before City make their move for him.

GOOD CALL, we are on the same page!

Chilwell trumps Firpo due to HG needs

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Assuming Sarri just doesn't fancy him (which has been clear) I'd sell and then throw whatever it takes at Leicester for Chilwell before City make their move for him.

I'm surprised he didn't get more of a chance here. 

Getting Chilwell should help with lb and with homegrown so double bonus.  Just got go after it like Pulisic, get in quick and get it done before anyone else gets involved.

On 27/12/2018 at 4:04 PM, Jason said:

This 'Manager X sees Player Y in training. So he knows better' argument is really getting tiresome and silly...

La Tortuga has the WORST cross completion rate of ANY player in all the top 5 Euro leagues!!!

It is insane for us not to buy a decent LB (Emerson is obviously shite if he cant bench Turgidlonso)

Chilwell (HG)

Firpo

Telles

flip a goddamn coin

dribbble-render-02.gif

I am starting to question Sarri's eyesight

time for new goggles

If we dont plan to use him then sell him. Buy Chilwell.

But dont be surprised if he soon blows out in juve or wherever he goes. He is nowhere near as bad as our management pictures him tob be.

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

If we dont plan to use him then sell him. Buy Chilwell.

But dont be surprised if he soon blows out in juve or wherever he goes. He is nowhere near as bad as our management pictures him tob be.

Its on Sarri that pictures him bad...his judgement of talent is unimpressive and what gives you the impression he will play another left back ahead of Alonso?

5 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

Its on Sarri that pictures him bad...his judgement of talent is unimpressive and what gives you the impression he will play another left back ahead of Alonso?

If he chooses the LB and isnt stuck with one he clearly doesnt rate I am sure he will be open to changing no? I cant see where this hype for Emerson comes from apart from the fact everyone doesn't fancy Alonso. He had one good season about 3 or 4 years ago. Hasnt been the same since. Even here fair enough he is faster than Alonso and better at 1v1s but are you going to tell me that he is relly better? Hes a defensive liability.