test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

33. Emerson Palmieri

Started by Jason,

395 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, the wes said:

Why are we in a rush to offer him a new contract? He still has 3 years left and I'd rather wait till the end of the season before attempting to do so - assess his performances, improvement then and make sure he's not just having a purple patch and our options as a whole. Last thing we need is another situation like Alonso's, where we gave him a new contract because he did well in a back 3 but he's now fallen out of favor with a different system, manager etc, and we have a deadwood on a long term contract. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Why are we in a rush to offer him a new contract? He still has 3 years left and I'd rather wait till the end of the season before attempting to do so - assess his performances, improvement then and make sure he's not just having a purple patch and our options as a whole. Last thing we need is another situation like Alonso's, where we gave him a new contract because he did well in a back 3 but he's now fallen out of favor with a different system, manager etc, and we have a deadwood on a long term contract. 

I think Courtois, Hazard and CHO situation made our board do things differently. 

Fernando, LAM09, the wes and 1 other like this

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

The last 6 or 7 months he has been really good. I think its form that shows that he is definitely worthy of a renewal. He is our first choice LB comfortably. We could wait longer but again undoubtedly other clubs will have noticed, Juventus especially who have wanted him before (and this summer). Wouldnt be surprised if there were other clubs too. Plus its not always as easy as offering a deal and it being signed the next day, as we have seen with CHO. Dont see why being in a rush is an issue? Its hardly as if we are offering him 180k after 10 Europs Leagues like certain others. It makes perfect sense.

To fend off interest from other teams or agent wanting better terms for a starter?  

Trend as of late at the club.

Injured on national duty, looked like he pulled his hamstring. 
Alonso and Azpi at FB.
Vesper likes this

I fucking hate international football. FUCK OFF!

Thats us fucked for who knows how long with that snail Alonslow hauling his ass around the pitch like an ocean cruise liner.

:middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger:

Magic Lamps, manpe and Vesper like this

2 hours ago, Jype said:

Injured on national duty, looked like he pulled his hamstring. 

Just fucking great :( 

On 9/8/2019 at 11:57 PM, OneMoSalah said:

The last 6 or 7 months he has been really good. I think its form that shows that he is definitely worthy of a renewal. He is our first choice LB comfortably. We could wait longer but again undoubtedly other clubs will have noticed, Juventus especially who have wanted him before (and this summer). Wouldnt be surprised if there were other clubs too. Plus its not always as easy as offering a deal and it being signed the next day, as we have seen with CHO. Dont see why being in a rush is an issue? Its hardly as if we are offering him 180k after 10 Europs Leagues like certain others. It makes perfect sense.

Not saying Emerson is a bad player but just because another club want a player, doesn't mean he's WOW or anything like that. After all, you're talking about a club who swapped Cancelo for Danilo and intended to do the same with Dybala for Lukaku. Furthermore, Atletico bought Torres and Morata from us, would you say they're top players when the deals happened? If Emerson has only 2 years left on his contract now, then I would understand the need to perhaps extend it ASAP but that's not the case. What if his current form is just a purple patch? What if we suddenly ended up with another deadwood on a long term contract?

22 hours ago, Pizy said:

I fucking hate international football. FUCK OFF!

Thats us fucked for who knows how long with that snail Alonslow hauling his ass around the pitch like an ocean cruise liner.

:middlefinger::middlefinger::middlefinger:

Fuck Alonso. He and Willian should have been sold in 2018. £90m or so flushed down the shitter after Willian leaves on a free and we get around half for La Tortuga versus his 2018 valuation.

killer1257 likes this