Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

3 hours ago, ja1 said:

In about 2 starts he has as many assists that Alonso has managed in, what 32 league games?

Emerson has 2 assists in 4 games in all competitions (1 in the league). Alonso has 7 in all competitions since joining us (5 in the league - 2 this season).

Was he actually that good last night? Or is the desperation to see Alonso dropped leading to exaggerations? (like the Ivan-Baba situation). I thought he was pretty quiet all be it made a vital contribution at the end to seal the points.

That said im by no means saying he isn't promosing and i do want to see more of him, but by the comments you'd think he unleashed his inner prime Ash last night.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Was he actually that good last night? Or is the desperation to see Alonso dropped leading to exaggerations? (like the Ivan-Baba situation). I thought he was pretty quiet all be it made a vital contribution at the end to seal the points.

That said im by no means saying he isn't promosing and i do want to see more of him, but by the comments you'd think he unleashed his inner prime Ash last night.

Wasn't really tested at all defensively because both he and Moses had Burnley's wide players pinned back almost the whole match. In addition, us having both Giroud and Morata up top meant that a lot of the play was condensed in the middle of the pitch.

Speaking for myself here, but I'm just glad to see a wingback who I'm not terrified about getting totally spanked for pace. Alonso is a fantastic option to have in the squad but for games against good sides he's too easily exposed. Emerson (if he continues to play well) needs to play in the bigger games.

On 20/04/2018 at 1:35 PM, Jason said:

On 20/04/2018 at 1:35 PM, Jason said:

Interesting considering Alonso provides nonexistent 1v1 threat. I get what he means though, he did well but you can see more potential for him to attack their right hand side should he have wished. Hopefully a run of games to increase his confidence will see him do as such. 

Hmmmmm this has me pondering.

So you're saying that Conte won't play a guy, in this case Emerson, a guy that in 2 games has shored up the left LWB position, for a errrr... let's say a far inferior player.

If that's the case I just don't get it, I mean fucking hell if I can see the difference Emerson has made surely Conte can.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...