Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

Conte wanted Alex Sandro, he receives this guy :D No words, I just wish him all the best with Chelsea shirt, at least I don't have any big expectations for him. And at least he is a LWB, it seems like the board are going in the right direction, but are definitely far away from the quality players that Chelsea needs.

Answered this in the transfer thread, to throw some light on who we signed

Dude, this guy doesn't have 40 professional starts at age 23, and has 65 appearances as a professional in his entire career. Please enlighten me on what the heck you are backing up such expectations on?
He couldn't start for Santos!!!!!!
All he has is an okay season at Roma and a youth tournament in Brazil where he played 8 matches.
From the height of such glory I've seen zero evidence/fact he would displace Alonso from the team... I don't remember him from Santos, but based on the Copinha displays and the Roma matches (he only took part in about half of their total), there's absolutely nothing to be excited about... Actually he barely played enough as a professional to be rated either way.
It could work, but he's a huge gamble and a greater risk than Alonso, Baka, Zappa and Dani. Probably bigger than all of them together and I'm not exaggerating

1 hour ago, Barbara said:

Dude, this guy doesn't have 40 professional starts at age 23, and has 65 appearances as a professional in his entire career. Please enlighten me on what the heck you are backing up such expectations on?
He couldn't start for Santos!!!!!!
All he has is an okay season at Roma and a youth tournament in Brazil where he played 8 matches.
From the height of such glory I've seen zero evidence/fact he would displace Alonso from the team... I don't remember him from Santos, but based on the Copinha displays and the Roma matches (he only took part in about half of their total), there's absolutely nothing to be excited about... Actually he barely played enough as a professional to be rated either way.
It could work, but he's a huge gamble and a greater risk than Alonso, Baka, Zappa and Dani. Probably bigger than all of them together and I'm not exaggerating

So he aint no Ashley Cole then :P

Watching him more on YouTube (I know, I know :P) and you know who he reminds me of? In terms of physique and playing style he seems similar to Kyle Walker. Very athletic, aggressive both defensively and attacking, and has great pace.

He's basically the polar opposite of Marcos Alonso.

This is not called "throwing light" on something. Throwing light is giving a professional and coherent interpretation of a players' attributes based on your opinion after you actually watched him play football. And yes, a full season as a starter for Roma is quite enough to obtain an opinion about a player. Clearly you never saw him in action so I'll just say - sometimes silence is golden.  I haven't seen him play but after some intelligence work around Roma forums, they seem to be upset to lose him for such low price and they also say he is a very good prospect. Some even say he has world class potential. The general trend is that he is a very hard worker with some Brazilian flair on the side. I believe he will come good, just like other notable low profile defenders we brought in the last decade. 

Good luck Emerson!

You missed the point completely

25 professional matches at age 23 is too little to have an opinion about him - I said that clearly.

Did I ever say he's good, bad, awesome, terrible?

No, I said it's a gamble, a risk because this guy has started less than 40 professional matches in his career, having partipated in 65 including subs.

The fact you can state anything about him is remarkable because I have no idea what we can learn from that little.

There are U-21 players that have played more.

But hey, you know about the guy more than Conte does, so you have the upper hand here [emoji6]