Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

Let us hope he settles quickly and hits the ground running. Will be a godsend to have a quality rotation option for Alonso. No more seeing Zappacosta switched over there or friggin Pedro slotting in a LWB.

Fuck the transfers, the club, whatever.
Can Marina recommend me her dermatologist?
The woman looks ten years younger every new signing pictures...
Although I would also need the part she gets for every signing she's able to bring the price down...

Let us hope he settles quickly and hits the ground running. Will be a godsend to have a quality rotation option for Alonso. No more seeing Zappacosta switched over there or friggin Pedro slotting in a LWB.

Dude, this guy doesn't have 40 professional starts at age 23, and has 65 appearances as a professional in his entire career.

Please enlighten me on what the heck you are backing up such expectations on?

He couldn't start for Santos!!!!!!

All he has is an okay season at Roma and a youth tournament in Brazil where he played 8 matches.

From the height of such glory I've seen zero evidence/fact he would displace Alonso from the team... I don't remember him from Santos, but based on the Copinha displays and the Roma matches (he only took part in about half of their total), there's absolutely nothing to be excited about... Actually he barely played enough as a professional to be rated either way.

It could work, but he's a huge gamble and a greater risk than Alonso, Baka, Zappa and Dani. Probably bigger than all of them together and I'm not exaggerating

Just now, Barbara said:

Dude, this guy doesn't have 40 professional starts at age 23, and has 65 appearances as a professional in his entire career.
Please enlighten me on what the heck you are backing up such expectations on?
He couldn't start for Santos!!!!!!
All he has is an okay season at Roma and a youth tournament in Brazil where he played 8 matches.
From the height of such glory I've seen zero evidence/fact he would displace Alonso from the team... I don't remember him from Santos, but based on the Copinha displays and the Roma matches (he only took part in about half of their total), there's absolutely nothing to be excited about... Actually he barely played enough as a professional to be rated either way.
It could work, but he's a huge gamble and a greater risk than Alonso, Baka, Zappa and Dani. Probably bigger than their risk altogether...

Barb, I meant that it would be a godsend if he turns out well not that he for sure will be.

I don't have a clue about him. 😄

Barb, I meant that it would be a godsend if he turns out well not that he for sure will be.
I don't have a clue about him. [emoji1]
Who does really? Guy is sorta like airplane horns. They said it exists, but nobody has ever seen it

https://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2018/01/emerson-signs.html

Emerson Palmieri has today become the latest addition to the Chelsea squad after completing a transfer from Italian side Roma.

The 23-year-old has signed a four-and-a-half-year contract and will wear the number 33 shirt.

Upon signing for the Premier League champions, Emerson said: ‘I came here because it’s a great team with a great history. Today I am realising one of my dreams to pull on the shirt of such a great club.

‘English football is something I have been watching since I was 15 years old. It is a really beautiful game over here but it is going to be even more beautiful to play it.’

Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia added: ‘We are delighted to welcome Emerson to the club. He is a young and talented player who strengthens the squad and will provide excellent competition for places as we pursue success in three different competitions.’ 

Emerson, full name Emerson Palmieri dos Santos, arrives following a fruitful and productive two-and-a-half seasons with Roma, where he established himself as an important member of the side and gained invaluable experience of playing in Europe.

A versatile left-sided player who can operate as a full-back, wing-back or in a more advanced role, Emerson is skilful, possesses a good range of passing and reads the game well for a player so young.

Having not featured for Roma in Europe this season he is eligible to play in all competitions for Chelsea.

Welcome to Chelsea, Emerson!