• Hazard
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to see Alonso at LCB (if he continues to persist with the three-CB system).

I think of Vertonghen when I watch him. He was originally played at LB when Spurs signed him. He was a decent LB at best. His defending was questioned in that position as well. Too slow and cumbersome to keep up with wingers. But he was much better at CB.

Yeah started so well. Then they scored and seemed off since then. Hopefully we can start next half well. And don't waste chances!! 
Ooo hello Dennis 
Willian missing another sitter didn't help. This Arsenal side are here for the taking

1 minute ago, Barbara said:

Unrelated question. How many games Moratas been suspended?

He is not anymore (just 1 game). He was OK to play today but he has some injury problems with his back.

6 minutes ago, DYC. said:

I remember when I had to read people say Alonso is a 'fantastic crosser'. He's been a horrible crosser from day 1.

His passing and comfort on the ball is underappreciated though.

Next up is the debunking of the myth of Rudiger being a ball-playing defender.

One of the worst crossers I’ve ever seen. So bad. 

Why would you not consider Rüdiger as a BPD? He has a good pass on him and is quite comfortable in possession. I know he has composure/concentration issues but that doesn’t really negate his general technical skills. 

1 minute ago, Stats said:

Really impressed with how dominant and imposing a figure Bakayoko looks out there. He seems a lot more confident tonight too.

Only thing annoying is the refs giving other teams a free kick cause Bakayoko is just too strong for their players.

1 minute ago, Barbara said:

Thought he got a yellow and a red for dissent
As bad as he's been, I still prefer to see him there rather than no one

It was yellow and then second yellow for dissent but yes I agree we need someone to play the ball into

6 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

One of the worst crossers I’ve ever seen. So bad. 

Why would you not consider Rüdiger as a BPD? He has a good pass on him and is quite comfortable in possession. I know he has composure/concentration issues but that doesn’t really negate his general technical skills. 

Rudiger has a decent crosspass on him but that's it. Ball-playing defenders are composed with the ball and can comfortably dribble into midfield, possess a good range of passing and distribute the ball intelligently.

Rudiger's passing is random. Plays the easiest and most obvious passes most of the time and only starts thinking about his next move when the ball is at his feet. He plays with a question mark above his head. And he loses all composure when opposition players are around him.

I'm not saying he's terrible on the ball but he is not a ball-playing defender. At all.