test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
milka

Olivier Giroud

Started by milka,

356 posts in this topic
Just now, BlueLyon said:

I know he will be just a back up but how exactly he adds anything to the team?

I mean, we were looking for striker to challenge Morata and replace him when he is out of form/injured. 

Dzeko has that presence and scores regulary.

Giroud is only good enough to be back up. Thats the difference. If Morata is out, we are no better with either Bats or Giroud out there.

Even for 15m, I dont see the point of this transfer. Its just another Drinkwater addition where we buy just to get another body in squad but has absolutely no quality or potential to play first 11.

He is very strong, even stronger than Džeko, I guess, that's the main difference. So he will never fall down. But scoring from 1-on-1 situations might still be a problem.

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

I know he will be just a back up but how exactly he adds anything to the team?

I mean, we were looking for striker to challenge Morata and replace him when he is out of form/injured. 

Dzeko has that presence and scores regulary.

Giroud is only good enough to be back up. Thats the difference. If Morata is out, we are no better with either Bats or Giroud out there.

Even for 15m, I dont see the point of this transfer. Its just another Drinkwater addition where we buy just to get another body in squad but has absolutely no quality or potential to play first 11.

XD, you know that Dzeko scored 3 league goals in last 16 games?

1 minute ago, El P. said:

He is very strong, even stronger than Džeko, I guess, that's the main difference. So he will never fall down. But scoring from 1-on-1 situations might still be a problem.

You've never seen Giroud fall down? Yep, you haven't watched enough Arsenal games. He falls down A LOT. He even moans a lot too, crying at the ref.

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

They lost Coutinho, but they got VVD. While VVD has a slow start, he is a solid defender that will actually grow and strengthen that Liverpool defense that has been so weak for years. Liverpool still got Salah, Firmino and Mane...and these players WILL hurt Chelsea when we play them.

Arsenal lost Sanchez, but they are getting in return a much better unified strikeforce. Lazarette, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Ozil, Bellerin, Wilshere...nah man. They have strengthened. It's better to have a unified team then a 1 man team. Like us with Hazard.

Yeah, it's all doom and gloom. Chelsea will get relegated to the Championship next season, okey mate.

For starters you're really overrating Liverpool there. Mane's been shit this season, no better than Pedro or Willian really. Firmino is not a world class forward and the jury is still out on whether Salah can replicate this season's form for the years to come. And either way bar their forward line Liverpool are mediocre as fuck, and are always gonna keep dropping silly points if they don't upgrade the remaining of their back four and goalkeeper, VVD alone is not going to take them anywhere. Keita coming in next summer is a good addition for their midfield tho. 

Barbara likes this

Just now, Mana said:

You've never seen Giroud fall down? Yep, you haven't watched enough Arsenal games. He falls down A LOT. He even moans a lot too crying at the ref.

I've seen Drogba and Costa down a lot of times, too. But that doesn't mean they cannot hold their ground when it matters.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

He falls down A LOT. He even moans a lot too crying at the ref.

Morata doesn't that alot too 

Just now, Jype said:

Yeah, it's all doom and gloom. Chelsea will get relegated to the Championship next season, okey mate.

For starters you're really overrating Liverpool there. Mane's been shit this season, Firmino is not really a world class forward and the jury is still out on whether Salah can replicate this season's form for the years to come. And either way bar their forward Liverpool are mediocre as fuck, and are always gonna keep dropping silly points if they don't upgrade the remaining of their back four and goalkeeper, VVD alone is not going to take them anywhere. Keita coming in next summer is a good addition for their midfield tho. 

Feck off. Where did I imply we are getting relegated?

Also at least I'm seeing that Liverpool are trying to improve their team and strengthen.

Okay, what in the fuck is this!?

First of, why the fuck would we be after Llorente again when he's been abysmal for Spuds? Secondly, why would we even entertain the idea of sending Batshuayi to Spuds!? Lastly, Giroud clearly isn't as close to joining us as was reported.

Clearly a lot more twists and turns before the deadline. My money is still on Bats staying and us signing no other forwards.

1 minute ago, Jype said:

Championship? I thought we have been relegated to the conference while Liverpool, Arsenal and United have all sealed the quadruple.

Barbara and Jype like this

I've seen Drogba and Costa down a lot of times, too. But that doesn't mean they cannot hold their ground when it matters.

Difference between Drogba/Costa and Giroud is that two of them are world class strikers. The other is not.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Also at least I'm seeing that Liverpool are trying to improve their team and strengthen.

It's sarcasm, ever heard of it?

And Liverpool have a funny way going about strengthening their team, selling their best player and all.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Okay, what in the fuck is this!?

First of, why the fuck would we be after Llorente again when he's been abysmal for Spuds? Secondly, why would we even entertain the idea of sending Batshuayi to Spuds!? Lastly, Giroud clearly isn't as close to joining us as was reported.

Clearly a lot more twists and turns before the deadline. My money is still on Bats staying and us signing no other forwards.

Llorente is cup tied again for CL and FA cup, id fail to see the appeal for him. Plus he has not performed for Spurs.   Plus fuck letting Spurs have Batshuayi.   Giroud to Dortmund now has potential again

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

Difference between Drogba/Costa and Giroud is that two of them are world class strikers. The other is not.

That's rather ad-hominem, and has nothing to with solely their strength. Heskey is nowhere near being a top striker, but is stronger than both Drogba and Costa.

Just now, Jype said:

It's sarcasm, ever heard of it?

And Liverpool have a funny way going about strengthening their team, selling their best player and all.

Liverpool had no choice. Coutinho wanted to leave. Liverpool tried to hold on to him, but he's not having any of it. The agreement was already done behind closed doors in the summer.

I swear Conte loves Donkeys. Giroud is better than Llorente but he still wants that donkey Llorente are u fucking kidding me? 

Dazzy_Vance likes this

Also, no need to mention - Giroud should win most of the headers in our link up play, something Morata isn't very good at. He is not just tall, he can jump sky-high.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

Liverpool the ultra ambitious club that has sold there best player without replacing him, has Mingolet on his 5th season as keeper and Henderson as captain. To put it another way, if we sell Hazard, make Willy number 1 keeper and Drinkwater captain, would you be raving about how well were doing strengthening the squad? I can get pointing to City or United, but Liverpool? :lol:

Jype, Barbara, communicate and 1 other like this

That's rather ad-hominem, and has nothing to with solely their strength. Heskey is nowhere near being a top striker, but is stronger than both Drogba and Costa.

Where are you going with this. I don't care about strength. As you said Heskey has strength but he's a donkey. Giroud is more of a Heskey than Costa/Drogba.

Oh God though. I can't believe some fans here are happy with Giroud. He is not a godsend for crying out loud. He's another bang average player looking to play World Cup this season, that's why he's happy to play for us.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Liverpool the ultra ambitious club that has sold there best player without replacing him, has Mingolet on his 5th season as keeper and Henderson as captain. To put it another way, if we sell Hazard, make Willy number 1 keeper and Drinkwater captain, would you be raving about how well were doing strengthening the squad? I can get pointing to City or United, but Liverpool? :lol:

I don't think you can compare that...

Liverpool are very unbalanced, because their defense is a shambles. But going forward is a different story. And you know it.

Oh and when did we last beat Liverpool before we laugh at them? Ever since Klopp arrived we have failed to beat them. Just like with Arsenal, 1 win in like 10 encounters. We should be beating these guys, but we are going to Anfield soon again, expecting a spanking. 

Just now, Mana said:

Where are you going with this. I don't care about strength. As you said Heskey has strength but he's a donkey. Giroud is more of a Heskey than Costa/Drogba.

Oh God though. I can't believe some fans here are happy with Giroud. He is not a godsend for crying out loud. He's another bang average player looking to play World Cup this season, that's why he's happy to play for us.

I don't think you can compare that...

Liverpool are very unbalanced, because their defense is a shambles. But going forward is a different story. And you know it.

Oh and when did we last beat Liverpool before we laugh at them? Ever since Klopp arrived we have failed to beat them. Just like with Arsenal, 1 win in like 10 encounters. We should be beating these guys, but we are going to Anfield soon again, expecting a spanking. 

1. We are not going to Anfield again this season bar a CL draw.

2. Even if we were, we haven't lost there since 2012.

As for there defense being a shambles, that has been the case for years so surely if they were as ambitious as you are trying to make out, they would have sorted it by now?