Edin Dzeko

the wes

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Drives a hard bargain? Like paying 35m for Drinkwater, 40m for Bakayoko and 33m for Batshuayi? We've overpaid for players we've signed in the last how ever many years except a few (Costa, Cesc, Kante, Alonso who you could say we've gotten value for money) then failed to pay a bit more for players who have genuine quality in comparison to what we have gotten (Kyle Walker, Alex Sandro, Danilo). 

Danilo is shit. Sandro was unavailable. Bd for walker we could not financially compete with city. 

Yes we overpaid for those player but that does not justify overpaying for Dzeko. I am disappointed Marina fucked this up too but if it was happening who is to say that in a few months people would not gonna moan about slow he is and that he offers nothing when he does not score goals. At some point we have to acknowledge someone had to make a decision. And if dzeko really wanted 7m net of taxes I would have told hin to fuck off werks before Marina did.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I can't be fuss about the failure of this potential transfer....yes people in charge of transfers up there are morons...but what I don't understand is our refusal to try and sign a quality right winger ala fekir/pulisic/gelson or any quality/class player...the last time I check striker is not part of our problem....yes morata has been pathetic recently but imagine a scenario whereby we add a quality or class player to that Pedro/willian position...is it conte choice to go for another striker or the boards decision?

4 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

The guy’s demands were ridiculous if I’m being completely honest with myself. He wanted to make 120k a week till he’s 35... sorry that does seem a bit too rich for my blood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but the alternative is pay 120k a week for 2 drinkwater / zappa level players

At this point useless is a word to lenient to describe our board, they have reached a legendary status of stupidity.

Forget Dzeko, i have found the perfect target man for our board. He is cheap as hell, will sit on the bench without complaining, will never ask for a raise and he will still score more goals than Carrol

wooden-archery-board-500x500.jpg

15 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

The guy’s demands were ridiculous if I’m being completely honest with myself. He wanted to make 120k a week till he’s 35... sorry that does seem a bit too rich for my blood.

I don't think 120k a week is exactly unreasonable, considering he'll be one of Roma's highest earners considering his City wage would of been quite big (wouldn't exactly be one of our top earners on that money, both Courtois & Hazard if they renew will get almost double (Tibo), triple (Eden) that. Cesc, David Luiz, Morata... all bound to be on more than that), although I can see the reluctantly to offer him a longer deal than we would have originally wanted to. I'd imagine that there is more chance of a compromise on salary than on the length of the contract. Hardly ridiculous demands, most players we will sign will want a pay rise. Think 3.5 years is something our board wouldnt move on. They'd of wanted like 2 years.

The only thing our board is capable of right now, is signing mediocre players for way more than they actually worth. So, don't be surprised that they struggle so much with signing Dzeko and Palmieri. The left back will probably come, because Roma doesn't even need and the cash they would make from him are decent, but when they try to sign a player who actually plays for their team, they can't finalize a deal.
If they were any competent people working in Chelsea board, a new striker whould've been bought in the first weeks of January, now it seems like we have to destroy the panic button once again, for 3rd or 4th time in a row...:middlefinger: 

59 minutes ago, lucio said:

but the alternative is pay 120k a week for 2 drinkwater / zappa level players

Exactly. Dzeko is not on such a high level that he should be earning like those two combined. They were bought as squad players and so would be Dzeko. You think a 32 y.o. would start over our club record signing? Get outta here! Morate is no.1 and Dzeko would be used about as much as Michy has been, maybe even less because of his unavailability in the CL. Dzeko used to be a great striker adn is still showing glimpses but he is decline. We made a reasonable , not cheap offer and his demands exceeded that so it was the right decision to move on even though I would have loved to have a classy backup just as much as you. 

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Did Džeko reveal his terms only today? NO! No excuses for our board even if Džeko's demands were ridiculous, should haved moved on yonks ago!

Problem with that is there is a negotiation period, cant just bow down to what players what straight away, clearly the board thought they could get him, they tried. My only problem is everything seems to be left untill the last minute.

2 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

You are perhaps right but think the biggest gripe here is the board f*cking around the deal for so long. We knew he was over 30 years old when we entered negotiations. So why we have dragged this on for 2 weeks when it became clear that we aren't going to offer what he wants or he's not going to accept our offer? Should have moved earlier and looked for proper alternatives rather than left looking for scraps in the final days of the transfer window. Okay, we may have saved ourselves by signing Giroud this time (won't be surprised if we ended up with Crouch though!) but generally, it's the same incompetence we've seen so many times from the board.

It just seems so bizzare. They must enter with a idea of what the guy wants... Why its a surprise and a waste of time who knows. He ain't got any younger either.  It's more annoying as happens so often. Just don't get how this gets approched cause it ain't good whatever it is 

8 hours ago, Jason said:

You are perhaps right but think the biggest gripe here is the board f*cking around the deal for so long. We knew he was over 30 years old when we entered negotiations. So why we have dragged this on for 2 weeks when it became clear that we aren't going to offer what he wants or he's not going to accept our offer? Should have moved earlier and looked for proper alternatives rather than left looking for scraps in the final days of the transfer window. Okay, we may have saved ourselves by signing Giroud this time (won't be surprised if we ended up with Crouch though!) but generally, it's the same incompetence we've seen so many times from the board.

IMO the board just doesnt have the clue and business idea. 

We go around looking for players without actual clear plan who to target.

Today its this guy, tomorrow someone else, next week someone else. We look at the numbers all the time, making limits and then it all becomes one clusterfuck of a mess. Lack of determination, ambition, you name it.

Info leaking in public, negotiations taking ages and in the end we still dont end up with right target, but some last minute panic buy that comes expensive like first choice but isnt half as quality. 

The irony here is, yes, what his agent was asking for was unreasonable on the face of it 120k up until 35.

But with todays diet and physio, the blokes physique, he will more than likely still be banging goals in when hes 35 ala Ibrahamovic

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You