Edin Dzeko

the wes

16 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

That would mean that Roma finances are in poor condition.

Selling 32 year old for £20m would be great business for roma that means they can keep the likes of Nainggolan Instead selling him to China 

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, manpe said:

But I don't understand how is it that we go from Andy Carroll to Dzeko... shouldn't it be the other way around? Going from better to worse, not from worse to better.

It's mind game from the board. Of course fans will be pleased with Dzeko right now, if previously we were linked with the likes of Carroll and Crouch :D

We are getting desperate, aren't we? Not sure why people seem so hopeful about signing Dzeko. Knowing the board, it's probably just a smokescreen and we'll end up signing Crouch.

Worth pointing out that Dzeko, like Morata, hasn't scored a lot in recent months. He's got only 2 goals since that 3-3 game with us - that's 2 goals in 16 games. In fact, his goal record this season is rather similar to Morata's.

Dzeko - 2 goals in last 16 games after scoring 10 in the first 10 games

Morata - 4 goals in last 16 games after netting 8 in first 15 games.

We are getting desperate because the theme from the last summer was the same as previous years. I said after the summer we would be scratching around in the January dustbin and this is exactly what's happened, and will continue to happen until we actually start paying the big bucks and stop settling for middle of the road players in summer.

I just don't know how many lessons the board need in failing to get targets to make them stand up and see the fucking big picture.

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

We are getting desperate, aren't we? Not sure why people seem so hopeful about signing Dzeko. Knowing the board, it's probably just a smokescreen and we'll end up signing Crouch.

Worth pointing out that Dzeko, like Morata, hasn't scored a lot in recent months. He's got only 2 goals since that 3-3 game with us - that's 2 goals in 16 games. In fact, his goal record this season is rather similar to Morata's.

Dzeko - 2 goals in last 16 games after scoring 10 in the first 10 games

Morata - 4 goals in last 16 games after netting 8 in first 15 games.

A change of environment can perform miracles. 

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

We are getting desperate because the theme from the last summer was the same as previous years. I said after the summer we would be scratching around in the January dustbin and this is exactly what's happened, and will continue to happen until we actually start paying the big bucks and stop settling for middle of the road players in summer.

I just don't know how many lessons the board need in failing to get targets to make them stand up and see the fucking big picture.

You're opposed to this transfer? Remember Džeko would be a backup and would give a proper kick up Morata's ass unlike Bats. How much better backup strikers do you think we can realistically get?

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

You're opposed to this transfer? Remember Džeko would be a backup and would give a proper kick up Morata's ass unlike Bats. How much better backup strikers do you think we can realistically get?

My post was in reply to Jason's comments and not about Dzeko himself, just a pure overview of our transfer plight. Please read the previous page on my thoughts on Dzeko.

5 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

@manpe - I think his point is that even if Dzeko is quality stuff, the move is made too late. We needed a solid backup striker since the beginning of the season. 

Yeah hard to argue with that. Too much stock was put into Bats who hasn't progressed like hoped.

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yep. We can scratch that one off, I guess.

Back to Peter Crouch.

Anythings possible but how would he know Conte liked him unless they had talked? So at least it SOUNDS like we were/are serious anyway.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You