Edin Dzeko

the wes

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Looking forward to seeing Batshuayi for the rest of the season...

I just don't understand the massive discrepancy between his performances from one match to another. Like, I realize Arsenal are different to Brighton, but he actually could control a fucking football last weekend. He looked like a 16 year old academy debutant when he came on today. How does he go from looking pretty good to awful in the space of a couple of days?

This is why he desperately needs a loan and also a perfect example of why you don't spend big money on a foreign striker who's coming off of one good season. A move to Chelsea was clearly too soon for him. He's too raw. Needs a good 12 months playing every week at a decent level.

I just don't understand the massive discrepancy between his performances from one match to another. Like, I realize Arsenal are different to Brighton, but he actually could control a fucking football last weekend. He looked like a 16 year old academy debutant when he came on today. How does he go from looking pretty good to awful in the space of a couple of days?
This is why he desperately needs a loan and also a perfect example of why you don't spend big money on a foreign striker who's coming off of one good season. A move to Chelsea was clearly too soon for him. He's too raw. Needs a good 12 months playing every week at a decent level.

The total lack of confidence shown in him by Conte can't help

10 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

What is the point really? 

Out of the League Cup, soon to be out of Champions League, too. The FA Cup? Give me a break, a back-up centre forward and a back-up left back is not going to change anything, two back-up players are not suddenly going to change everything and inspire Chelsea to an FA Cup win. Our problems root deeper than that.

All that is left is a top 4 finish. Think Morata and Batshuayi are enough for one competition only. Kenedy's loan looks so damn stupid now.

Emerson + Dzeko - It is 50M down the drain at this point if you ask me. And surely it's going to affect our summer spending, too, judging by Chelsea's transfer policy these days.

we cant change to a back four without emerson (which needs to happen)

I watched the Roma game and let me tell you, Dzeko 's movement and reading of the game is absolute top quality still. The thing about him is, he doesn't just have one trait, he has a number of them and he's very good at them all.

He runs the channels exceptionally well, he plays on the shoulder of the defender, his hold up play is exceptional and he is still massively dangerous. Right now he's walk into this team.

8 hours ago, LAM09 said:

The total lack of confidence shown in him by Conte can't help

Can you blame him? Batshuayi looks like a deer in headlights nearly every game he plays. 

1 hour ago, lucio said:

azpi at lb and a poor rb (ivan) was the big reason our attack was terrible under jose

I know, didn't say I would like that, but fact is that we could change to that and play 4 at the back without Palmieri.

Then how do you explain his sudden good performance against Brighton?

He thought it was he chance to shine. Did reasonably well but look where he ended up yesterday.

Can you blame him? Batshuayi looks like a deer in headlights nearly every game he plays. 

I really don't expect much from him in cameos. He isn't a CF that will make an immediate impact regularly.

What is the point really? 
Out of the League Cup, soon to be out of Champions League, too. The FA Cup? Give me a break, a back-up centre forward and a back-up left back is not going to change anything, two back-up players are not suddenly going to change everything and inspire Chelsea to an FA Cup win. Our problems root deeper than that.
All that is left is a top 4 finish. Think Morata and Batshuayi are enough for one competition only. Kenedy's loan looks so damn stupid now.
Emerson + Dzeko - It is 50M down the drain at this point if you ask me. And surely it's going to affect our summer spending, too, judging by Chelsea's transfer policy these days.

Even if we did sign him the league cup would only be one game. It doesn't change the fact Morata can't play all the games by himself if top 4 is truly a priority. This isn't just a back up striker it's another option for how we want to play.

Whenever teams see us play with a small lineup like yesterday, all they have to do is press up high and since we have no out ball we usually turn it over and they are right back into our end of the pitch.

We need to have the ability to counter this NOW

The fact that it's taking us this long to sign a backup striker just reinforces my feeling that our board are terrible at their jobs. I could understand negotiations being ultra difficult if we were talking about a superstar or a player from a rival. But for fucks sake, a deal like this should be easy for a club like Chelsea. A club in Roma who are receptive to selling him, a player who by all accounts wants to come here, and us desperate for a new forward. Yet knowing us this still may go down to midnight on deadline day while in the meantime a couple more matches in which we could've used him go by.

I don’t think Roma rejected us. It’s our board again. Look at City - how many days ago they were linked with Laporte? 2-3 days? And he’ll probably be a City player within the next 48 hours.

And this deal is going on for 2 weeks now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You