Chelsea banned for TWO transfer windows

FIFA set to deal blow to Chelsea's hopes of £200m transfer spree and hiring Zinedine Zidane before the start of two-year transfer ban

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6765031/FIFA-deal-blow-Chelseas-hopes-200m-transfer-spree-signing-Zinedine-Zidane-ban.html

OH COME ON NOW!!!:rant::rant:

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

FIFA set to deal blow to Chelsea's hopes of £200m transfer spree and hiring Zinedine Zidane before the start of two-year transfer ban

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6765031/FIFA-deal-blow-Chelseas-hopes-200m-transfer-spree-signing-Zinedine-Zidane-ban.html

if this happens, we are FUCKED, as in well and truly

we will have to let Eden and CHO walk on frees in summer 2020

and also we are fucked (unless Reece James comes good instantly) at both fullbacks, at one CB, and at 2 of the 3 MF'ers (and we cannot even sign Kovacic, so fuckall backup for Jorginho), plus CF (unless Tammy finally comes good at top level)

DOOM:(

On 03/03/2019 at 1:55 PM, Vesper said:

if this happens, we are FUCKED, as in well and truly

we will have to let Eden and CHO walk on frees in summer 2020

and also we are fucked (unless Reece James comes good instantly) at both fullbacks, at one CB, and at 2 of the 3 MF'ers (and we cannot even sign Kovacic, so fuckall backup for Jorginho), plus CF (unless Tammy finally comes good at top level)

DOOM:(

I'm actually pretty calm about this. If the club hold their nerve and don't give in to giving longer term contracts to our older players, it forces us to give chances to some younger players and take a bit longer term approach.

The year before Roman we were only able to buy in De Lucas (who was a bang average squad player) on a free transfer as we had no money available and we went from 6th to 4th that season when expected to start falling apart. It provided time and patience to help the likes of Terry, Gallas, Lampard and Gudjohnsen to develop further and establish themselves. That season in particular Lampard grew into his role. We have players in a similar position at present (Kepa, Christensen, RLC, Barkley, CHO) not to mention all the players out on loan.

Some players such as Christensen and RLC will be given a proper chance to establish themselves as first choice, and our squad can be freshened up still with 3 or 4 younger players out on loan coming back in. There will still be a couple of holes in the team but we can finally see if some of these players are good enough to step up. If they prove to be, then we'll come out of this in a phenomenal position and potentially only need to look at adding 2 or 3 world class players around what we already have.

We're not title challengers at present, and if we have a season of not being able to buy anyone then the club can get by with a season without Champions League football if we had to take a step back to make steps forward in the future.

Striker is the big question mark if Higuain leaves but it would present a huge opportunity for Abraham and possibly bring Bats back from the wilderness. Both have limitations but both are goalscorers.

Just for argument sake (and assuming Hazard were to leave still in the summer. If he stays its a huge bonus):

Kepa

Azpi/James, Rudiger, Christensen, Emerson/Alonso

Jorginho

Kante, RLC/Barkley

Pulisic, Bats/Abraham, CHO

That team is hardly going to get relegated and is still stronger than the rest of the league below the top 6. If the likes of Christensen, RLC, James, CHO, Abraham had breakout seasons we could be looking the following season at only needing to upgrade and tweak a couple of areas of the team to make a title challenge. Not to mention I believe once one or two really establish themselves out of our academy, I believe more will start to follow.

On 3/3/2019 at 9:42 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Daily Mail quoted The Sun (THE SUN!). Oh what irony!

5 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I'm actually pretty calm about this. If the club hold their nerve and don't give in to giving longer term contracts to our older players, it forces us to give chances to some younger players and take a bit longer term approach.

The year before Roman we were only able to buy in De Lucas (who was a bang average squad player) on a free transfer as we had no money available and we went from 6th to 4th that season when expected to start falling apart. It provided time and patience to help the likes of Terry, Gallas, Lampard and Gudjohnsen to develop further and establish themselves. That season in particular Lampard grew into his role. We have players in a similar position at present (Kepa, Christensen, RLC, Barkley, CHO) not to mention all the players out on loan.

Some players such as Christensen and RLC will be given a proper chance to establish themselves as first choice, and our squad can be freshened up still with 3 or 4 younger players out on loan coming back in. There will still be a couple of holes in the team but we can finally see if some of these players are good enough to step up. If they prove to be, then we'll come out of this in a phenomenal position and potentially only need to look at adding 2 or 3 world class players around what we already have.

We're not title challengers at present, and if we have a season of not being able to buy anyone then the club can get by with a season without Champions League football if we had to take a step back to make steps forward in the future.

Striker is the big question mark if Higuain leaves but it would present a huge opportunity for Abraham and possibly bring Bats back from the wilderness. Both have limitations but both are goalscorers.

Just for argument sake (and assuming Hazard were to leave still in the summer. If he stays its a huge bonus):

Kepa

Azpi/James, Rudiger, Christensen, Emerson/Alonso

Jorginho

Kante, RLC/Barkley

Pulisic, Bats/Abraham, CHO

That team is hardly going to get relegated and is still stronger than the rest of the league below the top 6. If the likes of Christensen, RLC, James, CHO, Abraham had breakout seasons we could be looking the following season at only needing to upgrade and tweak a couple of areas of the team to make a title challenge. Not to mention I believe once one or two really establish themselves out of our academy, I believe more will start to follow.

Agreed.

I honestly think RLC is really close to becoming a pretty important player for us - just needs some continuity esp remaining injury-free for some time.

BTW, did you mean Morata/Bats/Abraham by chance? ;) Either way striker will likely remain a big problem.

Abraham is the player I'm mostly unsure of. As in, I don't know whether he's going to make it at this level.

3 hours ago, Robchels said:

Agreed.

I honestly think RLC is really close to become a pretty important player for us - just needs some continuity esp remaining injury-free for some time.

BTW, did you mean Morata/Bats/Abraham by chance? ;) Either way striker will likely remain a big problem.

Abraham is the player I'm mostly unsure of. As in, I don't know whether he's going to make it at this level.

I think if RLC had remained injury free over the winter he may well have established himself as first choice already in that midfield. If he stays fit I think he may have by seasons end and next season could be a real big one for him.

I think even with the ban that Morata won't come back. Atletico have an option to buy him and if he continues to play well for him I don't see any reason why they won't go ahead and buy him permanently.

I agree with Tammy but I think he has done enough to earn an opportunity. I'm not for one minute saying he is or could be as good as them, but I believe his goalscoring record in academy football was much better than Rashford and his loan spells at Bristol City and Aston Villa have been superb compared with someone like Harry Kane who hardly pulled up trees until Spurs gave him a chance.

A season with a genuine chance at the club would soon see if he has what it takes. He may not be good enough to become first choice but may prove to be a very good second choice striker for the club. At the moment we need two new long term striking options, not just one.

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think if RLC had remained injury free over the winter he may well have established himself as first choice already in that midfield. If he stays fit I think he may have by seasons end and next season could be a real big one for him.

I think even with the ban that Morata won't come back. Atletico have an option to buy him and if he continues to play well for him I don't see any reason why they won't go ahead and buy him permanently.

I agree with Tammy but I think he has done enough to earn an opportunity. I'm not for one minute saying he is or could be as good as them, but I believe his goalscoring record in academy football was much better than Rashford and his loan spells at Bristol City and Aston Villa have been superb compared with someone like Harry Kane who hardly pulled up trees until Spurs gave him a chance.

A season with a genuine chance at the club would soon see if he has what it takes. He may not be good enough to become first choice but may prove to be a very good second choice striker for the club. At the moment we need two new long term striking options, not just one.

Agreed on RLC... can play in multiple positions, which can help the manager tweak the team during a match: make it more attacking with him as a CM for ex. He has the most important: technique.

Yeah under no illusion that Morata may still cut it in the PL - it is really interesting how league characteristics play such a big part in whether a player will succeed or not. His game just works better in Spain... is it less contact, a bit slower w/ more time on the ball, the language? prob all of the above.

When I last saw Tammy, he looked very far from the finished product. He looked like a kid playing amongst adults, and in a position where contact will take place often. Did not have the body mass for the PL (contact and acceleration/power). Perhaps because of that, his technique was too subpar. Remains to be seen whether he's developed physically enough to be given a shot. Reckon if he shows up the same he will not (be given a shot).

Bats does not belong in tier 1 I'm afraid - not even as a sub. His technique is just not good enough and will actually hurt the team, IMO. He's a decent poacher, but his link up play is nonexistent... as in sometimes when he runs he's not really in control of the football.

Nothing like a ban to calm down Roman and the board. 

5 hours ago, Robchels said:

When I last saw Tammy, he looked very far from the finished product.

I understand exactly what you mean and I think thats 1 subject that the academy should look at. We dont produce very strong lads in general.

But is the top of the Championship that much different to the PL? I;m sure they could give a lot of the PL a hard fight when it came down to it.

Yes he needs buiding up - do does AC, Jorgi,CHO.  I'm in no way saying to start him but as a backup AND HG I can only see a win win. The guys in the Championship are the same size as the PL. Its not a different country. If he can get kicked around there he can take a few bumps here IMHO of course.

I would maybe trust him more than I do Barks or RLC. Neither have proven themselves more than a couple of times.

OK I know I've never thought RLC upto it but have always HOPED he would come good. And no I dont take the injury excuse. He wasn't hot before it.

BUT I do think he is our current best chance of goals in that position.

I am  praying to anyone or thing that cares to listen that we get a shit hot ACM before a ban. We need one badly.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I understand exactly what you mean and I think thats 1 subject that the academy should look at. We dont produce very strong lads in general.

But is the top of the Championship that much different to the PL? I;m sure they could give a lot of the PL a hard fight when it came down to it.

Yes he needs buiding up - do does AC, Jorgi,CHO.  I'm in no way saying to start him but as a backup AND HG I can only see a win win. The guys in the Championship are the same size as the PL. Its not a different country. If he can get kicked around there he can take a few bumps here IMHO of course.

I would maybe trust him more than I do Barks or RLC. Neither have proven themselves more than a couple of times.

OK I know I've never thought RLC upto it but have always HOPED he would come good. And no I dont take the injury excuse. He wasn't hot before it.

BUT I do think he is our current best chance of goals in that position.

I am  praying to anyone or thing that cares to listen that we get a shit hot ACM before a ban. We need one badly.

Yeah man, I think there is a big difference between the pl and the top of the championship. So much so that the teams who move to the PL are usually the top candidates to drop right back.

and bear in mind that while we are not so hot these days, the bottom half of the pl is really no competition for us. As it should be, given the level of investment. So, honestly I don’t think Tammy’s form in the championship guarantees anything... hopefully the kid has been hitting the gym and learning plenty. ;) 

right now we’ve seen RLC have big moments and even big games. That’s the natural process... next should come some consistency. I thought Ross would be contributing to some goals, but yeah seems it’s either RLC or we will be in trouble... midfield gotta score goals.

15 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

You've got more faith in him than me bruv.

But I would love him to make me eat my words.

Oh there are no guarantees at this level. The next steps are the hardest ones.

same with CHO. We may cry a river now and he ends up doing nothing in his career. It is quite common, but we don’t hear much about the ones who did not make it. We are biased because we hear a lot about the ones who do.

7 minutes ago, Robchels said:

We are biased because we hear a lot about the ones who do.

Not only this but we have a big tendency to overhype and over pay our yoof FAR too much too young (over to you @Fulham Broadway

It adds far too much pressure that is already on them.

I understand the reasons behind it happening. The few from the academy who DO make the 1st team, us wanting/needing new poster kids and to show that our academy works, to keep them at the club etc.

Gone are the days we can get these kids that drive to practice in quarter of a million quids worth of sports car to clean players boots with toothbrushes. They would turn round say fuck you and go straight to their solicitor, agent and sell their story to the Sunday papers.

IMO we need a world class ACM almost as much as we do a striker

FIFA says it received Chelsea’s appeal against a one-year transfer ban, though no decision has been taken on freezing the sanction during the legal process

https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/fifa-receives-chelsea-appeal-against-1-year-transfer-ban-030519