Chelsea banned for TWO transfer windows

I don't believe for one moment that this will stick. Remember, that fifa are both judge and jury in these cases. As I said in a post a month or so ago, we can't judge this until the process comes to an end and that the end would not be when fifa issued its initial verdict. Chances are that we have two more stages to go before this is settled.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

I don't believe for one moment that this will stick. Remember, that fifa are both judge and jury in these cases. As I said in a post a month or so ago, we can't judge this until the process comes to an end and that the end would not be when fifa issued its initial verdict. Chances are that we have two more stages to go before this is settled.

I think what is most interesting is that the FA have been reprimanded and are seemingly embroiled in this fiasco. 

Is it possible that Chelsea believe they have followed regulations as far as they're aware with the FA, but its the FA that have cocked it up? The FA statement earlier seemed to suggest that their fine and Chelsea's punishment are linked somewhat.

It would be interesting to see if any more information and developments arise from this because if the FA are to shoulder a proportion of the blame, i'd be amazed if we're the only English club who get FIFA knocking at their door.

44 minutes ago, Rmpr said:

This is sad. I trully dont understand the amount of investment big clubs put into youth to not use it.

Either spend the money and use them or just flat out cut the cost and buy 1 big player per year wuth that money.

There is a fundamental problem with the system. Major employers recruit graduates, they don't necessarily train them. I've written previously that I don't believe the current academy system will survive beyond the next twenty years, if it lasts that long. 

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think what is most interesting is that the FA have been reprimanded and are seemingly embroiled in this fiasco.

The fiasco assessment is possibly premature. It may turn out that the fiasco is at fifa's end. The FA have said that they will appeal, and that they believe there is something wrong with fifa's process. That's a statement of the obvious.

4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Is it possible that Chelsea believe they have followed regulations as far as they're aware with the FA, but its the FA that have cocked it up?

No. Either club and governing body are both in breach of regulations, or both are not. My money is on not. 

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Any idea what kinda playing style should we expect from  Holland? i am not very familiar with him. 

I honestly don't know.

If i had to guess he will have a similar ethos to the coaches at reserve/level and play progressively (given he was one of them himself at one point). Also if it helps IIRC AVB said he promoted him initially because he shared a similar attacking mindset.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Any idea what kinda playing style should we expect from  Holland? i am not very familiar with him. 

I hope not. I like Steve a lot and can see why he'd be regarded as a safe pair of hands even though he has said previously that he thinks assistant manager is the role for him. So it's nothing against Steve when I say that I don't want to see him appointed. I'm not ready to give up on Maurizio. I want the club to try to ride out the rough patch with him remaining in charge. Let's break the short termism cycle.

Even if the club can still trade in the summer, but with the ban still pending and potentially looming we're going to be seen as "easy pickings" for some clubs to bump their demands up if we're interested in their players.

We'll probably have to attempt to be a bit savvy where we can in the market - target release clauses, consider any buy back clauses we have on players, use some of the deadwood or loan brigade as bargaining chips to sweeten deals, etc.

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

Fairly certain we can resign players.

If rumours are to believed we will have Steve Holland in charge this time next week.

Heard that earlier this week. Actually heard him and JT. Would be massively in favour of that. This lot need a good shoeing in the arris

once again we are targeted by these corrupt charlatans.  Obviously our  investment in youth   which provides much needed income to many impoverished families does not concern these bent lawgivers . Money in fines is their aim .

We will survive and grow stronger.  We can be proud that our club is ethically secure   , a benchmark of purity and success. Unfortunately their hate for us overides any reason,  as we have rocked the status Quo . We dared to take on Real Madrid , Barcelona beacons of greed . Know City who buy their glory are a stain on the English game.  They should be hounded out , not us but there dirty oil wealth buys UEFA.

They will try to knock us but Roman has the spirit of Kursk . 

4 hours ago, lucio said:

true but if we aren't signing anyone we won't need the money and couldn't replace him

If Hazard is sold the club MUST give Hudson-Odoi his role. Use the Hazard money in other areas (new CB, LB, CAM, ST) instead.

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

There is a fundamental problem with the system. Major employers recruit graduates, they don't necessarily train them. I've written previously that I don't believe the current academy system will survive beyond the next twenty years, if it lasts that long. 

It will tho, because it "looks good" to have an academy and UEFA/FIFA enforces them. I agree the system is broken, but it wont change unfortunately.

Quick Guide

Chelsea's transfer ban

Hide

What happens next? Chelsea protest their innocence and have vowed to take the matter to Fifa’s appeals committee. It is not clear whether they will submit new evidence or simply ask the committee to re-examine information already provided. In the event of Fifa’s appeal committee upholding the ban, Chelsea could file a further appeal with the court of arbitration for sport.

Will Chelsea definitely be banned from the summer transfer window? No. Any ban would take effect only upon completion of the appeals process, which can take a long time. Therefore, Chelsea may be free to sign new players this summer. But their bargaining position would be weakened. 

What were the outcomes of similar appeals? In 2014, Barcelona signed Luis Suárez, Ivan Rakitic and Marc-André ter Stegen while awaiting the outcome of an appeal against a similar ban, which was eventually upheld by Cas, leaving the Catalan club unable to buy players during 2015. The following year Real Madrid got a ban reduced by Cas to one transfer window. In 2017, Atlético Madrid’s two-window ban was confirmed by Cas. Chelsea have previously appealed successfully against a Fifa ban when, in 2009, Cas ruled that they were not guilty of wrongdoing when bringing Gaël Kakuta from Rennes.

What does this mean for Chelsea’s current squad? If players such as Eden Hazard and Callum Hudson-Odi wish to leave this summer, they may find the exit blocked if the club is not allowed to sign new players. That, however, would allow them to leave for free the following summer when their contracts, like those of Willian and Pedro, expire. Players currently on loan at other clubs, such as Dujon Sterling, Mason Mount and Tammy Abraham, could find more opportunities at Stamford Bridge.

Are any other Premier League likely to face similar punishment? Fifa is investigating four Premier League clubs. Only Manchester City have been publicly identified.