Chelsea banned for TWO transfer windows

We do have positions requiring upgrade so, if we can find the players to achieve that, let's get it done. This is not an emergency situation however. Let's treat this as a page turned and a chapter closed. We have 'squad' players by the bucket load. If we go to the market it must be for quality only. If we can't get recruits with top level technical quality, plus the required positional abilities and physical attributes, then we stick with what we have. Shop for excellence, or don't shop at all. 

Chilwell is impossible in January and probably a pipe dream even in the summer. United and City will probably battle it out for him and he'll go for another world record fee for a defender which I doubt we'll touch.

Really, it seems like every big name we're linked with currently seems impossible in January with the exception of Zaha. All the others are either big factors at CL clubs or in Chilwell's case is a key player at a club having the season of their lives.

Can see a max of 2 players coming in and I'd put money on them being from the PL.

Nicolo Schira | #Chelsea are interested in signing Ousmane Dembelè. Last week the striker agent held talks with Marina Granovskaia. #CFC

Chelsea will be free to buy players on January. And are working on it...

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

If I'm not wrong, Inter got De Vrij for free as well after his contract ran out with Lazio. Surely Inter can't say no to 60 million offer for a player they got for free in summer 2018?

If your friend is right, and De Virj is their best defender, then why wouldn't they say no to an offer? Is it the case that they just have to bring in money no matter what?

37 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Chilwell is impossible in January and probably a pipe dream even in the summer. United and City will probably battle it out for him and he'll go for another world record fee for a defender which I doubt we'll touch.

Really, it seems like every big name we're linked with currently seems impossible in January with the exception of Zaha. All the others are either big factors at CL clubs or in Chilwell's case is a key player at a club having the season of their lives.

Can see a max of 2 players coming in and I'd put money on them being from the PL.

I agree about Chillwell, lot's of issues getting that done. If he should eventually go to City however, I'd look at taking Angelino as an alternative.

Meanwhile, is Barcelona Dembele in the same, 'big factor at his club'. category and would people here look seriously at him? I was desperate to try to get him during the season he was keeping Jeremie Boga out of the Rennes team. if his agent is to be believed, he turned us down back then. If true, then my guess is that concerns about being condemned to the loan army played a part in that decision, but that fear has probably gone away now. Do people still see him an elite player, and should we push for him?

9 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Meanwhile, is Barcelona Dembele in the same, 'big factor at his club'. category and would people here look seriously at him? I was desperate to try to get him during the season he was keeping Jeremie Boga out of the Rennes team. if his agent is to be believed, he turned us down back then. If true, then my guess is that concerns about being condemned to the loan army played a part in that decision. That fear has probably gone away now. Do people still see him a an elite player, and should we push for him?

At this point, probably not. He has become injury prone at Barcelona and also seems to have some off the field issues. 

13 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I agree about Chillwell, lot's of issues getting that done. If he should eventually go to City however, I'd look at taking Angelino as an alternative.

Meanwhile, is Barcelona Dembele in the same, 'big factor at his club'. category and would people here look seriously at him? I was desperate to try to get him during the season he was keeping Jeremie Boga out of the Rennes team. if his agent is to be believed, he turned us down back then. If true, then my guess is that concerns about being condemned to the loan army played a part in that decision. That fear has probably gone away now. Do people still see him a an elite player, and should we push for him?

Isn´t he out for 2 months?

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

Can we do a buy in January and leave them in loan with their team till the summer? 

Like we did with pulisic? I would think teams like Leicester would accept for chillwell and Dortmund for Sancho. 

If this kind of deal is possible, don't you think a lot more clubs would have done it?

The situation with Pulisic was different one. He had only 1 1/2 years left on his Dortmund contract when we announced the signing and we arguably paid a little more $$$ to get the deal done in January because of the transfer ban.

Chilwell and Sancho have more years left on their contracts - 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 respectively come January - and with bidding wars expected next summer, especially for Sancho, there's no chance Leicester/Dortmund will agree to that kind of deal unless we pay over the odds for them. 

4 hours ago, killer1257 said:

One of my best friends is  a Inter fan, who watches Inter matches since he was a child and he said at the beginning of the season that Skriniar is the best 1 vs 1 defender he has seen in a while at Inter (based on last season). But now he says that de Vrij is superior than Skrinar and he bosses their defence. I rate his opinion because we most of the times come to the same conclusions when it comes to football. De Vrij is also a ballplaying defender and he has a lot of assists this season. When I look into stats, De Vrij also seems to be superior when it comes to defensing based on this season. So I would prefer de Vrij. We really lack in creativity, so a ball playing defender would be a blessing if you ask me.

I am not saying de Vrij woukd be a disaster at all, I do rate him, but he is on Inter and it will take double what he is worth to prise him away now, plus, we only get one full season (2020/2021) out of him until he turns 30, which happens in the middle of the season after this coming one. It is not a long term smart buy, IMHO.

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Meanwhile, is Barcelona Dembele in the same, 'big factor at his club'. category and would people here look seriously at him? I was desperate to try to get him during the season he was keeping Jeremie Boga out of the Rennes team. if his agent is to be believed, he turned us down back then. If true, then my guess is that concerns about being condemned to the loan army played a part in that decision, but that fear has probably gone away now. Do people still see him an elite player, and should we push for him?

If we end up with Angeliño and not Chilwell or Telles or even Grimaldo (although his new contract still has a 60m euro release clause in it and Barca get a 15% add-on fee out of that), I am going to look for a wall to bang my head on :(

Chelsea Football Club statement on appeal verdict

Chelsea FC

ON APPEAL VERDICT

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/12/06/chelsea-football-club-statement-on-appeal-verdict?cardIndex=0-07

Chelsea Football Club has today issued the following statement:

Chelsea Football Club has today been notified by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) that its appeal has been successful. The transfer ban imposed on Chelsea has been reduced to one window, which has already been served, and Chelsea is therefore free to sign players in the January 2020 transfer window.

Chelsea is grateful to the CAS for the diligent approach that it gave this matter. The club has not yet received the written reasons for CAS’s decision but wishes to make the following clear:

1. The approach taken by FIFA to this case has been deeply unsatisfactory, not least as FIFA chose to treat Chelsea entirely differently to Manchester City for reasons that make absolutely no sense to Chelsea.

2. FIFA accused Chelsea of having breached Article 19 of the FIFA regulations in relation to 27 players, covering the period from 2009 onwards. Of those, 16 players were registered by Chelsea in exactly the same way as other Premier League clubs registered players at the time. Furthermore, Chelsea sought clarification from the Premier League in 2009 about whether it needed to apply for permission to register players in this category. The FA subsequently liaised with FIFA and it was confirmed to Chelsea that players in this category were entitled to register and that no special application was required (and in fact no special application process existed). Accordingly, the fact that FIFA brought charges against Chelsea for this category of player was perverse. We are grateful that this appears to have been corrected by the CAS.

3. In relation to the remaining 11 players, Chelsea’s position was as follows:

a. Six players qualified for one of the exceptions set out in the FIFA regulations. As a consequence, to the extent there was any breach in relation to these players, the breaches were of a procedural nature only.

b. With respect to the remaining five players, FIFA’s position was that it “deemed” these players to have registered prior to any application for registration being made. Chelsea maintains, as was held by CAS in the Real Madrid case, that the FIFA regulations do not cover a concept of “deemed registrations” and accordingly it is not open to FIFA to “deem” that registrations were made before they were in fact made.

4. Chelsea respects the importance of the work undertaken by FIFA in relation to the protection of minors and has fully cooperated with FIFA throughout its investigation. However, if FIFA continues to impose inconsistent and unequal sanctions on clubs then it will not only undermine the very purpose of the regulations, but it will also bring into doubt the game’s confidence in FIFA being able to appropriately regulate this important area.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

Seems like RM really don't want Jovic around, so a loan deal to replace Giroud with option to buy wouldn't be the worst thing.

I had forgotten about him

would love a loan with option to buy if we miss out (as is likely) on Werner