Chelsea banned for TWO transfer windows

6 hours ago, the wes said:

I don't believe this. Even if there is a possibility  of extending the ban for three windows after we get this summer frozen who cares? It's not like January transfer window matters that much. To have this summer is essential imo and should be a priority. 

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I don't believe this. Even if there is a possibility  of extending the ban for three windows after we get this summer frozen who cares? It's not like January transfer window matters that much. To have this summer is essential imo and should be a priority. 

Its nonsense.  "get the ban extended if they are seen to be simply trying to delay it"  Which CAS actually allow you to do as part of their own rules. CAS even freeze it themselves sometimes!!     He is so wrong on this one Matt Law IMO

1 hour ago, We Hate Scouse said:

What happens if the ban is overturned after the transfer window? Are we entitled to compensation for wrongly missing a window?

Of course not.

FIFA or UEFA aren’t some Trotters independent traders company. They’ve punished us based on hard evidence. But, there are rumors about FIFA and how, well, they don’t look thoroughly enough into the case as CAS for example. 

39 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

So we didn't ask to freeze the ban, and the process of reviewing the ban will take months,  so... no new players this summer.

No need for that (to freeze) the ban because when CAS receives the appeal they have to make decision “quickly”. 

If they accept some random case or this particular appeal they automatically freeze the ban. After that we start from the beginning and they (CAS) will review the case.

Anyway, that’s how things have worked with CAS so far.

26 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

Of course not.

FIFA or UEFA aren’t some Trotters independent traders company. They’ve punished us based on hard evidence. But, there are rumors about FIFA and how, well, they don’t look thoroughly enough into the case as CAS for example. 

No need for that (to freeze) the ban because when CAS receives the appeal they have to make decision “quickly”. 

If they accept some random case or this particular appeal they automatically freeze the ban. After that we start from the beginning and they (CAS) will review the case.

Anyway, that’s how things have worked with CAS so far.

https://talksport.com/football/555102/chelsea-transfer-ban-can-blues-sign-players-this-summer-after-lodging-appeal-to-court-of-arbitration-for-sport/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=talksportfacebook&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1559925088

What if we are trying to sign players like Coutinho, Pepe etc right now and depending on outcome we will ask for ban to be frozen. Because if can't sign players we want there is no point for ban to be frozen. And if I understand correctly if we do ask CAS to froze ban that would happen within days. So I hope something is happening bahind closed doors. 

18 hours ago, Pizy said:

To just take it now to "get it over with" is dumb in my eyes because we'd just be giving up on the season. We would be woefully short of the quality needed to even sniff the top 4. Are the club fine with that? Their decision on whether to request the freeze will tell us.

We need to request freeze, load up on quality this summer, and then we'll be ready to serve the ban in my opinion. Sign 4-5 players and use a few who were on loan and we'd then have a squad robust enough to sustain ourselves during the ban.

Unless the club's lawyers have been informed that any attempt to freeze the ban this summer and load up on players could result in a longer ban. FIFA has made it clear that they are viewing this case different to Atleti, Real, Barca cases. 

I think fans have to begin accepting that there will be no transfers for a year. Bring in a manager who will utilise the prospects in our squad - Reece, RLC, CHO, Tammy, Mount - that's actually a good number of decent young players if only we weren't screwed with injuries. 

I think there is enough in the squad to get another top 4 finish. Will need a manager who will use fresh players and does not stick to Azpi, Pedro, Willian, Barkley, Alonso for another year. 

According to Chelsea shareholder Hasan Ngoor “Chelsea have filed an appeal to CAS this summer. The club will be able to register this summer, God willing, where they will be given the opportunity to plead and temporarily lift the penalty“ and “Peter Cech will be the new sporting director of Chelsea”

I dont mind the ban. Can be the perfect time to totally change the dynamic of the club. Buying shit/average players while selling the talented rough diamonds has been our MO, its time to change that.

This is the season when we integrate jay da silva (alonso), pasalic (DD), mount (kovacic), CHO, RLC, andreas, james, tammy into the first team squad as well as give michy a real shot. We have the player to build a strong future or we can buy average players like pedro, willian, DD, baka and continue suffering.