Chelsea banned for TWO transfer windows

Well tbh, even if the ban freeze, I'm not sure we're going to sign somebody though. Maybe the board think our squad is good enough, after winning EL. Also we've tons of loanees. Their objective for next season might be just to secure the top 4 and close the gap. Spursy is shit and will be even shitter after Poch finally left. Arsenal could not get any shitter. With the right manager they might think top 3 will be secured easily. Don't think they are care anymore about the cups, as winning EL still not make you safe now.

6 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Well tbh, even if the ban freeze, I'm not sure we're going to sign somebody though. Maybe the board think our squad is good enough, after winning EL. Also we've tons of loanees. Their objective for next season might be just to secure the top 4 and close the gap. Spursy is shit and will be even shitter after Poch finally left. Arsenal could not get any shitter. With the right manager they might think top 3 will be secured easily. Don't think they are care anymore about the cups, as winning EL still not make you safe now.

Let's hope not as that way of thinking has got us into a bit of a mess. Especially if we lose a key player like Hazard. If have the money from the sell be daft not to spend it.. Though hopefully wisely rather on players who will just be on the bench l. 

23 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Let's hope not as that way of thinking has got us into a bit of a mess. Especially if we lose a key player like Hazard. If have the money from the sell be daft not to spend it.. Though hopefully wisely rather on players who will just be on the bench l. 

For sure, like that we will only find ourselves drfting further and further away. We need a quality manager, a tactician and motivator. We need the fucking board get quality players in, we need it now more than ever imo. We should have a good war chest, plus another 100M from Eden, and a few player sales. Oh yeah we should have enough. But the ambition must be there before any this happens......and the ban to fuck off of course.

In a way I can see why. Chances are we're getting a ban for 2 windows so maybe better to get it done and out the way? That way next summer in theory done and dusted. 

Still stupid we're in this situation again! We had warnings before and got away with it.. 

Exactly mate in reply to plzy

Just read Vesper's links, that's it we're fucked, what CFC has failed to tell us amongst other things is that they are not going to CAS that's past it's timeline anyway.

They instead are going to take the ban, and hope they can get it reduced, and made absolutely no provisions for the possibility of accepting the ban.

So my first observation was correct, we are in a fucking mess, and lurch from one disaster to another.

I wonder what the next fuck up is going to be, i'm sure the hierarchy have something up their sleeve:middlefinger:

This Club man......its like having a potent army run by crazy generals but somehow win battles more often than not, knowing they could win more if proper generals were put in place. Fab is right, Theres much we fans dont know but deserve to know. Unless RA wakes up we will get damaged big time soon enough.

7 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Exactly mate in reply to plzy

Just read Vesper's links, that's it we're fucked, what CFC has failed to tell us amongst other things is that they are not going to CAS that's past it's timeline anyway.

They instead are going to take the ban, and hope they can get it reduced, and made absolutely no provisions for the possibility of accepting the ban.

So my first observation was correct, we are in a fucking mess, and lurch from one disaster to another.

I wonder what the next fuck up is going to be, i'm sure the hierarchy have something up their sleeve:middlefinger:

The last I read about the CAS situation is that the reason we had not yet made an appeal is that we had not yet received fifa's written decision regarding our appeal to them. Has that claim been debunked, or moved on in some other way?

The idea that, "we are going to take the ban, and hope they can get it reduced", makes no sense to me. If FIFA have already confirmed in writing that they have rejected our explanations, and if we are not going to CAS, then where is this reduction coming from? If anything, the notion that we're hoping the ban will be reduced fits better with the claim that we have not yet had fifa's final, written, notification.

8 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Still stupid we're in this situation again! We had warnings before and got away with it.. 

This situation is exactly why I have never believed, right from the time the German leaks first emerged, that we'd be banned. I simply never believed, and still don't, that we could be so stupid as to repeat our dodgy methods. Perhaps this is pure wishful thinking on my part, but it fits with reports of the delayed written response from FIFA. Fits in the sense that the governing body knows what we did, is desperate to see us punished, but can't find a form of words which, legally speaking, overcome the cover stories we put in place to shelter our recruitment activities.

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

This situation is exactly why I have never believed, right from the time the German leaks first emerged, that we'd be banned. I simply never believed, and still don't, that we could be so stupid as to repeat our dodgy methods. Perhaps this is pure wishful thinking on my part, but it fits with reports of the delayed written response from FIFA. Fits in the sense that the governing body knows what we did, is desperate to see us punished, but can't find a form of words which, legally speaking, overcome the cover stories we put in place to shelter our recruitment activities.

The FA being punished within this is an interesting sidenote and suggests that any wrongdoings may be as a result of mis-advising from them. Given their standing as a governing body, if they've made a cock up it would surely give reasonable grounds as an argument but would also suggest if this ban is upheld we're likely not the only team in England who will fall foul.

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The last I read about the CAS situation is that the reason we had not yet made an appeal is that we had not yet received fifa's written decision regarding our appeal to them. Has that claim been debunked, or moved on in some other way?

The idea that, "we are going to take the ban, and hope they can get it reduced", makes no sense to me. If FIFA have already confirmed in writing that they have rejected our explanations, and if we are not going to CAS, then where is this reduction coming from? If anything, the notion that we're hoping the ban will be reduced fits better with the claim that we have not yet had fifa's final, written, notification.

We got the written notice on May 8th. Had 21 days to appeal to CAS. That has come and gone. Looks to me like the bans are not going to be frozen. I have no clue how we would even get the January 2020 window restored.

I also think, that due to the new shit coming out (once again via Football Leaks), that my pet theory (CAS can INCREASE punishments as well as reduce them on appeal) may have come into play and we got a case of the nervous nellies. Just a hunch. It isn't like I am infallible. I am only making educated guesses along with us all. The only thing on my side is that I was right about the bans and then really right about that Swedish twat Bodström putting the old bovver boots to us on appeal.

Beyond that I am as clueless as most atm. :(

We all were wondering that FIFA is going to take it's own sweet time to rejected because that is the only way it goes to CAS where we have a chance to push the ban. But FIFA has been prompt in rejecting the second time while we are still day dreaming which says that we arent being serious about pushing the ban. Our strategy is not aggressive which highlights the fact that there is total chaos within the administration. We arent sure if Sarri is staying or not, Hazard is still not done, new stadium or not, youth or established, just like ban or no ban :)

8 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I believed we would purely because we were warned before. I just don't get why someone would repeat such a thing and expect no back lash! 

20 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The FA being punished within this is an interesting sidenote and suggests that any wrongdoings may be as a result of mis-advising from them. Given their standing as a governing body, if they've made a cock up it would surely give reasonable grounds as an argument but would also suggest if this ban is upheld we're likely not the only team in England who will fall foul.

Since both club and association have been convicted, fifa's regulations obviously treat both as separately liable. It's still true though that if The FA had interpreted the regulations as FIFA think they should have, and rejected the registrations in the first place, things would not have come to this.

On 03/06/2019 at 9:32 AM, Vesper said:

We got the written notice on May 8th. Had 21 days to appeal to CAS. That has come and gone. Looks to me like the bans are not going to be frozen. I have no clue how we would even get the January 2020 window restored.

I also think, that due to the new shit coming out (once again via Football Leaks), that my pet theory (CAS can INCREASE punishments as well as reduce them on appeal) may have come into play and we got a case of the nervous nellies. Just a hunch. It isn't like I am infallible. I am only making educated guesses along with us all. The only thing on my side is that I was right about the bans and then really right about that Swedish twat Bodström putting the old bovver boots to us on appeal.

Thanks Vesper.

I'd have thought that if these facts were well known, media outlets would be making definitive statements about the situation. As it is, we are still reading hedged comments pending a final resolution. As recently as this morning, there is a new article on WAGNH talking about "if" the ban is upheld. I confess that I don't recognise the author as one of their regulars, but WAGNH are usually pretty rigourous when it comes to factual statements penned by their writers. (As opposed to fan posts.)

In an earlier comment you referenced a tweet from sports lawyer, and Chelsea fan, Jake Cohen. In that tweet he afirmed that the deadline for an appeal to CAS falls twenty-one days after the reasons for the decision, as opposed to simply the decision itself, are confirmed in writing by fifa. Jake is always diligent about the accuracy of his output so I give credence to his further tweet that this written confirmation usually follows "quite a bit" after the initial notification of fifa's decision. I grant that 'usually' does not mean 'always', but it's not unreasonable to assume that the usual process was followed. If so, that would mean the written reasons were not sent on the same day the decision was notified. (8th May.) CFC may therefore still have time to go to CAS, or might yet be waiting for the written grounds. Certainly this would explain why, as late as 29th May, the club was reportedly maintaining its stance that it would appeal.

The upshot of all of this? I'm confused.

21 hours ago, Vesper said:

P.S.

I've looked at the timelines of the similar cases involving the big three Spanish clubs. The gaps between fifa notifying their decision on each club's appeal and then sending the written reasons for that decision were; Barcelona 44 days, Real 153 days, Atletico 153 days. The two Madrid clubs then filed their appeals to CAS 10 days later, while Barca took 26 days. (Perhaps the regulation has changed since 2016, or perhaps it is 21 'working' days.)

It would be a significant change to  fifa's M.O. if they posted the grounds for rejecting our appeal on the same day as they published the decision itself.

12 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

P.S.

I've looked at the timelines of the similar cases involving the big three Spanish clubs. The gaps between fifa notifying their decision on each club's appeal and then sending the written reasons for that decision were; Barcelona 44 days, Real 153 days, Atletico 153 days. The two Madrid clubs then filed their appeals to CAS 10 days later, while Barca took 26 days. (Perhaps the regulation has changed since 2016, or perhaps it is 21 'working' days.)

It would be a significant change to  fifa's M.O. if they posted the grounds for rejecting our appeal on the same day as they published the decision itself.

This said we did get the written reasons

https://www.goal.com/en/news/chelsea-face-race-against-time-to-meet-deadline-for-cas-transfer-/unms075y80kh1t5q88tmi68o3

That decision was made on May 8, with FIFA providing written reasons for their decisions immediately, which in turn gave Chelsea a 21-day deadline to lodge their appeal to CAS.

That three-week deadline passes on May 29 - coincidentally the same date as when Maurizio Sarri's side face Arsenal in the Europa League final in Baku - but they have yet to present their case to those in Lausanne despite vowing to in the immediate aftermath of FIFA's ruling.

snip

Let's say that above is wrong, we did not get the written reasons, but even if we get a written letter of explanation from FIFA sometime this week and appeal to CAS by next Monday (the 10th), I highly doubt they will freeze the bans in time for this window, as the window closes in less than 2 months from Monday. The freeze is not automatic at all.