Chelsea banned for TWO transfer windows

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

45 minutes ago, the wes said:

So Simon is saying we've appealed and will hear the results shortly before the final, whereas the article is stating we haven't even approached CAS yet. 

Terrific. 

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I can only assume that they have been advised that it's unlikely they'll get the ban either deferred or cancelled altogether by their lawyers.

The additional worry is that the ban is increased further. I wouldn't put it past something like this happening, controversy follows this club.

We only had to notify CAS of our intention to appeal.  Which we have done, as the club itself confirmed we would on its website. IF we wanted a bit of advice on the likely outcome, we'd have done that before publicly announcing we were going to CAS.  Could simply be that the paperwork and case is still being combed over by our lawyers.  

The appeal wouldn't have gone in same day as the statement. 

It's simple. If we voluntarily start serving this ban right away as is being suggested as a possibility, we are going to have a disastrous season.

We'll be lucky to finish 6th, we'll probably go out in the group stages of the CL, and Sarri will be lucky to make it to Christmas. There is absolutely no way we can enter and go through another PL season with Higuain and Giroud as our strikers, Kovacic and Barkley as our only two fit #8's, and no reinforcements elsewhere. And on top of that we'll be selling our best player.

We thought the environment at games was toxic at times in the past few years, I think it'll be much worse if we roll over and essentially give up on the season before it even starts. We're already miles off where we want to be. If we can't sign players this summer we'll fall light years behind.

The club has to go huge this summer in order to weather the ban afterwards. Do all we can to build a squad strong enough to not need transfers for a while.

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It's simple. If we voluntarily start serving this ban right away as is being suggested as a possibility, we are going to have a disastrous season.

We'll be lucky to finish 6th, we'll probably go out in the group stages of the CL, and Sarri will be lucky to make it to Christmas. There is absolutely no way we can enter and go through another PL season with Higuain and Giroud as our strikers, Kovacic and Barkley as our only two fit #8's, and no reinforcements elsewhere. And on top of that we'll be selling our best player.

We thought the environment at games was toxic at times in the past few years, I think it'll be much worse if we roll over and essentially give up on the season before it even starts. We're already miles off where we want to be. If we can't sign players this summer we'll fall light years behind.

The club has to go huge this summer in order to weather the ban afterwards. Do all we can to build a squad strong enough to not need transfers for a while.

Pedro Abraham Willian..

Let that sink in.....

45 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Think its smart to just write off next season and start afresh the following season. 

As if it's that simple. The atmosphere at the bridge will be devestating and Sarri will be chewed out. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

As if it's that simple. The atmosphere at the bridge will be devestating and Sarri will be chewed out. 

Problem of delaying the ban is we suffer 2 seasons instead of just the 1. Take your punishment and move on

3 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Problem of delaying the ban is we suffer 2 seasons instead of just the 1. Take your punishment and move on

If we buy well enough and use a couple of loanees like Mount and Reece James we can easily weather a 2 window ban. Spuds didn't buy anyone last summer and are the the CL final.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If we buy well enough and use a couple of loanees like Mount and Reece James we can easily weather a 2 window ban. Spuds didn't buy anyone last summer and are the the CL final.

Exactly my point, we would have been fine if CHO and Ruben didnt get injured. Its those injuries that will affect us the most, however if Ruben and CHO can come back for te 2nd half of the season we should be able to handle the league and qualify for Top 4. We actually dominated most of our games this season and I really believe if Sarri has pre season players will adapt more to his system. Sarri made an average Napoli team better (after Higuain left) and I think he can do that too for us. 

18 hours ago, the wes said:

Is this confirmed? No appeal means no freeze means no signings

The club literally confirmed that they will appeal to CAS on their official website. People seriously like to jump the gun through the bullshit on media. I thought people would have grown accustomed to it. Apparently not though.

14 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Totally agree we could go a season without buying a single player and still qualify for the champions league. The Premier League take out the top two is piss poor and it's a four team race to get two positions. Ole and Emery are under pressure and could quite easily be gone by Christmas Spurs lost countless games last season. Two final points we've been atrocious in the transfer market for the last couple of seasons so maybe not buying anyone might be a blessing in disguise. And some people have not quite grasped the days of us spending shitloads of money on players is over learn to live with it.

On 17/05/2019 at 3:00 PM, Pizy said:

Unreal. Why was this not done the instant our appeal was denied?

This club is seriously run by amateurs. From signings, to scheduling, to respecting traveling fans, to dealing with the transfer ban. It's like they have no clue what they're doing.

No, this is actually a smart move (for a change)

Zero chance we get the bans themselves overturned, and with new shit coming out, CA can actually INCREASE the length if we drag them into it

plus

there is no way we can do any sort of business in a ten day or 2, 3 week window this summer (IF CAS takes their time on our appeal)

and that would fuck us until summer 2021

anyone who thinks CAS will wipe out the bans is delusional

better to take our medicine now and do MASSIVE business in summer 2020

next year is going to be grim as fuck, but as long as we finish in top 6 I will be happy

we need to play the fuck out of our youth

if Sarri refuses, SACK the cunt

next year is just a prep/transitional year, I expect nothing out of it

also, FUCKING SELL ALONSO to AM and ffs do NOT renew that POS Higuain for £29.5m in just loan fees and salary

neither one of those two should EVER put on a Chels strip again after this year

I can see why we will (foolishly IMHO) buy Kovacic perm if allowed (the injuries)

horrifically bad players, amongst the worst starters on our team in my lifetime

FUCK Sarri and his cuntish talent eval ability

he is a fucking IDIOT when it comes to judging talent, just clueless

Alonso is by far the player I have ever hated the most on our team, he is the epitome of a lazy, selfish, slow, self-entitled, non-driven cunt

he is the walking embodiment of every that is wrong with modern football (and is a murderer who should still be in prison)

On 17/05/2019 at 6:34 PM, Pizy said:

zero chance of that and we just need to take our medicine for breaking the bylaws of the game

Roman needs to sell the team to an owner who is willing to keep us in top level by having a decent board and a DoF, not a bunch of SIBNEFT mafia corrupt puppets

Marina will go down in history as the worst big Chels power broker ever in the modern era

28 minutes ago, Vesper said:

zero chance of that and we just need to take our medicine for breaking the bylaws of the game

Roman needs to sell the team to an owner who is willing to keep us in top level by having a decent board and a DoF, not a bunch of SIBNEFT mafia corrupt puppets

Marina will go down in history as the worst big Chels power broker ever in the modern era

But but she's a woman... that should be applauded right?

Fuck no! #meritocracy is the only way forward - gender is irrelevant- best person for the job.

3 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

But but she's a woman... that should be applauded right?

Fuck no! #meritocracy is the only way forward - gender is irrelevant- best person for the job.

who brought up gender?

I don't give a damn (speaking as a female as well, I might add) if she were a 7 foot tall green transsexual Martian

she is SHIT at helping run a massive football club