Chelsea banned for TWO transfer windows

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Agree with most, but Mount and perhaps Tomori do not look ready at all for first team, especially Mount. He is far too frail and will get bullied at EPL level.

He has regressed in play over the past several months judging off the games I have seen.

ONE goal since September, none this year.

His form has declined but I don't think he was ever going to keep it going all season. He has had some injuries too, and Derby's form as a whole has suffered. He'll be all the better for this season and it shouldn't be forgotten just how good a season he also had at Vitesse. 

He will need to get used to Premier League football, but he wouldn't be coming in as first choice and as a result he should be given the opportunity to adapt without being "thrown in".

There is a reasonable and genuine argument that we have the best youngsters in their respective positions in the Championship (certainly amongst the top 2 or 3) in Reece James, Tomori, Mount and Abraham.

If we don't give these players the platform to see if they can progress to the Premier League then somebody else will.

FULL STATEMENT: CHELSEA ASTONISHED 

“The club acted in accordance with the relevant regulations and has already notified FIFA of its intention to appeal against the Disciplinary Committee’s decision and sanction. As a matter of procedural fairness and equality of treatment, and Swiss law, the Club’s right to an appeal process must be afforded, before any irremediable sanction takes effect.

“So far as the Club is aware, in all previous cases where a registration ban has been imposed by FIFA, a decision has also been made to suspend the sanction until the appeal process has been completed. In this case, Chelsea considers that it is being treated inconsistently in comparison with other European clubs.

“We will consider our next steps once we have received the written reasons for this decision from FIFA. The Club notes the Appeal Committee’s statement that it has the right to appeal to CAS. In the meantime the Club will continue to fully cooperate with the proceedings.”

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

His form has declined but I don't think he was ever going to keep it going all season. He has had some injuries too, and Derby's form as a whole has suffered. He'll be all the better for this season and it shouldn't be forgotten just how good a season he also had at Vitesse. 

He will need to get used to Premier League football, but he wouldn't be coming in as first choice and as a result he should be given the opportunity to adapt without being "thrown in".

There is a reasonable and genuine argument that we have the best youngsters in their respective positions in the Championship (certainly amongst the top 2 or 3) in Reece James, Tomori, Mount and Abraham.

If we don't give these players the platform to see if they can progress to the Premier League then somebody else will.

I hope you do not think I am Mount-bashing, but his form hasn't just declined, it has disappeared.

One goal in almost 6 months for an AMF is unacceptable.

He has played 2,789 minutes as well so far, so it isn't like he is a part-timer. 

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I warned all as soon as I saw it was Thomas Bodström's call.

He is a massive cunt.

They can't do shit against the Swiss Law and CAS, we will get justice.

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I hope you do not think I am Mount-bashing, but his form hasn't just declined, it has disappeared.

One goal in almost 6 months for an AMF is unacceptable.

He has played 2,789 minutes as well so far, so it isn't like he is a part-timer. 

Completely agree it's not good enough but this is the argument for why Chelsea use the loan system. If somebody like Mount was relied upon to be in our first team and started struggling like that he would be shipped out or replaced at the first opportunity and likely not trusted again.

It is partly why I agree to an extent with Sarri not just throwing Hudson-Odoi into the fire and is instead taking time and patience (although his contract position makes this stance far more difficult to accept at present). 

The loan plan isn't the issue, the problem is that the loan system to the first team is not working. The only couple that seem to be breaking that are Christensen and RLC and even they're not first choice at present (Courtois did too but I think he was a special case going straight in as first choice at a club on a similar level to us, he was always guaranteed to come back as an important player).

This presents the opportunity to finally make it work. The club cannot continue relying on the transfer market to both bail us out and build the team (we're no longer top dogs like we once were and the market in general now is beyond crazy). Nor can we rely on simply building a new team entirely with youth and academy players. It needs the blend and mix of both and if we can get that right with cherry picking the best young players like Christensen, RLC and CHO to phase into our first team and buy key players around them we'll be successful. This seems a perfect opportunity to finally get some trust into delivering on the youth side of that equation.

5 minutes ago, Nicco said:

They can't do shit against the Swiss Law and CAS, we will get justice.

It will be too late by the time FIFA rules and then it goes to CAS.

The summer window opens in only 110 or so days and runs a RIDICULOUSLY short 5 weeks. Thanks FA, you cunts for that!

Reece james at right back, Tammy upfront and perhaps Kennedy and Zouma (once Cahill leaves) can be added along with Pulisic.

Out: Danny D, Cahill, Zappa

What happens to Kovacic btw? And Eden :o

I think it boils down to the Higuain clause.

If we are still able to extend his loan then I think we will be relitevely okay next season if the worst comes to the worst (likely not challenge for the title but good enough for top four considering there's every chance we will make it this season and next they will be a year ahead in Sarri's training) but if we can't keep Higgy things will get tricky, Giroud isn't good enough to lead the line as number one and Bats is out of his depth at our level, we will literally have no other alternative but to promote Tammy and pray.

27 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If we are still able to extend his loan then I think we will be relitevely okay next season if the worst comes to the worst (likely not challenge for the title but good enough for top four considering there's every chance we will make it this season and next they will be a year ahead in Sarri's training) but if we can't keep Higgy things will get tricky, Giroud isn't good enough to lead the line as number one and Bats is out of his depth at our level, we will literally have no other alternative but to promote Tammy and pray.

Completely agree. I do think that Tammy has shown this season that in such a circumstance he should be given an opportunity next season within the first team squad. His record in the Championship is excellent and its difficult to judge him on last season at Swansea because they were one of the most un-creative teams in recent year when Sigurdsson left them.

He has some flaws and would still be raw at that level but he does know where the back of the net is and could score a few goals for us given the chance. No guarantees, but as we've experienced with many strikers over the years there's no guarantee a new £40-50m+ striker would settle , adapt to the league and be more effective.

The other alternative would be Sarri using one of the attacking midfielders like he did when he converted Mertens. Hazard can work against the top teams, but I don't like him playing there against anybody else as it wastes his talents. There's also no guarantee he stays.

Is it possible with some time in pre season that Sarri could go that route? I actually think with a bit of time and patience that CHO could potentially adapt into that position if we were that unsure of our other options. That would however depend on either or both of Hazard staying and/or Pulisic hitting the ground running otherwise we'd be then looking thin in our midfield options suddenly.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Looks like we might have a good shot at keeping Higs:

http://m.tuttosport.com/news/calcio/calciomercato/2019/02/23-53732080/higuain_non_torna_alla_juve_il_chelsea_se_lo_tiene

Hopefully CAS reduces ban to only one window. That we WILL know by the time January 2020 winter window opens. 

We also still CAN buy players this summer, we will just have to loan them right back until summer 2020 (or January 2020 if CAS reduces the ban to one window.)

This is ALL on Roman and his shitty puppet board. They best step the fuck and do whatever it takes to sort this shit they got us into.

I think we should just keep CHO and Eden and eat the massive losses. Call it Abramovich's cost of doing business in an illegal manner. If he doesn't like it, SELL THE CLUB.

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Hopefully CAS reduces ban to only one window. That we WILL know by the time January 2020 winter window opens. 

We also still CAN buy players this summer, we will just have to loan them right back until summer 2020 (or January 2020 if CAS reduces the ban to one window.)

This is ALL on Roman and his shitty puppet board. They best step the fuck and do whatever it takes to sort this shit they got us into.

I think we should just keep CHO and Eden and eat the massive losses. Call it Abramovich's cost of doing business in an illegal manner. If he doesn't like it, SELL THE CLUB.

Its going to hurt whether we keep them or sell them.

And buying these players and loaning them back is another gamble. Just like Pully getting injured. We never know.

12 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Its going to hurt whether we keep them or sell them.

And buying these players and loaning them back is another gamble. Just like Pully getting injured. We never know.

Yes, it is a terrible gamble, just tossing it out as an option. I would not personally do it.

I am starting to think we have to keep Eden and CHO and just eat the loss if they dont renew.

I never thought I would say these words, but I SO SO hope Bayern gets Pepe. 

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Yes, it is a terrible gamble, just tossing it out as an option. I would not personally do it.

I am starting to think we have to keep Eden and CHO and just eat the loss if they dont renew.

I never thought I would say these words, but I SO SO hope Bayern gets Pepe. 

I guess the positive would be that we're not completely prevented from technically buying in the window. So if there is a player we really like, say for example Jovic we could feasibly still strike a deal for the following season.

For players such as Jovic and Barella who play for smaller clubs it might actually give us a potential edge by giving their clubs an extra season with the player.