• Batshuayi
    • Luiz (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entertaining game, and a good result. The defending was a bit dodgy at times (Alonso was genuinely poor), and Caballero showed hugely contrasting levels of ability when it came to shot-stopping (excellent) and aerial play (awful), but I'm satisfied.

Shoutout to Bakayoko, who I thought played decently today after a fairly postitive showing in mid-week; it's all exceedingly relative, of course, but progress is always welcome.

Those defending moments lol.. Kept things exciting I guess. 

Brighton were unlucky and shouldve had a pen but our performance was a long time coming.. Except the bad parts. Feels weird to win!!! 

Hopefully a step forward rather then a one off win and back to normal weds 

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

That first half was the best we've seen Batshuayi. Second half he went missing a bit.

Just really bizarre that the defense was so all over the shop today. Another day and with a little less luck they'd have scored a couple.

Anyways, I'm happy with the result. That combined with a couple of signings by the time we next play will really lift the mood around the club.

You're being fairly optimistic. Don't rule us out signing Crouch! :lol:

Finally a nice convincing and emphatic win. Hazard was a joy to watch from the beginning and so glad Conte let him play the whole 90. This game is proof that you keep your best player on the pitch at all times unless victory is all but sealed. The biggest smile I had on my face however was before the game started. So glad we went 3-4-3. Just much more fluid and takes the pressure off Hazard as you have the other winger in Willian causing havoc however him in the 3-5-2 requires way too much reliance on Hazard. I hope Conte persists with 3-4-3 more against lower placed opposition. Just gives the opposition more breathing space.

The whole team impressed bar Alonso who was a little below-par but would like to give credit to Bakoyoko. Another impressive showing today. Switched off a couple times however looked really impressive and quite a monster out there with his power and you saw that Yaya Toure ability when he is able to accelerate with the ball.

Gives us a good added goal difference too and we have a few nice fixtures in league coming up so good that we ended the little rut. Bring on Arsenal!

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

anyone got goal highlights I was out with the family.

First two here

3 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

3rd goal https://imgtc.com/w/UWPmXNU

4th https://imgtc.com/w/rfrrcQY

The goals look much better. It seems like like they played much better as a team today?

That is the impression I got from looking at the goals.

Willian's goal was really good to watch a series of back flips from Hazard ->Bats -> Willian.

KTBFFH. Go Chelsea.

Lets build upon this

Absolutely buzzing with that result today, from struggling to score to winning 4-0. That build up play for the Willian goal was simply sublime, if Arsenal score that the Match of The Day pundits are hard for weeks.

Buzzing, happy Saturday. 

That's why you don't take Hazard off after 70 minutes.
Come on, he was amazing today, a bit well rested exactly because he was subbed last week and played only part of the fac match
We must be wise with him. He would have played 10h last week and still produced nothing
I trust Conte on this. I remember Eden being baggared by other managers, especially after the end-of-the-year-madness

I don't wanna be too negative as we badly needed this win but it's really worrying how many chances we gave away against such an average side. 

The 2 penalty shouts, 2 good saves from Caballero, header against the post and several other moments where a better team would have punished us. 

42 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

I don't wanna be too negative as we badly needed this win but it's really worrying how many chances we gave away against such an average side. 

The 2 penalty shouts, 2 good saves from Caballero, header against the post and several other moments where a better team would have punished us. 

Im still surprised they didn't as they had their moments. They kept coming and where Caballero was running off to at times who knows. Still after our recent run it feels like a huge win.. Just need to be careful not to now get crap in defence