• Pedro
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Morata (sub)
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

Pedro dive decision was correct. Willian one was wrong and the ref should've just waved play on if anything. Morata was clearly fouled but his reputation as someone who regularly goes down super easily worked against him.

What happened to Var ?
Willian was kicked in the shin and Morata was apprehended after the fashion of illegal demonstrator by the police.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Unwatchable for the best part of 85 minutes.
Then became a thriller and we witnessed a new Orebro as well. What's his name ?
Morata - Bakayoko and Bats despite the goal were tearful prospects.

Just thought that meself was it not Ovrebo lol

And was this ref not the ugliest bastard you've ever seen, and biased to boot.

Absolute Ovrebo levels of refereeing last night, total and utter travesty. To not even address the VAR system on at least 2-3 occasions is not only unreal but actually negligence on the part of the referee. The Willian incident was so blatant, yet previous weeks that VAR was used in an another game they consulted VAR for a fucking corner, I mean what the fuck is that all about. That referee wanted that game last night to go one way, that was the way of Norwich, you could see the way he aggressively approached our players when a fouled was committed, he was straight in our faces and only consistent with us and against us.

The game itself was utter turd, the speed we moved the ball, or tried too, was quite simple shocking once again. Kenedy was probably only the small highlight in the game, he showed willing and a desire throughout. I'm not even debating the cards/sending off's because our discipline is quite shocking right now and the best thing to come out of that is Morata misses Saturday....Not only is he is missing Saturday but he's missing the target. Two guilt edge chances missed again last night, and a fucking header that's apparently his strength.

Apart from the Kenedy positive, the penalties were very good which I was surprised at, it's not exactly our forte. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Absolute Ovrebo levels of refereeing last night, total and utter travesty. To not even address the VAR system on at least 2-3 occasions is not only unreal but actually negligence on the part of the referee. The Willian incident was so blatant, yet previous weeks that VAR was used in an another game they consulted VAR for a fucking corner, I mean what the fuck is that all about. That referee wanted that game last night to go one way, that was the way of Norwich, you could see the way he aggressively approached our players when a fouled was committed, he was straight in our faces and only consistent with us and against us.

The game itself was utter turd, the speed we moved the ball, or tried too, was quite simple shocking once again. Kenedy was probably only the small highlight in the game, he showed willing and a desire throughout. I'm not even debating the cards/sending off's because our discipline is quite shocking right now and the best thing to come out of that is Morata misses Saturday....Not only is he is missing Saturday but he's missing the target. Two guilt edge chances missed again last night, and a fucking header that's apparently his strength.

Apart from the Kenedy positive, the penalties were very good which I was surprised at, it's not exactly our forte. 

Their goalie is useless in pens. Dived the other way half an hour before our player kicked the ball. Kante's penalty was the exception but fortunately Kante hit the roof of the net and it was uncatchable.
In contrast Caballero made good efforts and he did manage to save the first one (and decided the tie).

28 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Their goalie is useless in pens. Dived the other way half an hour before our player kicked the ball. Kante's penalty was the exception but fortunately Kante hit the roof of the net and it was uncatchable.
In contrast Caballero made good efforts and he did manage to save the first one (and decided the tie).

To be honest i missed the pens, couldn't stomach it.

After our display,abymal, the fucking crooked ref, 2 sendings off, knowing our luck with shootouts, didn't think we stood a chance.

Only found out the result this morning, sorry guy's and gals i bottled it.

20 minutes ago, AChes1ofus said:

To be honest i missed the pens, couldn't stomach it.

After our display,abymal, the fucking crooked ref, 2 sendings off, knowing our luck with shootouts, didn't think we stood a chance.

Only found out the result this morning, sorry guy's and gals i bottled it.

It's alright mate, my son, who's a Chelsea fan cheered Norwich's equalizer so he didn't have to go to bed because the wife said when the match finishes go to bed.:lol:

That ref showed how pig ignorant he was all game by not even consulting the VAR, he was on a one man power kick last night.

The other thing as well, players are told to play to the whistle yet last night Batshuayi was flagged offside when he wasn't, the ref blew yet this means play should be allowed to play out because if a goal is scored and play allowed to continue it can re-checked via VAR and given/not given. For me now VAR is in place the referees need to whistle less and allow play to continue.

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

That ref showed how pig ignorant he was all game by not even consulting the VAR, he was on a one man power kick last night.

The other thing as well, players are told to play to the whistle yet last night Batshuayi was flagged offside when he wasn't, the ref blew yet this means play should be allowed to play out because if a goal is scored and play allowed to continue it can re-checked via VAR and given/not given. For me now VAR is in place the referees need to whistle less and allow play to continue.

IIRC, the ref checked with VAR to give Norwich a corner after originally signalling a goal kick in the second half. :lol:

1 minute ago, Jason said:

IIRC, the ref checked with VAR to give Norwich a corner after originally signalling a goal kick in the second half. :lol:

They haven't got a clue what they are doing, fucking idiotic the whole thing. There are so many silly little creases in the whole system and it's meant to be used for contentious decisions yet already it's been used for things totally different and on big decisions, not.

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

I thought this confusion is not supposed to be checked with VAR. Damn, it is such a mess.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11199444/video-referees-questions-answered-ahead-of-first-trial-in-fa-cup-clash

When can video assistant referees (VAR) be used?

Only in four scenarios:

Awarding a goal
Deciding whether an offence is worthy of a direct red card
Awarding a penalty
Mistaken identity

It cannot be used for run-of-the-mill tackles anywhere outside the penalty area, for bookings or for free-kicks. Just huge, game-altering decisions.

1 hour ago, milan.cech said:

I thought this confusion is not supposed to be checked with VAR. Damn, it is such a mess.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11199444/video-referees-questions-answered-ahead-of-first-trial-in-fa-cup-clash

Only in four scenarios:

Awarding a goal
Awarding a penalty
Mistaken identity

It cannot be used for run-of-the-mill tackles anywhere outside the penalty area, for bookings or for free-kicks. Just huge, game-altering decisions.

The ugly cunt obviously didn't read option 3

5 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

So we need another VAR to monitor the first VARs fuck ups

It's not the var mate.

it's the fucking operators and refs, they aint got a clue.

And don't i remember when var was implemented  that players were going to be allowed contentions ala cricket, don't watch cricket so can't be sure.

1 hour ago, milan.cech said:

Only in four scenarios:

Awarding a goal
Awarding a penalty
Mistaken identity

So what made the ref used VAR to check that corner/goal kick incident? Given all the farcical decisions, surprised the ref didn't just have the shootout to be taken at the away end!

Also, what's the deal with the penalty shootout system? Thought ABBA in in play in the FA Cup as well, no? Not a big fan of it but seems silly that it is used in Community Shield and League Cup but not FA Cup.

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

So what made the ref used VAR to check that corner/goal kick incident? Given all the farcical decisions, surprised the ref didn't just have the shootout to be taken at the away end!

Also, what's the deal with the penalty shootout system? Thought ABBA in in play in the FA Cup as well, no? Not a big fan of it but seems silly that it is used in Community Shield and League Cup but not FA Cup.

I don't think the refs know how and when it's to be used. A game the other day where VAR was used was the same, the ref put his finger to his ear piece, had a corner halted until he got clearance that it was actually a corner and after nearly a minute waved the corner taker to carry on. Never mind the fact it was a corner and there was VAR deliberation, but one minute? Absolute load of rubbish.