• Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Morata (sub)
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)

1 hour ago, AChes1ofus said:

It's not the var mate.

it's the fucking operators and refs, they aint got a clue.

And don't i remember when var was implemented  that players were going to be allowed contentions ala cricket, don't watch cricket so can't be sure.

Yeah I was having a dig. Thing is it seems the VAR operators don't want to upset the refs by what they may perceive as undermining them at the moment, But with all these things it should iron itself out. It was the same with Hawkeye in tennis. Which come to think of it, giving teams say three disputed calls in a game which could be viewed might be better

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Refs and officials protect their own, they are like a pack of wolves. Someone I know is a ref at a high level and whenever I see him at Xmas we always get to a heated debate over their jobs and how they do it.

You cannot say anything against a ref without this lad getting very angry, it's like their never ever at fault.

Last weekend my 11 year old son had a game, we played away and had a lad reffing the game that was around 18-19 years old. From the first whistle the opposition parents where basically calling the shots and fouls, and he got so bogged down listening to them he actually started looking at them when an incident happened, to see the reaction, and he would act on their reaction. Half way through the second half the game had stopped for a foul, I called the ref over and told him to stop the game, he did and he came over and asked me what the problem was. I said to him, you are allowing the opposition parents to dictate this game and you need to man up, be stern with the whistle and give the decision you see fit and stick to it.

For me there is a big problem at lower league grass roots level with referees in this country, the lack of talking they do with young kids as to why a decision is given is bordering on pathetic. Far too shy, far too quiet and for me it's not even any better at the highest level.  

BS.
Var is simple.
In any case after William was tripped it was dead time.
If Norwich had taken the ball and were in our area ready to score, then maybe the VAR assistant had better keep his silence - you can't change a football match and make it into a court case.
But it was dead time - simplest type of situation.
He could of course say to the ref "no pen" if felt that way, but it's a simple action even my 11 year old niece can do.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

I don't think the refs know how and when it's to be used.

Then they must be real special people if they can't remember 4 easy points, or did nobody arrange teaching courses? How hard can it be? You write down those 4 points if you're so thick you can't remember them, you have a screen where you can watch replays from every camera. Then if a controversial situation happens that concerns one of those 4 points they press some buttons to see a replay and inform the ref of the decision. The most difficult part of it all must be knowing how to operate that screen, if they can't handle it, they should seriously consider retirement or smth.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Refs and officials protect their own, they are like a pack of wolves. Someone I know is a ref at a high level and whenever I see him at Xmas we always get to a heated debate over their jobs and how they do it.

You cannot say anything against a ref without this lad getting very angry, it's like their never ever at fault.

Last weekend my 11 year old son had a game, we played away and had a lad reffing the game that was around 18-19 years old. From the first whistle the opposition parents where basically calling the shots and fouls, and he got so bogged down listening to them he actually started looking at them when an incident happened, to see the reaction, and he would act on their reaction. Half way through the second half the game had stopped for a foul, I called the ref over and told him to stop the game, he did and he came over and asked me what the problem was. I said to him, you are allowing the opposition parents to dictate this game and you need to man up, be stern with the whistle and give the decision you see fit and stick to it.

For me there is a big problem at lower league grass roots level with referees in this country, the lack of talking they do with young kids as to why a decision is given is bordering on pathetic. Far too shy, far too quiet and for me it's not even any better at the highest level.  

There was a programme on refs at junior level. It showed them getting dogs abuse from parents at best and hospitalised after being maimed and beaten at worst. It seems a pretty thankless job for people who want authority. 

9 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

There was a programme on refs at junior level. It showed them getting dogs abuse from parents at best and hospitalised after being maimed and beaten at worst. It seems a pretty thankless job for people who want authority. 

Also didn't paint the picture of how ignorant the referees are with the parents and kids. 

16 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Also didn't paint the picture of how ignorant the referees are with the parents and kids. 

But if they pander to the parents of one precious darling I suppose they open the floodgates to all the parents. Not a job I fancy.

18 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The one positive for me tonight was actually Bakayoko.

He wasn't anything particularly special or ripped up trees but for the first time since his debut against Spurs, he looked solid and trustworthy.

He did the basics and did them well in the first 10-15 minutes and seemed to grow into the game. A couple of passes went wayward but as things went on he seemed to grow in confidence and I feel he outperformed Drinkwater in the midfield. The most obvious example of his confidence was that he seemed to be in and around the ball regularly making himself available for the pass and wanting it. i haven't seen that from him in recent weeks, he's seemed scared to get on the ball where his confidence has been so low.

As I said solid over spectacular but certainly a marked improvement over recent performances and hopefully one he can build upon, because we desperately need some of our players to kick back into form.

I only cought extra time and there was moment when Baka was fighting for the ball near corner flag. Eden runs in to help him from one side and instead of Baka closing the other side, he casualy moves toward Eden side and leaves meter of space by the out line which norwich player took advantage of in a second and passed the ball to a teammate.

Eden ran from middle of pitch to help, only for Baka to fuck up straight after.b

Terrible terrible awarness and thinking. Im begining to doubt he understands the most basics of football. this was school example how to close opponent player by corner flag and Baka left acress of space the moment Eden came by.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I only cought extra time and there was moment when Baka was fighting for the ball near corner flag. Eden runs in to help him from one side and instead of Baka closing the other side, he casualy moves toward Eden side and leaves meter of space by the out line which norwich player took advantage of in a second and passed the ball to a teammate.

Eden ran from middle of pitch to help, only for Baka to fuck up straight after.b

Terrible terrible awarness and thinking. Im begining to doubt he understands the most basics of football. this was school example how to close opponent player by corner flag and Baka left acress of space the moment Eden came by.

Tbf Baka was probably one of our best players last night along with Willian and Kenedy. Thats how bad it was. At least he tried to play forward more often than not unlike Drinkwater, actually put a few decent long passes out him. But yeah hes still got that infuriating side to his game.