• Christensen (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

To be fair to Cahilll, he has been very solid in his recent outings for us so I'm not that fussed. Our defense on a whole looks really solid.

True, but Vardy is the exact sort of forward Cahill shits himself against. Leicester will probably have Vardy standing right on Cahill at all times just waiting to run the second they win the ball. He'll also not give Cahill time on the ball when playing out from the back like we do. Vardy is always harassing CB's.

Couple that matchup with Mahrez running at Alosno the tortoise and this could be a really tough game.

So, city played on Tuesday for the club and will play on Sunday for a PL game. And Chelsea played on Wednesday for the cup and have a PL game on Saturday. What is the logic??
What pisses me off most is that I expected the game to be on Sunday, so I can watch it, now as it is on Saturday I will have to miss yet another game...:middlefinger:

We beat them in the reverse fixture, with Hazard a sub and coming on just after the 75th minute. We play them now with a fully fit squad and they have their first choice RB in Simpson injured and Huth and Morgan are both injured. There are no excuses for not winning. Hopefully Morata gets back on the scoresheet for this game. Scored a brilliant header in the reverse fixture.

We should play 343, we don't have a midfielder that could drive forward and be effective in final third in 352 system ... at least until Barkley is integrated in first team :) 

Courtois
Azpi - Christensen - Cahill/Rudiger
Moses - Kante - Drinkwater/Fabregas - Alonso
Pedro - Morata - Hazard

Has there ever been a more nailed-on 1-1 draw? Can't see us being able to deal with their pace on the counters without sacrificing attacking creativity... I expect a Bakayoko-Kante-Drinkwater midfield and for Hazard and Morata to both be at their usual invisible and ineffective best.