test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 0-0 Arsenal

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   9 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Rudiger
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Drinkwater
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

157 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

It makes me cringe slightly the way I took the piss out of the gooners fror ages for not buying in the transfer markets. But we haven't got to that stage yet. We do buy (and not just cheaply), just the wrong ones.

We are continually creating chances each game but just not talong advantage of them. So whats the answer to that? I would be much more worried if we were just making 2 shots (or none) like we were 2 seasons back.

I'm still of the mind if we just had 3 new players (4 to be greedy) we would be back fighting for everything.

i think that's the problem 

record of scores:     morata: 15 goals, liga 2016/2017   hazard: 16 goals, EP 2016/2017 (with conte)   pedro: 15 goals, liga 2013/2014   

willian: 8 goals EP 2016/2017 (with conte)    bats: 17 goals, Ligue 1 2015/2016

chelsea's strikers are not so good as we think. just hope that morata can improve himself 

the other team's strikers are: Aguero  26 EP 2014/2015     kane: 29 EP 2016/2017              lukaku: 25 EP 2016/2017                              

We were fucking horrendous, you could nigh on telegraph everything we tried to do. And there is only so many times you can get Azpilicueta to fire the ball into Morata before teams get switched onto it and it stops happening. Alonso drove me fucking crazy again last night, the same rinse and repeat shite time after time kept happening. Get level with 18 yard box and cut it back to a CM because you have no ability what so ever to take on or beat anyone.

As for Morata, another absolute dog shit showing from him. He does things on the halfway line he should be doing in the 18 yard area, evading tackles, sharp turns and winning balls, he then runs at full tilt towards the box and has no fucking ball control what so ever, it's bouncing off his shin pads and then end up 20 yards out of his control. I said yesterday it was a big game for him and the pressure was on him, it's even worse now, he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders. The problem now being is because this club is so fucking clever in their dealings we have no back up...oh wait we are chasing Andy fucking Carroll, great this should turn out well.

The team is stale right now, the football is predictable and we are even getting out Arsenal'd that's how bad it has gotten. Conte needs to wake up, the players need to wake up because if they don't we are in danger of getting a hiding in North London and the league position getting worse.

FabHazard likes this

10 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

i think that's the problem 

record of scores:     morata: 15 goals, liga 2016/2017   hazard: 16 goals, EP 2016/2017 (with conte)   pedro: 15 goals, liga 2013/2014   

willian: 8 goals EP 2016/2017 (with conte)    bats: 17 goals, Ligue 1 2015/2016

chelsea's strikers are not so good as we think. just hope that morata can improve himself 

the other team's strikers are: Aguero  26 EP 2014/2015     kane: 29 EP 2016/2017              lukaku: 25 EP 2016/2017                              

The thing is that Eden just is not now or will be a striker. At most he is an assister.

And the way hes playing now as striker hes not giving us much at all. When he was part of the 343 both wongers were given the freedom of going where they could do most damage and it worked well.

Nobody is mentioning anything about his performancs of late and he seemingly not avle to (or willing) to step up and do more. Admittedly the 2 of them aren't getting much support from the rest as when we press we do it in dribs and drabs instead of en masse so they are left on their own with defenders up their arses.

We lack quality and have too many defensive players in the lineup. This makes us very predictable and easy to stop. 

Replace Fabregas with a creative midfielder that actually has the legs to play in midfield.

Add a goalscorer to the lineup. Don't care if it's a striker,a 10, a winger or a CM. 

40 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

The thing is that Eden just is not now or will be a striker. At most he is an assister.

And the way hes playing now as striker hes not giving us much at all. When he was part of the 343 both wongers were given the freedom of going where they could do most damage and it worked well.

Nobody is mentioning anything about his performancs of late and he seemingly not avle to (or willing) to step up and do more. Admittedly the 2 of them aren't getting much support from the rest as when we press we do it in dribs and drabs instead of en masse so they are left on their own with defenders up their arses.

he is playing like a striker because also morata is not a pure striker 

but morata is improving that. this squad needs time to improve, or needs great players. 

not rudiger-drinkwater-alonso-zappacosta-bakayoko-moses-willian-pedro-bats, which are average players, nothing more 

DYC., 11Drogba and Unionjack like this

48 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Hazard is giving us the same he gave the season before. People just expect more goals because he plays as a "striker". 

It doesn't work like that though. The role he has now offers him some advantages but he has 1 less attacking player to combine with. 1 less player for the opposition to worry about.

If Hazard picks up the ball he only has Morata in front of him.

A  lot of times the only option he has is to pass it back or pass it sideways to 1 of our wingbacks.

All the attacking emphasis is on Morata and Hazard. It just takes way too long for support to get there and by the time it does the opponents have gotten back aswell.

Pedro and Willian scored 9 and 8 goals in the league last season. They shared that 3rd spot. That's 17 goals. We've switched them out for an extra midfielder. 

Bakayoko has 2 goals, Drinkwater, Kante, Fabregas all have 1.

We've been playing so negativity recently and its getting on my nerves. I understand the 3-5-2 against the tougher possession based teams a la Ateltico where it worked a treat.

In games where we are the dominant we have no attacking threat bar Eden + Morata (essentially 2 v 5) we dont have an attacking/driving midfielder nor attacking wing back that this formation needs IMO

I hope we revert to 3-4-3 for lesser teams and use 3-5-2 against teams we can counter

We also need an upgrade on either wing back (unless Zappa comes good) and a world class RW

Stats likes this

Are midfield is shocking, kante is the only player in that midfield thats worth keeping. Fab drinkwater baka and now barkley its just depressing. We need a player that can turn nothing into something, I really hope we go for ozil in the summer.

4 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

Are midfield is shocking, kante is the only player in that midfield thats worth keeping. Fab drinkwater baka and now barkley its just depressing. We need a player that can turn nothing into something, I really hope we go for ozil in the summer.

Barkley is exactly what we are missing. We have no CM/AM like him. Seriously hope and think he will  prove people wrong.

Unionjack, BluesMadLad and LAM09 like this

17 minutes ago, Stats said:

Barkley is exactly what we are missing. We have no CM/AM like him. Seriously hope and think he will  prove people wrong.

The awkward moment when Barkley turns out to be another dud. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Jason said:

The awkward moment when Barkley turns out to be another dud. :ph34r:

I mean his playing style in general. We need a player from midfield with the ability to run past players and threaten the keeper. He is the only player capable of doing that in the team which can be a real bonus and a game-changer.

Unionjack likes this

10 minutes ago, Stats said:

I mean his playing style in general. We need a player from midfield with the ability to run past players and threaten the keeper. He is the only player capable of doing that in the team which can be a real bonus and a game-changer.

Wasn't that what bakayoko was for lol 

Unionjack likes this

4 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Wasn't that what bakayoko was for lol 

He is a B2B player can capable of running past players however he has never been a goalscoring threat. Barkley on the other hand is.

Unionjack likes this

42 minutes ago, Stats said:

He is a B2B player can capable of running past players however he has never been a goalscoring threat. Barkley on the other hand is.

I hope your right my friend we desperately need something.

Unionjack likes this

You know - I totally understand that all the various nationals know each other and are mates but I really wish we would go out in the tunnel psyched up to fuck and down to business. They can rim each other if they want after the game but maybe thats 1 reason we start off so slow.

14 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

i'm waiting the development of bakayoko. but he has to improve his physical condition

and i really think that in 352 he will be a wonderful surprise