• Drinkwater
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

2 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

The motivation in the Cup games is non-existent. Instead of going past Norwich and gaining some little advantage over Arsenal before the second leg, we have two 0-0 games. Two very, very long 0-0 games. Nah.

The motivation was there alright. Motivation without quality is meaningless. We just stunk the joint out and our manager is increasingly cluless. Personnel was okay but the formation was obviously not working and should have been proactive at half time.

Instead he's reactive and subs out Hazard for Bakayoko after bringing on Willian for Drinkwater to "keep the result" lol. Fuck outta here

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it the tactics of the manager or the footballing brains of our players? What or who is to blame?

Surely somebody is saying to Roman, look!! Look at how shit these players are!! No pace, no power and certainly no imagination. 

It's gone past acceptable tbh. The board need to sort their act out and soon. I don't give a fuck if we spend 15m or 150m.. just buy some footballers who have abit of flair, can take a shot from outside the box and tske players on. Some players who give and go. A player with quick feet and intelligent ball playing ability. 

At the moment we are literally playing with footballers from the stone age.

It's 2015-16 all over again.
Mou was betrayed by three key players, Iva-Ramirez-Oscar who could no longer perform, also it was Hazard's bad season.
Strangely enough we came back last year without spectacular transfers.
Now we have the same problems.

If the League Cup away-goal rule works the same as the Champions League, would say this is a decent result. But since it's not, it's a shit one, on top of another very flat performance (to put it kindly).

On a different note, was it just me or was the Bridge extremely quiet tonight? It's a cup semi-final against a big rival and you can hear a pin drop in the stadium!

The attacking play has just become too predictable and stale. And when the starting attacking players are playing poorly we bring the same attacking players off the bench who are also subpar or poor. I never feel like we're going to get any spark at all when Batshuayi or Willian come on. It's basically just like conceding the rest of the match.

We need an injection of quality in the January window. Mahrez would be my pick.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

If the League Cup away-goal rule works the same as the Champions League, would say this is a decent result. But since it's not, it's a shit one, on top of another very flat performance (to put it kindly).

On a different note, was it just me or was the Bridge extremely quiet tonight? It's a cup semi-final against a big rival and you can hear a pin drop in the stadium!

Same ish.. Away goals do count if scores are level after extra time. So good in a way they didn't score.. Just can't see us scoring at their end.. 

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Same ish.. Away goals do count if scores are level after extra time. So good in a way they didn't score.. Just can't see us scoring at their end.. 

That's the problem. It only counts after ET. Otherwise, we don't have to win in the 90 minutes. Get a score draw and we're through.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's the problem. It only counts after ET. Otherwise, we don't have to win in the 90 minutes. Get a score draw and we're through.

Ooo ya with you. Don't see the point in 2 leg semi finals either. Don't have 2 leg FA cups.. Odd

So annoying that it's back to back draws with Arsenal recently

I thought Arsenal defended well today.  We outnumbered them in midfield and still had to try to bypass from defence to the frontline too often.  Cesc's passing was mediocre today.  In our 352, it's obvious that we need a real box to box threat in midfield or it's just Hazard and Morata vs 4 or 5.

29 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Watch Conte moan about imaginary "chances" post game lol. "We had many chance to win!!"

We did, we just kept screwing up the final ball. Arsenal handed the whole tie to us tonight and we gave it back.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We did, we just kept screwing up the final ball. Arsenal handed the whole tie to us tonight and we gave it back.

No we didn't. Those were half chances we had like maybe 1 or 2 decent chances all game. Maybe you should watch teams like City, Spurs and Liverpool play and see what real chances actually look like. 

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

No we didn't. Those were half chances we had like maybe 1 or 2 decent chances all game. Maybe you should watch teams like City, Spurs and Liverpool play and see what real chances actually look like. 

What i meant was numerous times we were 1 pass or 2 away from a promosing situation but everytime the wrong decision was made, even Hazard was acting like Willian tonight. City and Liverpool i'd grant you but Spurs? They have the exact same issue's we do.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

What i meant was numerous times we were 1 pass or 2 away from a promosing situation but everytime the wrong decision was made, even Hazard was acting like Willian tonight. City and Liverpool i'd grant you but Spurs? They have the exact same issue's we do.

So that's not chances then. No need to contradict yourself. We were shit and we barely look like a footballing side anymore. I'm just fed up with all the chances talk. We didn't create shit tonight. Nothing of substance. Just a lot of huffing and puffing and that's on the manager.

Another dreadful performances form the team. So many wrong passes and decisions in the final 3rd... It seems like we can't beat arsenal even if they play their u19 team. And few years ago we were beating them even before we kick a ball..