• Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal are on a nice run of penalties awarded against them. Let's keep the trend going!

On a more serious note - we must win this and by some margin to have some breathing space in the second leg.

Wouldn't miss this after last week. Going to be a toughie and I reckon Conte will go with Baks in 3-5-2 but I might like to try a 3-4-3 with

Eden-Morata-Willi

Alonso-Kante-Waterboy-Zapps

Cahill-Andreas-Dave

3-5-2

Same but add Cescy and leave Willi

Lacazette and Wilshere start, 3-4-2-1: Strongest Predicted Arsenal XI vs Chelsea

http://arsenalfever.com/lacazette-wilshere-start-3-4-2-1-strongest-predicted-arsenal-xi-vs-chelsea/

Formation: 3-4-2-1

Lineup:

Petr Cech was rested for the Cup defeat at the hands of Forest, but he is likely to retain his position between the sticks.

Likewise, Calum Chambers is certain to be recalled in central defence, and he may partner Rob Holding and Shkodran Mustafi, though the latter is likely to have a late fitness test on his injury.

At right wing-back, Hector Bellerin is likely to make his comeback after his match-saving effort versus the Blues last time around whilst Ainsley Maitland-Niles is probably the sole contender to start in the opposite direction with Sead Kolasinac injured.

In midfield, Jack Wilshere could be paired alongside Mohamed Elneny as Wenger didn’t seem to offer a positive injury update on Granit Xhaka, who was deemed to have suffered a knock prior to the FA Cup game last weekend.

Further forward, we could see first-team regulars Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez paired in the attacking midfield with Alexandre Lacazette likely to lead the line ahead of Danny Welbeck, who did little to impress versus Forest.

Predicted Arsenal lineup: Petr Cech, Calum Chambers, Shkodran Mustafi, Rob Holding, Hector Bellerin, Jack Wilshere, Granit Xhaka, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil, Alexandre Lacazette

a97ea3fad7944ea3861f8bfb453225b6.gif

e6032911cafe61e740ca33cea53277fb.gif

Do or die for Morata. All eyes on him. Especially because we have same opponent, and we are playing at our ground.
I hope we win, but I really hope he doesn't score a header.
He'll be starting against Leicester regardless of what he does on the pitch tonight, as we don't have any backup that Conte is content with.

He's right under the microscope now Morata. Really interesting to see what happens if he is through one on one tonight and see how it plays out.

God help him if he misses, the sheer pressure is just going to get worse and worse every week if he keeps constantly missing with his feet.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

He's right under the microscope now Morata. Really interesting to see what happens if he is through one on one tonight and see how it plays out.

God help him if he misses, the sheer pressure is just going to get worse and worse every week if he keeps constantly missing with his feet.

I am actually expecting him to convert one of his chances today so we can complain why he could not do it a week ago and win it for us.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

I don't think my heart can handle another 90 minutes of Morata 1v1's.

I'm even contemplating not watching the game.

This will be a true test of his character.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I'd love to see a surprise or two today. Barkley in midfield or Musonda maybe? It is an important game but not absolutely vital that we can't field one or two young talents in it

Didn't Musonda just play and score for our dev side yesterday? Doubt he'll be in the squad if so. Plus talk of him going on loan.

I bet we go full strength tonight. I too would like to see Barkley make an appearence but he probably isn't quite ready yet.