Ross Barkley

milllz

3 hours ago, drog.ba said:

I think he'll surprise people. Barkley's always looked way more talented than RLC has at Palace. 

And I don't see why it's one or the other, both can play in in central midfield, as attacking midfielders, or even more wide.

he looks 'talented' like an 18 year old with potential. exactly what we need 

Another player where nobody will be able to list 2 positive traits yet somehow still enjoy this move.

Now it'll be: 'He can shoot from long range!!!!!'. Those 20 goals in 150 games sure are something.

And, if he'll be scoring lots for us, he'll also be starting lots for us too - yet, who in the past year or 2 has said, 'for us to go forward...for us to improve...for us to ensure players like Hazard are given the platform they need....we need Ross Barkley.'? :lol:He's about to offer nothing. He's about to offer average all-round qualities you'd expect from a West Ham player. I cannot believe this:lol::lol::lol:

Nothing's a bargain if it's just clutter to add to your hoarding.

Holy fuck I'm still stunned as I type this. Imagine thinking anything we lack can be solved by a move like this:lol:Absolutely dread the next 5-8 years for us; the writing's been on the wall. Now it's been bashed in with a hammer as if to say 'nope, not changing - this is the new Chelsea.':wank2: 

1 minute ago, Leif said:

he will be very good player!!! he english! shoot from long range!! give him time!!!

<_<

I get what you are saying, but isn't he a good dribbler? At least decent passer? Don't know much about him except from PES. :D

7 minutes ago, Leif said:

Another player where nobody will be able to list 2 positive traits yet somehow still enjoy this move.

Now it'll be: 'He can shoot from long range!!!!!'. Those 20 goals in 150 games sure are something.

And, if he'll be scoring lots for us, he'll also be starting lots for us too - yet, who in the past year or 2 has said, 'for us to go forward...for us to improve...for us to ensure players like Hazard are given the platform they need....we need Ross Barkley.'? :lol:He's about to offer nothing. He's about to offer average all-round qualities you'd expect from a West Ham player. I cannot believe this:lol::lol::lol:

Now I'm worried, you are often correct with your assessments.

1 minute ago, El P. said:

I get what you are saying, but isn't he a good dribbler? At least decent passer? Don't know much about him except from PES. :D

I think, roughly, he's as good at dribbling as Moses is, as good at passing as Cahill is, and about as hard-working as Loftus-Cheek is.

From what I remember, he has the tackling ability of current Bakayoko, the same level of mental awareness (lack of quick-thinking).

Everton fans main gripe is that he's never been consistent in his life. Never played 3 good games in a row in his life. 

I think playing 5-10 solid (not exceptional) games with wondergoals, along with playing a hundred anonymous games, shows the level he is. At 24.

Elite.:dunce:

(We'd sign this level of player for £2.5m if we were shopping in Germany. But because we'd be shopping in Germany, there'd be none of this 'He's English' nonsense. So this level of player would instantly be sent out on loan, never to return.)

3 minutes ago, Leif said:

I think, roughly, he's as good at dribbling as Moses is, as good at passing as Cahill is, and about as hard-working as Loftus-Cheek is.

From what I remember, he has the tackling ability of current Bakayoko, the same level of mental awareness (lack of quick-thinking).

Everton fans main gripe is that he's never been consistent in his life. Never played 3 good games in a row in his life. 

I think playing 5-10 solid (not exceptional) games with wondergoals, along with playing a hundred anonymous games, shows the level he is. At 24.

Elite.:dunce:

(We'd sign this level of player for £2.5m if we were shopping in Germany. But because we'd be shopping in Germany, there'd be none of this 'He's English' nonsense. So this level of player would instantly be sent out on loan, never to return.)

Well,... sounds like another Pato signing then, except he is younger and English.

@Leif you made my day 

you said Salah is  nothing and now he is one of the best . 

Fucking logic of fucking Chelsea fan . 

Chelsea isn’t a good team because  their supporters  haven’t brain . 

Tell me one fucking cm. Better than Barkley who is available   World class and can he plays in UCL 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

When I've watched him at Everton he is inconsistent, not just game to game but throughout a game itself but when i watch him i can't help but feel he's trying way to hard. Whether that is something to do with playing for his boyhood club I'm not sure but everton fans seem to get on his back far quicker than other players.

There are definite risks with the deal but i do feel for the price it's worth a punt to see if a new environment and new coaching methods, out of his comfort zone, etc kicks him on. 

Plenty of examples of players failing and succeeding to step up to that top level and you simply don't know until they are given the opportunity.