Ross Barkley

milllz

2 hours ago, Vybzkartel said:

Lets be honest we are no longer a big boy club. We want to act like it but we are not simple. When was the last time we signed a World Class player?? Fabregas and Costa in 2014 maybe?? We are a budget version of City and PSG now. Once the Hazard and Courtios class of 2011/12 go we are pretty much going back to meritocracy because we cant buy world class talent anymore 

Well I agree we stepped on brake but Kante was pretty much top quality signing. Morata was example we are not afraid to fork big money either (70m isnt small amount).

Besides when did Chelsea buy world class? Like truly established world class players or talents? 

Yes we signed quality defenders like Cole and Carvalho but Im positive we still can. If one thing, we can attract quality defenders. 

As it goes for other positions, Essien, Drogba, Anelka, Malouda,...they were good players but hardly proven. We make such buys in Bakayoko, Batshuayi,...

Unfortunely some players dont have same impact as our previous generations. 

Lets be honest I can easily see Chelsea fork 80m for Lemar or Fekir in summer if we sell Pedro/Willian. But question is if they will deliver. 

Its a myth Chelsea could get Dybala or Griezmann in 2005. We were never as close to such players as we are now. Only difference is we spend less and we rather keep the players we have. Unfortunely some are realy underachieving. 

3 hours ago, Dimitr said:

You sold de bryune.  End of conversation....

and do you fear of losing RLC ? 😂😂😂😂

Not fear. Its just stupid. Buying english midfielders who are average when we already have one here. 

But seeing Barkley would only cost 15m, thats a bargain. We have nothing to lose then.

The thing that would be good about him is for when space is tight. When teams park their shiney bus between the sticks we ould stick him and Cescy together in a 352 to give us more creativity. but I also think that about Waterboy with Cescy or even put Luiz in CM as an option..

Is in line with our policy of signing injured players. I would prefer to keep hold of this 15m and keep it in reserve when a chance to sign a true WC midfielder arises, then we wouldn't need to penny pinch that much. But having said that, I do see some upsides to this: Cheap HG option, relatively young, can potentially still sell him for a big profit in the future if it doesn't work out. Is not the worst HG/English player out there, could still be a useful player under proper guidance and with better teammates. Think he will play b2b CM or high AM depending on where he's needed, so that's nice.

I do not kid myself, I am excited over any new signing, so I would be very much curious to see him in action. Always want to see new players play for us and see how it changes our game.

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

Think he will play b2b

I do not kid myself, I am excited over any new signing, so I would be very much curious to see him in action. Always want to see new players play for us and see how it changes our game.

Well I'm of same thoughts mate. Its not like we have missed a Lamps since he left have we eh! And tho I would rather us get Vidal my minds completely open to him. And Ive only just read that he was 5th on the list of creating the most chances last season. Not sure if thats right but made me go hmmm

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Well I'm of same thoughts mate. Its not like we have missed a Lamps since he left have we eh! And tho I would rather us get Vidal my minds completely open to him. And Ive only just read that he was 5th on the list of creating the most chances last season. Not sure if thats right but made me go hmmm

It‘s true.

1. Eriksen 2. De Bruyne 3. Özil 4. Hazard 5. Barkley

10 minutes ago, Artandur said:

It‘s true.

1. Eriksen 2. De Bruyne 3. Özil 4. Hazard 5. Barkley

I know we ALL want 'A List' players but our reality is while we do sometime dig deep for one our normal cap is £30/£35k.

I wrote in a post I thought I had become a bit of a snob thinking we should only buy big players. But in reality if you get a group of players of GOOD quality that gel and enjoy playing together then they can beat anyone.

And who knows. Barkley at this cheap price might just give us that option we need.

Just see this

Chelsea to land Ross Barkley in £15million deal after Tottenham end interest over wage demands

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-land-ross-barkley-15million-11800306

Spurs' strict pay structure currently sees Harry Kane and captain Hugo Lloris as the club's top earners, with the pair currently earning around £100,000-a-week.

But it's believed Barkley was looking for a figure in excess of the duo,

Minimal risk, high reward. 

For £15M can't go wrong with Barkley. If he succeeds the club will get a cheap homegrown talent, but if he flops he'll be sold for same price if not more.

The only downside to this is role of RLC. Will he pack his bags and move next summer after Barkley joining, or will he stay and either fight for his place or go out on loan again?

I think he'll surprise people. Barkley's always looked way more talented than RLC has at Palace. 

And I don't see why it's one or the other, both can play in in central midfield, as attacking midfielders, or even more wide.