test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

8. Ross Barkley

Started by Jason,

253 posts in this topic
7 hours ago, Unionjack said:

So looks like hes targeting him for AM then.

Because like conte said, he is either an am or the most attacking midfielder in midfield 3.

Unionjack likes this

Yup, he is not replacement for Bakayoko, unfortunately. Our awful midfield stays as it is.

9 minutes ago, El P. said:

Yup, he is not replacement for Bakayoko, unfortunately. Our awful midfield stays as it is.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Bakayoko has been the one making all the forward runs in the 3-5-2 though, i do think Barkley could take that role...

Supermonkey92 likes this

13 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Bakayoko has been the one making all the forward runs in the 3-5-2 though, i do think Barkley could take that role...

Conte said  "I think he can play in midfield, if we play with three midfielders, or number 10 if we play 3-4-3.". 

Actually, it's somewhat unspecified, this "he can play in midfield, if we play with three midfielders". Ok, in three man midfield, but where?

1 hour ago, El P. said:

Conte said  "I think he can play in midfield, if we play with three midfielders, or number 10 if we play 3-4-3.". 

Actually, it's somewhat unspecified, this "he can play in midfield, if we play with three midfielders". Ok, in three man midfield, but where?

Probably the 3-5-2 will be more a 3-4-1-2 and Barkley operating behind Morata and Hazard, especially in the big games, at least I see it like that. We tried it with Fabregas but at his current age, he gets completely isolated in that role. If we had a younger Cesc, it would've been great and probably wouldn't need Barkley. At least I see it like this.

While I hope he's competing with Baka for that place, I think by reading into Conte's quotes there he'll be competing with Cesc.

44 minutes ago, Pizy said:

While I hope he's competing with Baka for that place, I think by reading into Conte's quotes there he'll be competing with Cesc.

I think he‘ll try out both variations in due time

Out of all players in the league or club you can compare him to. Who is he like? :wub:

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Out of all players in the league or club you can compare him to. Who is he like? :wub:

I found the both very similar with their dribbling but Barkley would be better with his long shots and finishing than RLC

26 minutes ago, the wes said:

I found the both very similar with their dribbling but Barkley would be better with his long shots and finishing than RLC

NOO hes a better dribbler than RLC IMHO. But if anyone will know him with us its Gaz. And in that interview he gushes about him eh.

Ive not seen anything of RLC this year so Ive no idea how hes progressed but honestly Ive not rated him too high. Always thought him a clumsy sod who looked like Bambi on ice. So if hes progeessed at all it can only be good.

Seems hes not for sale tho. Is that down to Conte or one of Romans English core he wants us to have?

Yeah, scenarios in which both RLC and Barkley would play in same XI are stories for little kids. How, just how? Only if one of them (RLC) becomes good at playing more wide, but that would need whole formation change (in 4-2-3-1/4-1-4-1).

That ain't gonna happen. Hope Barkley will be good, but hope RLC will be even better.

So, ideal scenario - Ross plays for 2 seasons, has 2 good seasons, RLC improves a lot by that time, comes back to CFC after 2 seasons. RLC takes his place, and we sell Barkley for 60 millions.

34 minutes ago, El P. said:

Yeah, scenarios in which both RLC and Barkley would play in same XI are stories for little kids. How, just how? Only if one of them (RLC) becomes good at playing more wide, but that would need whole formation change (in 4-2-3-1/4-1-4-1).

That ain't gonna happen. Hope Barkley will be good, but hope RLC will be even better.

So, ideal scenario - Ross plays for 2 seasons, has 2 good seasons, RLC improves a lot by that time, comes back to CFC after 2 seasons. RLC takes his place, and we sell Barkley for 60 millions.

They could play together in a 3. Barkley/RLC/Kanté isn’t too bad (assuming both players have improved significantly of course) for example. But I do agree that that’s too idealistic, especially at Chelsea. 

Mufassir08 and Amblève. like this

2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

They could play together in a 3. Barkley/RLC/Kanté isn’t too bad (assuming both players have improved significantly of course) for example. But I do agree that that’s too idealistic, especially at Chelsea. 

Yeah... Barkley isn't 21, he is 24, I cannot see him ever being tactically mature, strong or durable player. He is "baller". RLC? Maybe someday, but for now he is too an AMC, without much of those abilities I mentioned.

Kante - RLC - Barkley is something Guardiola would pull. Like Fernandinho - KDB - Silva.

The Skipper likes this

1 hour ago, El P. said:

Yeah... Barkley isn't 21, he is 24, I cannot see him ever being tactically mature, strong or durable player. He is "baller". RLC? Maybe someday, but for now he is too an AMC, without much of those abilities I mentioned.

Kante - RLC - Barkley is something Guardiola would pull. Like Fernandinho - KDB - Silva.

Someone inexperienced like Tuchel would do the same. 

Kante – Drinkwater – Barkley is definitely the way to go IMO. Fabregas coming off the bench in the last 30 mins like last season

the wes likes this

8 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Kante – Drinkwater – Barkley is definitely the way to go IMO. Fabregas coming off the bench in the last 30 mins like last season

Nah hopefully Conte can mould him into a solid CM, can't bench our most intelligent midfielder, Hazard and co. will suffer. Kante, Barkley and Cesc ideally. Drinkwater a perfect stand-in, Bakayoko just a squad filler.

Mufassir08 likes this

Judging by Contes comments today, i‘d guess he might make the bench against Leicester...

1 hour ago, Artandur said:

Judging by Contes comments today, i‘d guess he might make the bench against Leicester...

Think the FA Cup replay against Norwich will be a good opportunity to play him, maybe even from the start.