Ross Barkley

milllz

Exactly, i don't see where United get this reputation from that there so great for young players, they haven't been for years.

They develop some good young players but there are some who totally slip out their fingers and turn out into good players. It is a bit of mix and match. I would agree it would be a good move to go to United if they had not bought Fellaini but they did and there is still Cleverley so no point of Barkley needing to move. That Januzaj kid looks a good player though who is at United but with Barkley he surely understand the right thing is to stay.

They develop some good young players but there are some who totally slip out their fingers and turn out into good players. It is a bit of mix and match. I would agree it would be a good move to go to United if they had not bought Fellaini but they did and there is still Cleverley so no point of Barkley needing to move. That Januzaj kid looks a good player though who is at United but with Barkley he surely understand the right thing is to stay.

There was the incident with Pogba aswell, he was young, talented and potentially a solution to United's midfield problem, so what do they do? play him a mere 7 times over the whole 11-12 season (3 of them in the Carling Cup) and lose him to Juve.

To think we get enough stick for average players like Sinclair, Bruma and Mancienne never playing enough, imagine if we made a fuck up on that proportion?

There was the incident with Pogba aswell, he was young, talented and potentially a solution to United's midfield problem, so what do they do? play him a mere 7 times over the whole 11-12 season (3 of them in the Carling Cup) and lose him to Juve.

To think we get enough stick for average players like Sinclair, Bruma and Mancienne never playing enough, imagine if we made a fuck up on that proportion?

Funny thing now is UNited would not of need to buy Fellaini had they put more faith in Pogba. He would easily slot alongside Carrick.

Funny thing now is UNited would not of need to buy Fellaini had they put more faith in Pogba. He would easily slot alongside Carrick.

Exactly, i would like to think if we had someone so obviously talented as Pogba is, he would get a damnsite more than 7 appearances.

So he can play under a tactical dinosaur who benched him while playing Phil Neville?

regardless, they need him there and are lacking a proper attacking midfielder (although I do believe his future is a bit deeper, which they are also lacking). He'd never get a look in here. In any account I don't think he should move till at least two seasons from now.

regardless, they need him there and are lacking a proper attacking midfielder (although I do believe his future is a bit deeper, which they are also lacking). He'd never get a look in here. In any account I don't think he should move till at least two seasons from now.

United have already got a proper (and top class) attacking midfielder in Kagawa but Moyes decides to play a 40 year old ahead of him. With Moyes there Barkley will be just as starved for game time as he would be for us, if not more.

United have already got a proper (and top class) attacking midfielder in Kagawa but Moyes decides to play a 40 year old ahead of him. With Moyes there Barkley will be just as starved for game time as he would be for us, if not more.

Tbf, Kagawa didn't exactly cover himself in glory when given a chance by SAF last season.

Tbf, Kagawa didn't exactly cover himself in glory when given a chance by SAF last season.

He weren't too bad, he had his moments. Even so, he wasn't bad enough to warrant being dropped for Giggs, who is finished as a footballer in near enough every aspect and is risking doing serious damage to his legend status at Old Trafford if he doesn't retire very soon.

He weren't too bad, he had his moments. Even so, he wasn't bad enough to warrant being dropped for Giggs, who is finished as a footballer in near enough every aspect and is risking doing serious damage to his legend status at Old Trafford if he doesn't retire very soon.

True, but like I said, he shouldn't move for at least two years, and by then I fully expect Moyes to be long gone.

He was decent against us, but people just keep hyping up British kids. He had some nice moments but majority of the time just ran around like a headless chicken. A couple of nutmegs and he's amazing, while there were like 10 times he lost possession by an errant pass or dribble. Now, I'm not hating on him, he's only 19 and he played great for being only 19 and considering the pressure Everton were under you can understand why he was trying to do it all himself, but he's getting too much hype. Even Martinez went way overboard in his praise. Give him more time, let him develop at Everton. Don't make him a star just yet.

That said, I do feel he's Mourinho type of player. Good physical player and direct. And considering our English contingent is on it's last legs we really do need a few more in the squad to make up the numbers. He won't just be for the numbers though, he does have the tools to be a good player.

He was decent against us, but people just keep hyping up British kids. He had some nice moments but majority of the time just ran around like a headless chicken. A couple of nutmegs and he's amazing, while there were like 10 times he lost possession by an errant pass or dribble. Now, I'm not hating on him, he's only 19 and he played great for being only 19 and considering the pressure Everton were under you can understand why he was trying to do it all himself, but he's getting too much hype. Even Martinez went way overboard in his praise. Give him more time, let him develop at Everton. Don't make him a star just yet.

That said, I do feel he's Mourinho type of player. Good physical player and direct. And considering our English contingent is on it's last legs we really do need a few more in the squad to make up the numbers. He won't just be for the numbers though, he does have the tools to be a good player.

Think thats a bit unfair to say people are overhyping his performance. The first 3 Everton games of the season he has been the standout player for them (along with Barry yesterday). He will only get better under Martinez I feel.

I wouldn't mind the signing of Barkley...but I'd rather see Chelsea give Chalobah a proper chance to make it.

I don't follow that much youth football but from what i have seen, Chalobah seems to have that extra bit of calmness, maturity at a young age.

If he truly is a attacking midfielder then there is no way that he'll be able to succeed here.I mean if Mata can't get 90 minutes then I don't see how Ross will get some game time.Better if we let him continue his career at Everton and wait for a season or two before showing some serious interest.

• 2 weeks later...

Gareth Fucking Barry would be more useful in our midfield than Barkley right now. Give him 5 years of first team football at Everton and we'll see what the dealio is.

in 5 years Barkley will cost around 50m. That's what Arsenal have learned about English talent - gotta buy them young.

Barkley looks like the real deal as youngsters go. Predicting his development is obviously very difficult though.

He'll be an excellent player soon enough. He's probably the young English player Jose alluded to at the close of the window.

United probably just ruined any shot we'd have had if we moved for him when they paid that ludicrous sum for Fellaini. Everton would probably demand £30m+ next summer if they'd even consider letting him go at all.

I see him as an awesome, super athletic box-to-box in the future like Ramires rather than an AM.

He'll be an excellent player soon enough. He's probably the young English player Jose alluded to at the close of the window.

United probably just ruined any shot we'd have had if we moved for him when they paid that ludicrous sum for Fellaini. Everton would probably demand £30m+ next summer if they'd even consider letting him go at all.

I see him as an awesome, super athletic box-to-box in the future like Ramires rather than an AM.

His game is far too uncontrolled for a cm. I can't predict the future but I think he will be a am.