Ross Barkley

milllz

Buying all these midfielders in recent windows and yet Cesc is still irreplaceable. With Barkley, we'll have about 4 (5 if you count RLC) of the same sort of midfielder and only one creative one.

We should've made a play for Arturo Vidal on a short term contract to bridge the gap to RLC. Watch Ruben now move to Liverpool or another of our rivals and become world class.

6 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Drinkwater, Barkley and Bakayoko. 

Such skill and technique.

If only we invested in proper midfileder and use RLC. 

Just imagine we are buying Drinks and Barkley, sell RLC, those two end up average and RLc turn into fine midfielder. 

We can just stop being involved in football then.

Technically, Barkley is very good. On top of his game he has everything. Burst of acceleration, good eye for a pass and the odd special goal from distance. Issue is consistency with him.

7 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Drinkwater, Barkley and Bakayoko. 

Such skill and technique.

If only we invested in proper midfileder and use RLC. 

Just imagine we are buying Drinks and Barkley, sell RLC, those two end up average and RLc turn into fine midfielder. 

We can just stop being involved in football then.

You sold de bryune.  End of conversation....

and do you fear of losing RLC ? 😂😂😂😂

Updated story.

Chelsea are on the brink of clinching the signing of Ross Barkley after making a new bid for the Everton midfielder.

The Blues could even complete the signing on Friday after talks accelerated over a deal believed to be worth in the region of £15million, amid suggestions Barkley was in London on Thursday.

Imagine being Hazard contemplating signing a new deal while witnessing the level of player the club are signing. Compare the players we target compared to the club's above us and those competing for the CL.

Really can’t complain too much for £15m. Wanted him instead of Drinkwater but alas here we are. English, good technical player that could play as an inside forward in the 343, or as a 3rd CM in the 352. 

We go forward with Kanté, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Barkley and Drinkwater. It’s not too bad tbh. 

I think I’d prefer RLC to get a quality loan for a year or two, in Germany or Spain for a side in Europe, playing in his favoured position (CM), to develop, like Christensen or Courtois. He won’t be better off as a back up squad player here. 

He has issues with consistency and decision making, but he’s still kinda young so who knows. 

1 minute ago, Stats said:

Still can see Spurs coming in for him. I would be surprised if Poch does not put in an offer for him, considering price they are reported to be letting him leave for.

Apparently Levy was going to leave it till the summer but we wanted to wrap it up ASAP so Barkley has gone for us. 

Just now, The Skipper said:

Really can’t complain too much for £15m. Wanted him instead of Drinkwater but alas here we are. English, good technical player that could play as an inside forward in the 343, or as a 3rd CM in the 352. 

We go forward with Kanté, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Barkley and Drinkwater. It’s not too bad tbh. 

I think I’d prefer RLC to get a quality loan for a year or two, in Germany or Spain for a side in Europe, playing in his favoured position (CM), to develop, like Christensen or Courtois. He won’t be better off as a back up squad player here. 

Yeah, RLC needs that time on loan. He's been sitting on the bench for the past couple seasons waiting his time. Also, Conte seems to want to play him up top, so obviously doesn't like something about him in that central midfield role, maybe workrate and defensive duties? I dunno how some people can complain about this signing. It's nice to have more English players in the squad once again too. 

Honestly can't see Spurs coming in for him tbh. Poch is already finding it difficult to accomodate all Dembele, Winks, Wanyama and Sissoko and give them playing time. Also, Alderweireld's injury means they palyed 4 at the back, which also shifted Dier into CM. 

Winks is probably going to be the reason that Spurs might not go for him.

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

Still can see Spurs coming in for him. I would be surprised if Poch does not put in an offer for him, considering price they are reported to be letting him leave for.

He's impressed that Chelsea have still shown so much interest in him apparently, and that's why he is willing to come to us now. 

Chelsea could complete the signing of Ross Barkley on Friday after talks accelerated over a deal believed to be worth in the region of £15million, amid suggestions Barkley was in London on Thursday. (Telegraph) #CFC #EFC

Just now, The Skipper said:

Apparently Levy was going to leave it till the summer but we wanted to wrap it up ASAP so Barkley has gone for us. 

Now, his hand my be forced. If I am being honest, Barkley would be more suited at Spurs. He can rotate with Alli as Alli needs the odd rest. Barkley can also play in one of their other 2 positions next to Alli and even CM with them and probably would get a lot more starts there too. Time will tell but I am for this move, considering the price being reported. Hopefully, Spurs don't come marching in.