test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

8. Ross Barkley

Started by Jason,

723 posts in this topic

Is he type of a guy who will push for a move to get playing time or doesn't give a damn as long as he receives his big paycheck? And who will want him anyway? Palace? 

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Is he type of a guy who will push for a move to get playing time or doesn't give a damn as long as he receives his big paycheck? And who will want him anyway? Palace? 

I'm sure some mid table clubs would take him. The only potential issue is his wages, although I'm not sure how much he's on here. Less than 100k p/w?

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm sure some mid table clubs would take him. The only potential issue is his wages, although I'm not sure how much he's on here. Less than 100k p/w?

Exactly 100k. Didn't see any rumours about him leaving but I hope we sell him in January. Even without RLC he don't have place here. 

On 27/11/2019 at 1:23 PM, milka said:

I think Barkley is done under Lampard . 

Didn't play since mid October. I hope we see him tomorrow. Was our best player in pre season. 

19 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Didn't play since mid October. I hope we see him tomorrow. Was our best player in pre season. 

Are you still hoping that Barkley will turn out good!?

Vesper likes this

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Are you still hoping that Barkley will turn out good!?

Not really.

I had fine chips on two parts of my bone in my foot so it was really painful.

If he at least keeps his performance from today, Kante has absolutely no business walking back straight to the starting line up.

Vesper and lucio like this

If he at least keeps his performance from today, Kante has absolutely no business walking back straight to the starting line up.
Let's see if he still has a starting berth come Arsenal before saying such things.

7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

People wrote him of but he has something to offer. Should play more. 

That is this forum for you. Majority of fans wrote him off. I am not jumping to conclusions but it is not like he does not offer anything. He is a full English international. He has a decent pass, shot, can run with the ball. He is a good squad player. Not a pile of shit like some fans like to portray him. If he has another good game, the fans opinions will change like the win, like we always see.

Strike and NikkiCFC like this

5 hours ago, Stats said:

That is this forum for you. Majority of fans wrote him off. I am not jumping to conclusions but it is not like he does not offer anything. He is a full English international. He has a decent pass, shot, can run with the ball. He is a good squad player. Not a pile of shit like some fans like to portray him. If he has another good game, the fans opinions will change like the win, like we always see.

my issue wit him was his drunken shenanigans and how he appeared to not give a toss

if he sorts that and puts in max effort like today, no issues

Stats likes this

5 hours ago, Stats said:

The problem or frustration with Barkley is that he is not completely useless, he has some talents/good attributes but hasn't been committed to fulfilling them or shown the desire to be the best he can. Joining us was supposed to be the platform for him to go to the next level, to improve himself but he's still the same inconsistent player that he was at Everton - can be good in patches but not great/consistent overall - and he's already 26 years old, he should be entering his best years. If he doesn't show any improvement ASAP, don't be surprised if Lampard decides to just cut him loose in the summer, especially with Loftus-Cheek returning and players like Gallagher impressing on loan. 

Vesper likes this

Someone was telling me Barkley isn't half the player Mount is. If Frank wasn't so biased he would've played him more.

NikkiCFC likes this

I don't want to kneejerk on one game (well two as he played the position against Brighton home aswell) but could his best position actually be in one of those deeper lying midfield positions?

He had two clear shooting opportunities at the edge of the box yesterday that he wasted by dithering on the ball which was a clear reminder as to why he became so frustrating and fell behind Ruben then Mount in the advanced midfield role, however in a deeper role he kept things ticking over quite nicely and made some pretty good cross field passes to James.

Dare I say, against the Burnley's of this world, he's may be a better option than Kante in that position.

Stats, Vesper and Fernando like this

38 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I don't want to kneejerk on one game (well two as he played the position against Brighton home aswell) but could his best position actually be in one of those deeper lying midfield positions?

He had two clear shooting opportunities at the edge of the box yesterday that he wasted by dithering on the ball which was a clear reminder as to why he became so frustrating and fell behind Ruben then Mount in the advanced midfield role, however in a deeper role he kept things ticking over quite nicely and made some pretty good cross field passes to James.

Dare I say, against the Burnley's of this world, he's may be a better option than Kante in that position.

Lampard explained why he chose Barkley for yesterday's match in his post-match Chelsea TV interview (from 3:12).

Lampard said Barkley was selected due to the nature of game where we would likely have more of the ball etc and he also mentioned that it would be mad to drop Kante too many times. So yeah...

Vesper likes this