Ross Barkley

milllz

I wouldn't mind if we got him but it really doesn't make much sense from his perspective. He wouldn't play as much as he does at Everton. Honestly, I don't see how he becomes an every match starter at any club above Everton. All of the top 6 have at least 2 players better than he is.

Sounds like he's being poorly advised by his agent. He doesn't want to become the next Fabian Delph.

14 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I remember two things from last nights dream, the First was that i caught an Arktos in pokemon go and the other that wie signed barkley. 

...well, i just caught my second Arktos today🤔

Is pokemon go still a thing lol?

Wouldn't be against this as a squad option. He had so much promise at an early age, but has never really pushed on to the next level. 

I can't help but think however that a move away from Everton will be the best thing for him and refresh and refocus his game.

At this point I'd take him with Matic going. We'd basically be getting him for nothing as a straight replacement with the Matic money.

For us it would make sense because you can't have too much quality depth. Young, English, loads of talent and potential. Probably easily obtainable since both he and his club have said he's off. A player like Oxlade Chamberlain that Conte would probably love for his versatility.

Not sure it makes much sense from Barkley's point of view as he wouldn't be walking straight into our XI. 

Why not just give Baker that role? 

Barkley was average past year and if Baker cant properly fill that role as backup AM, then we might as well sell him.

Baker had good season albeit in holland, but still he deserves a chance.

8 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Why not just give Baker that role? 

Barkley was average past year and if Baker cant properly fill that role as backup AM, then we might as well sell him.

Baker had good season albeit in holland, but still he deserves a chance.

maybe conte wants a powerful midfielder who can drive (also linked with renato), baker is weak

I would take him- we are lacking squad depth big time and he probably is a player that Conte likes. With Matic going out, Barkley could become an useful asset to our team, as he is powerful and has a good shoot from distance in him. Another englishmen wouldn't harm our HG quota either.