test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

8. Ross Barkley

Started by Jason,

350 posts in this topic
13 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

I'm waiting for Marcos Alonso to make a similar claim

Gary Cahill would accept that challenge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Barkley at RW? I would love to see that experiment in a cup tie. He certainly has the pace and the dribbling skills.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2018 at 5:58 PM, Vesper said:

What about Barkley at RW? I would love to see that experiment in a cup tie. He certainly has the pace and the dribbling skills.

 

32 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Enjoyed watching him last night, his decision making is much improved and he's starting to tick.

Was going to suggest that Mz Vesper as we mentioned it before.

HOPEFULLY Pedro Mercurys shoulder will be fime but I wouldn't mind Barkles at all as RW

But as we know if Pedros not fit (or even if he is) captain emoji will more than likely start. Grrrr!!

Sooner we get a RW/Striker upgrade the better.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our midfield is the part of the team Im fully haopy with.

With our 3 main starters we have a backup of 4 that a lot of teams in the PL would kill for.

Barkles,Cescy,RLC,Ethan - Oh yeah and Waterboy! OK personally I'd try not to play RLC or Drinks but have no qualms on the others.

Its great seeing Markley fit,happy and playing well. He looked like aweightlifter pre season. His bicepts were bigger than Cahills. And his thighs were massive. Eden started last season or season before looking like that, like hed been on the weights,and he started out really stromg If Barkley got a goal right now (Yeah I know just like Morata) it would send him sky high. And it strikes me that he likes being here.

Seems to like Eden too

Ross Barkley ‘not surprised’ by Eden Hazard’s wonder goal against Liverpool

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/27/ross-barkley-not-surprised-by-eden-hazards-wonder-goal-against-liverpool-7986305/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Our midfield is the part of the team Im fully haopy with.

With our 3 main starters we have a backup of 4 that a lot of teams in the PL would kill for.

Barkles,Cescy,RLC,Ethan - Oh yeah and Waterboy! OK personally I'd try not to play RLC or Drinks but have no qualms on the others.

Its great seeing Markley fit,happy and playing well. He looked like aweightlifter pre season. His bicepts were bigger than Cahills. And his thighs were massive. Eden started last season or season before looking like that, like hed been on the weights,and he started out really stromg If Barkley got a goal right now (Yeah I know just like Morata) it would send him sky high. And it strikes me that he likes being here.

Seems to like Eden too

Ross Barkley ‘not surprised’ by Eden Hazard’s wonder goal against Liverpool

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/27/ross-barkley-not-surprised-by-eden-hazards-wonder-goal-against-liverpool-7986305/

 

I am pretty sure Cahill still has at least an inch on him in that department but Barks looks absolutely shreeded and  his fitness is not the issue but you can see that his mind is not really sharp enough yet after that long break. some guys just take longer to re-acclimatize. Barkley's job is not to score goals primarily, so I am not worried it rocks his confidence too much but setting himself a target of 20 goals without ever having scored even 10 was a bit too ambitious givne he is not a regular starter. However he is one major factor why our midfield is 3 times better than last year. Barkley is a good shooter and should exploit that more often but whilst Lamps was ana mazing shooter from any reasonable distance, most of his goals were classic striker goals coming from excellent positioning, timing of off the ball runs. If he really would like to emulate Lamps he should study his movement first. Barkley is someone who wants teh ball at his feet, driving it forward, going in to the dribble, which is nice and he should not give up. Lamps on the other hand was actually the opposite especially in the later stages of his career where he scored most goals (was already almost 30 when he hit the 100 for Chelsea). Despite being an excellent dribbler with great close control when called upon (remember when he put Balotelli on his backside and anothe rtime a few Atletico defenders with some intricate zick-zack touches), Lamps seldom kept the ball for longer than a few seconds, like the Tom Brady of football. Still he was able to orchestrate a game all by himself, dropping deep to open play with his legendary accurate long range passes, skipping the opposition midfield without even breakign a sweat. Then waiting for their lines to retreat and finding space to get the ball back and play a killer steep pass or making himself available for the cutback and apply his deadly shooting skills. You will barely find a midfielder this complete and this impactful on build-up play and attack likewise today. Mostly because football has changed. Midfielders are more about the subtle art of circulating play in the tempo the game management requires (like Kroos, Modric, Thiago, Jorginho etc) rather than directly breaking the defence with such force and consistency as Lampard did. Then again there are enough players who desperately try it but just dont have the talent (like Pogba) esp. footballing intelligence wise. So back to BArkley. Barks obviously has all teh techncial and physical tools to be any kind of midfielder he wants. He could be more of a younger Lampard, doing many runs and taking on many shots driving the play vertically forward and being almost everywhere then he will not score as much as the later Lamps who was all about his end-product and distribution. Either way he has to fit it into Sarris system, which imo is both possible as a midfield 3 like this allows the two more advanced midfielders a lot of freedom. I wish him good luck and hope as long as he keeps playing well and improving he will not mind too much about stats at first but find his role and then he will automatically fidn himselfs in shooting position like the Hamsik role in Napoli which is actually pretty close to waht i just elaborated on. I think of all our midfielder he is bes tsuited to taht but it does not hurt having competition and variety. 

ja1 and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we stick to playing him only in the Europa league useless twat. Always gives the ball away in dangerous areas.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Can we stick to playing him only in the Europa league useless twat. Always gives the ball away in dangerous areas.

Why? Nothing he did created that goal. It was a wonder strike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Why? Nothing he did created that goal. It was a wonder strike. 

He lost the ball in our half which led to the goal

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

He lost the ball in our half which led to the goal

Okay, it was a mistake but that was only the first stage of the error. We still had the chance to deal with the danger. Could have prevented it had Kante closed Sturridge down better.

Vesper, Stats and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Okay, it was a mistake but that was only the first stage of the error. We still had the chance to deal with the danger. Could have prevented it had Kante closed Sturridge down better.

Yes, that goal is on Kante far more than anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jason said:

Okay, it was a mistake but that was only the first stage of the error. We still had the chance to deal with the danger. Could have prevented it had Kante closed Sturridge down better.

He has been losing the ball in that position all season SAMs against Arsenal and even against Liverpool midweek. He is not composed on the ball rather we play RLC he at least retains the ball well. We should never have bought Barkley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vybz Kartel said:

He has been losing the ball in that position all season SAMs against Arsenal and even against Liverpool midweek. He is not composed on the ball rather we play RLC he at least retains the ball well. We should never have bought Barkley. 

Right...because no one else has ever lost the ball in those positions. Not even Kante, Kovacic or Jorginho!

Stats likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.