Ross Barkley

milllz

Better dribbler, better technique, better passer, better vision, better built.

I don't even know why you're comparing the two. One is a destroyer and the other is an attacking midfielder.

All of this, pretty much.

Plus, he can put in a tackle without fouling and won't get suspended numerous times per season for petulance or violent conduct.

I find this a very unlikely transfer. He's not ready for a team like Chelsea, he should spend at least another year at Everton for his own good, imo. Plus, for our system I would much rather MVG or even the rumored Paulinho (who I am against signing, for the record). He's an excellent prospect but I would NOT play Ross in a two man midfield.

Would he be a viable option next to Matic? If so, I'm all for signing him because he undoubtedly has a lot of qualities and will only improve with age but as an attacking midfielder I think we're already set unless we sell Oscar.

We really need English players for FFP long term wise.

JT, Cole and Lampard leaving us soon.

you dont need to spend so much for that reason on a player that isnt a top class AM. If we change someting in the AM, we should had pure quality like Rues. Oscar and Willian are better than Barkley in the 10 role so he isnt needed.

you dont need to spend so much for that reason on a player that isnt a top class AM. If we change someting in the AM, we should had pure quality like Rues, Oscar and Willian are better the Barkley in the 10 role.

The rumours are that we'd swap Lukaku for him, which I personally wouldn't mind so much especially if Lukaku doesn't want to stay here as 2nd choice striker. If that's the case Lukaku for Barkley is a good deal, and Mourinho can mould into any midfielder he wants him to be.

i think he can be groomed into a lampard-like #8 role, has all the attributes for it...

We cant make that gamble, not in our situation. We need to make the right calls in this moment, more than ever. getting Barkley to be the CM next to Matic and let him grow in to it is a hugh gamble we shouldnt make. We should stop buying every talented prospect when we want to be the best.

honestly we dont need him

we got so many AM out on loan. piazon? atsu, traore are all exciting prospects.

the only advantage barkley have over them is EPL experience.

• 1 month later...