Andy Carroll

Unionjack

No ambition...No strategy...Why are we trying to sign a 29 year old injury prone player?...I think both conte and board are at fault...If our plan A is  headers by morata so now our plan B is also scoring headers..it does not make any sense...This transfer clearly shows how far chelsea has fallen from an elite club status...No top club in Europe will try to sign carroll

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clubs that haven't even been on our level in the past few years like Arsenal and Liverpool are more ambitious and sign a higher caliber of player than we do. What must Eden and Courtois think when they see United sign Sanchez, Liverpool sign VVD and who knows who else with the Coutinho money, Arsenal look likely to sign Aubameyang. Whereas our most recent signings are likely to be Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Barkley, and Andy Carroll. Players who wouldn't get a sniff at the top clubs around Europe.

Has to be stadium related. The club trying to prepare the fans for some lean years. 

This is by far the most disapproved target I have seen during my time supporting the club. I have seen nobody have anything good to say about this, it's being unanimously condemned. Djilobodji was as bad or worse signing, but with the upside of not having had to simmer through days and weeks of embarrassing rumours, it happened out of the blue and was obviously a desperate last ditch panic buy. This however is a calculated target, it's not the last hours of deadline day, this is the most embarrassing part. If he signs we can't even label him a shit panic buy and sweep it under the rug like with Papy, who btw cost roughly what he was worth compared to the ridiculous prices quoted for Carroll.

Why not Hernandez, some ask? It's clear that the club is after a strong target man, it has been clear since we've been most strongly linked with players like Llorente, Benteke, Boakye and now Carroll. The club probably don't consider Morata a target man, which let's be honest, he isn't. So understandably they want a plan B up front, but come on...:doh:

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Clubs that haven't even been on our level in the past few years like Arsenal and Liverpool are more ambitious and sign a higher caliber of player than we do. What must Eden and Courtois think when they see United sign Sanchez, Liverpool sign VVD and who knows who else with the Coutinho money, Arsenal look likely to sign Aubameyang. Whereas our most recent signings are likely to be Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Barkley, and Andy Carroll. Players who wouldn't get a sniff at the top clubs around Europe.

Has to be stadium related. The club trying to prepare the fans for some lean years. 

Probably will think cya... Can't see them staying with so little ambition being shown 

I get the stadium blah and money issues or whatever.. Just don't get this. It's more the fact he's so injury prone you'd never get a full time out of him. 

Expect summer to be more the same.. Probably minus a manager so got that to deal with first. 

37 minutes ago, Pizy said:

wouldnt they just bring in young players then? no point buying 29 year olds (not even for cheap), when you will have to replace them soon. At least they would have the excuse of a "young developing team" while the stadium was underway

David Moyes has refused to be drawn on Chelsea's interest in West Ham striker Andy Carroll, but says he hopes to add to his squad in January rather than sell.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/11210490/west-ham-boss-david-moyes-not-keen-to-sell-amid-andy-carroll-speculation

Usually when you're after a "Plan B" striker it's because you want something much different than your primary guy. Morata is brilliant with his head so really Carroll offers nothing that he doesn't other than being more physical. If anything, I can imagine Carroll coming on to play with Morata in a desperate situation when we have to score. I suppose he'd be a good option in a situation like Everton recently where we had 90% of the ball and simply couldn't find a way through. Having our players pump cross after cross into Carroll the battering ram.

What's hard for me to imagine is Andy Carroll starting games for Chelsea Football Club. Like, does he even have the footballing ability to link up with Hazard etc? Seems like the exact opposite type of player a club of our stature would target. He's the sort of player who you'd see Stoke or West Brom try to sign and take a punt on.

I think I've figured out our boards plan: an all English spine at Chelsea. They'll sell Courtois this summer and bring in Butland to go along with Cahill, Barkley, Drinkwater, and Andy Carroll right through the middle of our XI. Geniuses.

😂

West Ham would bite our hands off for 10m never mind 20m... he’s utter shite, better at elbowing people than scoring goals. He had a bit of potential with Newcastle, got a big move sort of worked out but then was dumped by Rodgers at the bin dippers but he’s not been anywhere near good enough since to even warrant a move to a club like Everton or a Southampton yet alone Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I can get using the Manc clubs as a sign of ambition but Liverpool and Arsenal? Only reason they "shown ambition" with VVD is because they had the Coutinho money, it's easy to forget that Liverpool have signed players like Karius and Klavan, signings that make even this potential signing and the Papy one look ambitious. As for Arsenal and PEA, if they sign him fair enough, but as of now they are merely linked with him the same way we are Sandro.

11 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Moyes '' At the moment Andy has an ankle injury. He had an injection 10 days ago and we’re hoping he will be training soon.”

David Moyes insists Chelsea have not approached West Ham over Andy Carroll transfer

The West Ham boss' comments came after his side's 1-0 victory over Shrewsbury Town in the FA Cup

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/david-moyes-andy-carroll-west-ham-chelsea-transfers-premier-league-transfer-window-a8163111.html

30 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Naby Keita, Oxlade, Salah? There are more reasons to think they have more ambition than us.

And isn't Ox in a similar boat to Barkley? Ala young player who stagnanted under poor management. As for Keita, he's another one covered in the Coutinho cash, for Salah we can say Rudi. Liverpool are doing things exactly like we are, if not tighter, the only difference is that they have invested better (this season).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You