• Bakayoko
    • Drinkwater
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Morata (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)
    • Sterling (sub)

A friend emailed me when the draw came out she said I'm really looking forward to this about time we had some decent football at Carrow Road. Another disappointed woman not getting what she hoped for there wasn't even any foreplay and certainly no action in the box :D

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, cosmicway said:

When was Bats any better ?
His job is to look for good position in the box - that's what he 's always been doing and nothing more.
But there was no one to pass any useful balls.
Bakayoko was the dreadful one. Also Morata added nothing in the last ten minutes. All the rest below premiership standards.

Balls bouncing off him, first touch woeful and out muscled by a Championship defender time after time.

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

I watched the last 10 minutes. Mosunda looked lively. Did he play the whole game?? Also the Sterling fella sped the play up once he came on.

Good for you mate. At least you didn't waste 90 minutes of your life. :drunk:

Just now, Jason said:

Good for you mate. At least you didn't waste 90 minutes of your life. :drunk:

I wasted 80 minutes of my life refreshing the match thread and reading everyones complaints. I think I was worse off. Lol.

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

I wasted 80 minutes of my life refreshing the match thread and reading everyones complaints. I think I was worse off. Lol.

Never mind it's Chelsea, it was the shittiest football match of the season.

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

To me it just shows how devalued the FA cup has become now

FA Cup is devalued, also coppa italia, copa del rey.
That's because UEFA have made a giant champions league, devalued the uefa cup and abolished the cups winner cup.
In the seventies-eighties some of the teams competing for the UEFA cup were stronger than those of the same country competing in the champions cup. For example Liverpool (UEFA) were better than Leeds United (champions).

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

FA Cup is devalued, also coppa italia, copa del rey.
That's because UEFA have made a giant champions league, devalued the uefa cup and abolished the cups winner cup.
In the seventies-eighties some of the teams competing for the UEFA cup were stronger than those of the same country competing in the champions cup. For example Liverpool (UEFA) were better than Leeds United (champions).

Yup all the domestic cups are diminished now thanks to the leviathan that is UEFA. Started in the UK with the League Cup/Milk Cup/Carling Cup in the early 80s, now the Carabao Cup or whatever corporate whore sponsors it now. Clubs would play under strength teams, and now in recent years it's the same with the FA Cup. The League Cup when I was a kid was a big fucking event. Can backfire though  -eg which is why Citeh won 4-1 but we have another replay

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yup all the domestic cups are diminished now thanks to the leviathan that is UEFA. Started in the UK with the League Cup/Milk Cup/Carling Cup in the early 80s, now the Carabao Cup or whatever corporate whore sponsors it now. Clubs would play under strength teams, and now in recent years it's the same with the FA Cup. The League Cup when I was a kid was a big fucking event. Can backfire though  -eg which is why Citeh won 4-1 but we have another replay

European football was not at all uninteresting with the old system.

3 hours ago, LeonDavis23 said:

LOL and some of you actually think we'll finish second behind City 

What does one abject performance against a park the bus team playing for their lives with our second string have to do with our PL aspirations?

10 hours ago, cosmicway said:

European football was not at all uninteresting with the old system.

English teams did well -people forget that Nottm Forest won the CL twice and UEFA Cup. Aston Villa also. They won the CL on shoestring budgets with 90% home grown players way before Chelseas money came along.

I remember Panathanaikos from your country doing well as well

Well I thought at least we had some players in the team yesterday that we coulda relied on to beat them.I had strong hopes for Pedro to step up but he was fuckin useless. Only thing he did was that shot early in 2nd half. Willi again was our MOTM IMHO.Did some Eden type runs but like Eden is a poor finisher. Bats MIGHTA been better IF he had got a better service but he cant hold up for toffee keeping the ball far too long on breaks, giving them time to get back in defence. He has no sense of conviction at all.

How many balls did Rudi give away? Luiz got caught holding alot and almost fucked u a couple of times as usual. He was obviously going to get booked but thought he got a bit better as game went on. Kept trying to push forward but just doesn't have the 2 with him for it to work Totally different to Andreas. Best thing about Cahill was his positioning, Strong enough but not much more. Zaps I think had a good game. solid enough defence wise and kept pushing forward. If that real late shot had gone in he woulda got the headlines. Midfield just played like they were strangers. Baks is a strong lad but about all. No confidence whatsoever in himself. He reminded me of one of those kids at school that didn't like sports. Got rid of the ball to anyone that was around him the 1st chance he got. OK I understand Conte wanting to give him a fair try but enoughs enough. And expected much more from Waterboy. It was his big opportunity to prove himself.but tho he did his defence stuff ok he didn't control nowt.Did a coule of good interceptions tho,

2nd half started sharper but just didn have enough to put the game away.

Its obvious I'm sure to us all that Baks and Bats are just need a change (and us one from them.) but its difficult with Luiz, I'm sure theres summet to the story of Roman wanting hm to play but its plain that Andreas is much more composed on the ball but just needs a more forward creative eye. IMHO

Absolutely awful performance by some of our main players. Pedro, Willian, Bats, Luiz...they should be more than enough to win the game. 

How the fuck can you demand and contend for place in first 11 when you get a chance against norwich and not give a single shit? Its the kind of game where you try to impress manager.

Do they think first 11 is just going to be given to them?

I would play Musonda, Salter, Sterling and Ampadu in replay. They cant play worse than yesterday. 

But Conte obviously wont do that.