test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Norwich 0-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   6 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Caballero
    • Zappacosta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Kenedy
    • Bakayoko
    • Drinkwater
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Morata (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)
    • Sterling (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

123 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

To me it just shows how devalued the FA cup has become now

FA Cup is devalued, also coppa italia, copa del rey.
That's because UEFA have made a giant champions league, devalued the uefa cup and abolished the cups winner cup.
In the seventies-eighties some of the teams competing for the UEFA cup were stronger than those of the same country competing in the champions cup. For example Liverpool (UEFA) were better than Leeds United (champions).

LAB likes this

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

FA Cup is devalued, also coppa italia, copa del rey.
That's because UEFA have made a giant champions league, devalued the uefa cup and abolished the cups winner cup.
In the seventies-eighties some of the teams competing for the UEFA cup were stronger than those of the same country competing in the champions cup. For example Liverpool (UEFA) were better than Leeds United (champions).

Yup all the domestic cups are diminished now thanks to the leviathan that is UEFA. Started in the UK with the League Cup/Milk Cup/Carling Cup in the early 80s, now the Carabao Cup or whatever corporate whore sponsors it now. Clubs would play under strength teams, and now in recent years it's the same with the FA Cup. The League Cup when I was a kid was a big fucking event. Can backfire though  -eg which is why Citeh won 4-1 but we have another replay

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yup all the domestic cups are diminished now thanks to the leviathan that is UEFA. Started in the UK with the League Cup/Milk Cup/Carling Cup in the early 80s, now the Carabao Cup or whatever corporate whore sponsors it now. Clubs would play under strength teams, and now in recent years it's the same with the FA Cup. The League Cup when I was a kid was a big fucking event. Can backfire though  -eg which is why Citeh won 4-1 but we have another replay

European football was not at all uninteresting with the old system.

3 hours ago, LeonDavis23 said:

LOL and some of you actually think we'll finish second behind City 

What does one abject performance against a park the bus team playing for their lives with our second string have to do with our PL aspirations?

10 hours ago, cosmicway said:

European football was not at all uninteresting with the old system.

English teams did well -people forget that Nottm Forest won the CL twice and UEFA Cup. Aston Villa also. They won the CL on shoestring budgets with 90% home grown players way before Chelseas money came along.

I remember Panathanaikos from your country doing well as well

This was the worst performance of the season from us, and considering a few got starts they so called craved for they massively disappointed.

I'm massively worried about Luiz, Bakayoko and Batshuayi

Well I thought at least we had some players in the team yesterday that we coulda relied on to beat them.I had strong hopes for Pedro to step up but he was fuckin useless. Only thing he did was that shot early in 2nd half. Willi again was our MOTM IMHO.Did some Eden type runs but like Eden is a poor finisher. Bats MIGHTA been better IF he had got a better service but he cant hold up for toffee keeping the ball far too long on breaks, giving them time to get back in defence. He has no sense of conviction at all.

How many balls did Rudi give away? Luiz got caught holding alot and almost fucked u a couple of times as usual. He was obviously going to get booked but thought he got a bit better as game went on. Kept trying to push forward but just doesn't have the 2 with him for it to work Totally different to Andreas. Best thing about Cahill was his positioning, Strong enough but not much more. Zaps I think had a good game. solid enough defence wise and kept pushing forward. If that real late shot had gone in he woulda got the headlines. Midfield just played like they were strangers. Baks is a strong lad but about all. No confidence whatsoever in himself. He reminded me of one of those kids at school that didn't like sports. Got rid of the ball to anyone that was around him the 1st chance he got. OK I understand Conte wanting to give him a fair try but enoughs enough. And expected much more from Waterboy. It was his big opportunity to prove himself.but tho he did his defence stuff ok he didn't control nowt.Did a coule of good interceptions tho,

2nd half started sharper but just didn have enough to put the game away.

Its obvious I'm sure to us all that Baks and Bats are just need a change (and us one from them.) but its difficult with Luiz, I'm sure theres summet to the story of Roman wanting hm to play but its plain that Andreas is much more composed on the ball but just needs a more forward creative eye. IMHO

Absolutely awful performance by some of our main players. Pedro, Willian, Bats, Luiz...they should be more than enough to win the game. 

How the fuck can you demand and contend for place in first 11 when you get a chance against norwich and not give a single shit? Its the kind of game where you try to impress manager.

Do they think first 11 is just going to be given to them?

I would play Musonda, Salter, Sterling and Ampadu in replay. They cant play worse than yesterday. 

But Conte obviously wont do that.

Difference being is we travelled away with a bit of fat on our back like having Morata benched and people like Willian and Pedro starting. Of course, we were shite, but the experience is massive in terms of what they showed today.

Wenger is getting slated for his naive and idiotic ways again.

Laylabelle likes this

38 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Difference being is we travelled away with a bit of fat on our back like having Morata benched and people like Willian and Pedro starting. Of course, we were shite, but the experience is massive in terms of what they showed today.

Wenger in. Wenger out... Wenger in...

It's interesting and good that many aren't latching onto oooo it was a young ng/unexperienced Arsenal side seeing as Notts Forest had a fair few young players. Like us we have no excuse as our players aren't newbies who never kicked a ball before.. They just couldn't do much with it

56 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

17 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Wenger in. Wenger out... Wenger in...

It's interesting and good that many aren't latching onto oooo it was a young ng/unexperienced Arsenal side seeing as Notts Forest had a fair few young players. Like us we have no excuse as our players aren't newbies who never kicked a ball before.. They just couldn't do much with it

Arsenal were shit. We were shit. Only difference between their game and ours is that Forest actually played well while Norwich were shit.

communicate likes this

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Arsenal were shit. We were shit. Only difference between their game and ours is that Forest actually played well while Norwich were shit.

A mate of mine is a season ticket holder at Norwich and he said that's the one of their best performances of the last 5 years.

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

A mate of mine is a season ticket holder at Norwich and he said that's the one of their best performances of the last 5 years.

:lol: Oh my.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

We were beyond shit lol. Let's hope replay is all normal! No faff faffing around. We do seem to like a replay.. Wasn't it Brentford we had to struggle to get one against like wtf... Make something that seems like should be straight forward anything but... Magic of the cup.. Didn't feel magical! 

I vaguely remember one performance in 2013-14 that was so sh*tty.
In the matches against Roma-City we tried, we failed, they scored, we made some comical things at the back but it was n't like that.
Yesterday they all needed a pillow and a mattress to go to sleep.
In the corresponding situation of Wenger, it costed him 4 goals.
Overall I don't like this really. England became known for the queen, the big ben and the FA cup. Now it's like the Greek-Balkan cup of old, against Vardar Skopje and Locomotiv Plovdiv. It reached a stage when those teams would n't even pay a bus to take them to the other stadium.