• Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

No nerves are an issue.
Go to the Stoke thread.
I can tell you about Greek player legends, from the time I used to go every Sunday - everyone knows.
They actually do score great goals, against big opponents too, but how ?
They are also assets to their club.
But you don't call them strikers.

At the same time there are some slow motion characters who are strikers. It's in the mind.

Confidence plays a big part. Some players are cocky whilst others need to build it up by scoring goals regularly.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, LAM09 said:

Confidence plays a big part. Some players are cocky whilst others need to build it up by scoring goals regularly.

I doubt it.
It's one of those things we call a birthmark.
Name me a lousy goal missing machine from any team or any era in football history who then turned into a Jimmy Greaves.

I doubt it.
Name me a lousy goal missing machine from any team or any era in football history who then turned into a Jimmy Greaves.
There probably isn't one. You're either gifted in a department or you're not

Just now, LAM09 said:
6 minutes ago, cosmicway said:
I doubt it.

There probably isn't one. You're either gifted in a department or you're not

Obviously there were many players who are now forgotten by everybody - turned up only the day they signed their cards.
But there were lots and lots of high class wingers who played to the age of 35 and they never got better in the scoring department.

Some others don't know football and score Billy Dimitriades - top Greek scorer - three consecutive Toyotas . When outside the box you wondered "is this a football player ?".
The national monster of Greece is Anthony Antoniades -nailed Everton inside the Goodison park once upon a time. His shoe size does n't exist in the shops. Slower than a barge. But ...
Antoniades a high profile lawyer now, scored 30-35 per season.

Chelsea won't play any better under another manager. Today was about as good as it gets with the current squad. Simply lacking quality in the squad and depth. Perfect example of why I don't bother watching matches much anymore. 

Wait until Chelsea buy or work in players that will make them dangerous in the Prem and in Europe. Might be worth seeing again. Don't know about Morata right now.

Liverpool need one star striker added to their squad and I think they will be good enough next year to compete for the trophy assuming the VvD maintains excellent play and leadership at the back. Chelsea, by contrast, sit higher in the table but the squad needs a lot more before next season begins.

55 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Chelsea won't play any better under another manager. Today was about as good as it gets with the current squad. Simply lacking quality in the squad and depth. Perfect example of why I don't bother watching matches much anymore. 

Wait until Chelsea buy or work in players that will make them dangerous in the Prem and in Europe. Might be worth seeing again. Don't know about Morata right now.

Liverpool need one star striker added to their squad and I think they will be good enough next year to compete for the trophy assuming the VvD maintains excellent play and leadership at the back. Chelsea, by contrast, sit higher in the table but the squad needs a lot more before next season begins.

That's quite debatable....yes we need couple of quality additions in key areas like wingback positions and attacking role...but the same time its our finishing that has been letting us down despite the weakness in key areas of the pitch....we could have banter Atletico United and again Arsenal...thanks to Morata piss poor miss and finishing and our poor finishing finishing attitude... Liverpool defence will not improve astronomically cos of a single player in VVD which in my own opinion is overrated...let klopp play all d attacking football of this world his defence will always be a suspect which in IMO will make it difficult for them to compete...

3 hours ago, Jason said:

If those had been half chances, then you can give an excuse. But they had been clear chances, which, no matter who, should have been converted. It's not just Bakayoko or Morata. Even Hazard, Fabregas, Drinkwater have all been guilty of missing them!

Its just a seasonal form IMO. We miss these chances every game.

Next season, same players could bury 90% of those same chances. 

There are seasons when nothing goes in and seasons when everything goes in. 

Im glad we at least create chances. Would be worried if we didnt at all.

Well I had a great day! Brought back good memories oftaking the piss out of gooners.

OK Morata needs a big shot of confidence. His mind might be on the Mrs and newly discovered twins who knows. But we went thru this with Diego. And I remember Drogs only scored what 15 in his 1st season? So do I want him to score more - of course but I really think he will come good. Nobody shouts cause Eden dont score more eh!

Good to see Tibo earning his wedge.

This chap here is right up my street. More power to him.

9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Its just a seasonal form IMO. We miss these chances every game.

Next season, same players could bury 90% of those same chances. 

There are seasons when nothing goes in and seasons when everything goes in. 

Im glad we at least create chances. Would be worried if we didnt at all.

Yes, it's a good thing that we are at least creating chances but at the end of the day, if we don't put chances away, we aren't going to win anything. It has already cost us wins against Liverpool, Arsenal and even Atletico. Only highlighted the big games in my that previous post and if we add the lesser games in, then the issue becomes even more concerning because we have tended to miss good chances like every single game. I don't expect each of them to be converted but at least 2-3. The fact that Alonso - a LWB - is our third highest goalscorer this season says a lot. We just don't have consistent goalscorers in this team. Pedro, Willian, Hazard, Fabregas all only score every now and then while Morata is increasingly becoming more hit-and-miss. If our main attacking players aren't scoring the goals consistently, then how are we supposed to win games, win trophies? Who do we expect to chip in the goals?

The two most recent additions, Baka-Morata get all the stick, from everyone.
That's bad.
Cause if you don't like Alonso, you had him for two years - find a new Roberto Carlos. If you don't like Cahill, you had him for five years.
Are we sliding downwards ???
If Eden goes to Madrid as touted or if at any rate five years go by and he is sidelined, do we stay in the premier division ?

Without Eden we're Arsenal's level. We have their defence x4. We have Kante + Hazard. But they have wingers, attacking midfielders, strikers, defensive midfielders x2. &, of course, that's without Cazorla. 

I think we're in the midst of our next collapse. Fortunately we've had around 4 of those in 10 years so we know how the cycle goes.