• Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

The real question is why the fuck is he starting ahead of Pedro in a game like this? Who in Brighton is Conte so scared of? Same boring shit in this Abramovich Era. Only Ancelotti's football excited me. Tired of the negative minded coaches

This is what I pointed out before the game. We won the game 2-0 and convincingly but I don't see why, when playing at home against Brighton who are going to sit back all game, are we playing 3 CB and then also 3 CM. Two of those CM are workhorses and not creative players. Games against the top 6, like we used against Spurs at Wembley I understand when we use those formations. However these type of games we can easily go 3-4-3 and just play more fluid. I guarantee if we did, we would have broken down Brighton first half. But Kante, Bakayoko and Fabregas all in CM and then 3 CB too. Real lack of width.

Annoying thing is if Morata is out then we go with 3-4-3 however when he is back we go 3-5-2. The odd times when Morata played in a 3-4-3 against Stoke he scored a hattrick however in this type of formation where we play without any real wingers, it is difficult for him to score more than one in a game.

13 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Even if he's so insistent on 3 at the back. At least go for something ambitious with Fabregas, Kante, Hazard, Morata and Pedro. If Fabregas can't cut it in a 2 man midfield then start Drinkwater who already has a great partnership with Kante. We've played great football at home in the past with the 3-4-3. 

I think right now we can establish that playing cesc in 2 man midfield is  a suicide.

I dont think the formation is the problem,it is more of the player. Bakayoko offensively is so poor. Based on what I saw from his highlight in monaco,he provided powerful run through midfield but so far we see none that. Kante is the best ball winner in epl but his passing is very conservative. He tend to pass sideward. I want Conte to try Drinkwater,kante and cesc.

We got the break we needed seconds after the second half begun.
What could Brighton do afterwards ?
Should have been 4-0 - in the end the substitution of Hazard turned it into a quiet match.
I remain puzzled and it looks like we have problems. Everytime Hazard has the ball his 4-5 opponents struggle to contain him, everytime somebody else has the ball we pray for a straight pass at least, for a cross better than Zappacosta's against Everton. Where are the days of Lamps-Essien who were makings things easy for Didier ?

Just rewatched the hilights and the scoreline again shoulda been much higher. Alot of the lads missed goals that really should have gone in (including Eden) With 26 shots against Everton we cant say we arent being offensive enough. Its just our finishing that needs sorting.