• Hazard
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just lack quality on the ball. Pedro, Wilian just aren't good enough. Bakayoko shouldn't be playing against teams that sit deep against us. Not sure why Fabregas didn't start this game ? 

Alonso did he actually do anything today ? Zappacosta... that attempt at a cross pretty much sums him up.

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Everything is almost in front of the opposition defence, making it so easy for them to defend. 

This, our passing from Kante and bakayoko are too conservative. When I am talking about taking more risky pass, I am not talking about lofted through ball like,  I want a hard pass bypassing Everton midfield straight to Hazard so he doesn't have to face two layer of defence all the time. 

It's inconsistency, not so much quality. Pedro and Willian do have the quality and attributes needed to be incredibly useful to this side, it's just one game either of them will have a fantastic game and contribute massively, or the next game their passing is off and they run down blind alleys. 

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We need one starting quality attacking player in January. The club must see this.

We need a creative  midfielder, basically either him or cesc need to play.

Right now It feel like watching our team when Mourinho came in the 2nd time. We have absolutely no clue how to break defensive team down. 

4 minutes ago, communicate said:

We need a creative  midfielder, basically either him or cesc need to play.

Right now It feel like watching our team when Mourinho came in the 2nd time. We have absolutely no clue how to break defensive team down. 

That's the problem and once they've scored you think crap how we going to score rather then we can get back into this. 

I still have a headache because of this game. It's one thing that we lack quality in some areas but that bus parking from Everton was beyond draining. I now feel like I have no interest in talking or thinking about football or anything really.

We attacked and attacked but without any real determination in finishing. 

You can smell a goal sometimes, its just gonna happen. I didnt feel that today despite we were attacking and attacking. We dont have killer finishing or players that can do it 

It was hard game and you always have these games every season, but we had too many of them and its not even january. 

I think another top striker wouldnt be bad move in january or summer despite Morata.

But we need wingbacks, RW and midfield strenghtened too. It feels we did very little last summer in terms of improving. We bought new striker, new fullback, new midfielder but neither area feels any bit improved. Rudiger was good addition in defence, we have that sorted so at least we dont have to worry there. But other areas are still realy problematic.

38 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We need one starting quality attacking player in January. The club must see this.

We BADLY need a goalscorer. You know there's issues when our third highest scorer in the league this season is a WB with FOUR goals! Think it was you who mentioned this previously but our lack of goalscorers, compared to some of the others, haven't been exposed due to our defensive solidity. Conte is a pragmatic manager by nature anyway but you wonder if his extra conservatism some in games this season is because he knows this team doesn't score many goals. Hence, he doesn't want to risk too much in certain situations, rather take a point if he can help it than lose all and fall behind the others.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

We BADLY need a goalscorer. You know there's issues when our third highest scorer in the league this season is a WB with FOUR goals! Think it was you who mentioned this previously but our lack of goalscorers, compared to some of the others, haven't been exposed due to our defensive solidity. Conte is a pragmatic manager by nature anyway but you wonder his extra conservatism some in games this season is because he knows this team doesn't score many goals. Hence, he doesn't want to risk too much in certain situations, rather take a point if he can help it than lose all and fall behind the others.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure our club will be willing to spend any significant amount of money halfway through the season. They're probably content with what we have. I would be shocked if we brought in anyone top quality. Probably another decent, but not great addition like Zappacosta level.

Without Morata and Conte's lack of trust in Batshuayi (who know looks totally not match fit) we don't have a single senior striker in the squad. This result was as predictable as the day is long. The best we could get was a draw. At least we didn't get spanked. 

Bad performance against an Everton side weaker than I expected them to be.
We had possession but how many saves did their goalkeeper make ? No more than a couple, so our buildup was poor.
Zappa was a failure - better if Moses was not substituted.
Willian and Pedro did not come to the stadium and someone has to take Kante somewhere and teach him to kick balls. He finds himself so many times in empty spaces but he cannot even cross, let alone shoot. He 's too timid and some good moves are wasted. He can't do worse than Zappa did with Hazard's pass.