Wilfried Zaha

the wes

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I honestly wouldn't say we are that much better than Arsenal. Arsenal have got goals upfront in 2 strikers who can score 20 a season. We don't have that. Ultimately goals win games and having 2 strikers who can deliver that will help a lot even if your slightly weaker in other areas. Fair enough we maybe have better players in other positions but its not like we are that much better if we are as a collective, hence the fact we relied a lot on Eden last season. Plus, as ironic as this may sound right now, I think Emery is a better fit for Arsenal than Lampard is for Chelsea at this moment in time. Also, this we are better than Arsenal thing just now means nothing, it hasn't been proven under Frank, we haven't played 1 competitive game and Sarri was in charge last season. Also I think United and Arsenal will surprise people this year, they've had 1 year (half a season for United) with their managers so they are more accustomed to how they want to play and how they work where as Frank has come in and instantly changed the system. Race for top 4 is going to be extremely interesting. City-Liverpool then youve got us, Spurs, United and Arsenal all going for 2 places.

I would say, if you are able to cut it for Arsenal I think you are more than likely able to do so here right now. Willian, Callum and Pedro arent exactly lightyears ahead of Zaha if at all. Zaha wouldnt be the worst move as of right now or even 12 months down the line. Fair there are better wingers out there perhaps but I think we have got 2 bargaining chips to use with Palace, Batshuayi who they want and was there last year as well as Reece who they are keen on (although if Zappa goes he has to stay to back up Azpi or if he doesn't go then send him there on loan).

Zaha is better than all our wingers right now. CHO is a prospect but right now you cannot compare him to Zaha. Zaha has carried Palace for a few seasons now and I get he hasn't proved it at a big club but he has shown a lot of quality at Palace. He is better than Pedro and Willian and also right now better than Pulisic. I would love in an ideal world for Pepe to stay at Lille for another season and we grab him next summer.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I honestly wouldn't say we are that much better than Arsenal. Arsenal have got goals upfront in 2 strikers who can score 20 a season. We don't have that. Ultimately goals win games and having 2 strikers who can deliver that will help a lot even if your slightly weaker in other areas. Fair enough we maybe have better players in other positions but its not like we are that much better if we are as a collective, hence the fact we relied a lot on Eden last season. Plus, as ironic as this may sound right now, I think Emery is a better fit for Arsenal than Lampard is for Chelsea at this moment in time. Also, this we are better than Arsenal thing just now means nothing, it hasn't been proven under Frank, we haven't played 1 competitive game and Sarri was in charge last season. Also I think United and Arsenal will surprise people this year, they've had 1 year (half a season for United) with their managers so they are more accustomed to how they want to play and how they work where as Frank has come in and instantly changed the system. Race for top 4 is going to be extremely interesting. City-Liverpool then youve got us, Spurs, United and Arsenal all going for 2 places.

I would say, if you are able to cut it for Arsenal I think you are more than likely able to do so here right now. Willian, Callum and Pedro arent exactly lightyears ahead of Zaha if at all. Zaha wouldnt be the worst move as of right now or even 12 months down the line. Fair there are better wingers out there perhaps but I think we have got 2 bargaining chips to use with Palace, Batshuayi who they want and was there last year as well as Reece who they are keen on (although if Zappa goes he has to stay to back up Azpi or if he doesn't go then send him there on loan).

Arsenal have been playing some really slick, impressive football in pre-season. In the main they've avoided the type of clunky passages of play we've suffered in our games. (Including some against Barcelona.) They also have a young lad up top who they stole from our academy. I never saw him play for our junior sides but he's looked good, confident and composed. Could be one to watch. There's something of the Andy Cole about him.

They have been closer to full strength in those games than we have but it doesn't feel to me like we can confidently expect to be better than them in the coming season.

3 hours ago, Stats said:

Zaha is better than all our wingers right now. CHO is a prospect but right now you cannot compare him to Zaha. Zaha has carried Palace for a few seasons now and I get he hasn't proved it at a big club but he has shown a lot of quality at Palace. He is better than Pedro and Willian and also right now better than Pulisic. I would love in an ideal world for Pepe to stay at Lille for another season and we grab him next summer.

I'm not so sure he is (better than what we have). He's in a smaller team in a free role having the entire team play for him. He produces a lot because he gets a lot of touches, which is the team strategy. He also enjoys a lot of counter attacking with all that pace he has - reminds me of Lukaku at everton (remember pointing that out back then).

His defensive game is pretty much a big zero: does not track back or tackle anyway. So, at the very least, both Willian and Pedro are better in that so important defensive side at the top level.

I'm not saying he's bad player. He's got good technique, good dribbling, and finishing. But I'm also not sure at all how he'd fare against stronger opposition in Europe. One could say there is only one way to find out, but it's an expensive bet.

You can accuse me of bias, and you might be right, but the other Arsenal target, Everton (Soares) looks more ready even though he's younger and cheaper.

Now, just read the post below and as a striker/false 9, then it might actually work.

Everyone here knows I love Zaha. This would be fantastic for both Chelsea and Palace. Really, really hope we can do it.
Palace get a year more of Zaha and a year more to plan for his replacement. Zaha will be at peace knowing his future is sorted and would likely play his heart out. Then we get a top player sewn up before a potential bidding war starts next summer.
[emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374]
Agreed, I love him as player too.

Honestly, I'd love to have him as striker here. I really wanted him or martial over the past seasons, but it didn't work out. Unfortunately, it now looks like Ole is going to play martial at striker. And I'm not confident in us getting zaha.

It would go against the signing younger players thing, but we have CHO and Puli as young wingers, it wouldn't hurt to have an experienced player for the next 3-5 years (Pedro and Willian especially shouldn't be that). But I really think it could solve our striker issue next summer too.

The dude is a baller

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

We are giving United money if we buy Zaha. That's what bothers me.

Zaha isn't a £60m player. If he was 23, yeah maybe but he's 26 and we won't be able to get him until he turns 27.

Zaha is an average player. Maybe slightly above it. We need to look for better options.

Does not matter. Anything that floats the english media bubble. 

Zaha always does well against us which is usually a good indication of our interest in Premier League players.

He's clearly got talent but at times watching him he reminds me of Kalou in that he seems regularly not in complete control of the situation and I don't think even he knows what he's going or trying to do at times.

Sometimes that unpredictable style can be really beneficial but can also be extremely frustrating when things aren't working. I think the money being quoted, he would be a risky purchase.

Having said that we do need to look next summer at that part of the squad with Willian and Pedro not getting any younger.

40 minutes ago, Mana said:

We are giving United money if we buy Zaha. That's what bothers me.

Zaha isn't a £60m player. If he was 23, yeah maybe but he's 26 and we won't be able to get him until he turns 27.

Zaha is an average player. Maybe slightly above it. We need to look for better options.

I read, well more like skimmed, an article making statistical comparisons between William and Zaha. These statistical charts aren't really my thing, hence the skimming, but the headline takeaway is that William beats Zaha in all but two categories. Those two are goals and expected goals.

For those who take more interest than I do in these things the article is at WAGNH.

He's a nightmare to play against for opposition defenders. At Palace he's really the only threat teams have to worry about and was given the Hazard treatment last season. Fouled, stamped on, hacked down at every opportunity. 

I feel like he'd be even more effective at a big club where other great players take some of the attention away from him. He has matured as a player since his United move which came too soon.

I would absolutely hate to see him at Arsenal, not only because he one of my favorite players, but because I think he'd kill it playing alongside the likes of Auba and Lacazette.

“It’s not a deal that is going to happen” – Chelsea handed transfer boost as journalist rules out PL side’s swoop for £80m forward

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/07/28/its-not-a-deal-that-is-going-to-happen-chelsea-handed-transfer-boost-as-journalist-rules-out-pl-sides-swoop-for-80m-forward/

Chelsea have been handed some good news in their pursuit of Wilfried Zaha, after journalist Dominic King stated that he doesn’t think Everton will be successful in their hunt for the Ivorian.

According to the Telegraph, Frank Lampard’s side are weighing up a swoop for the Crystal Palace forward, with the Blues aiming to bag a deal that’ll see Zaha join them after they’ve served their transfer ban.

And following this, it seems the west London side have been handed a boost in their attempts to sign the attacker, after Everton’s chances of landing him were dashed by journalist King.

As per TalkSport, King, who writes for the Daily Mail, spoke on the radio this weekend about Everton’s chase for Zaha, stating that “I’ve got to be truthful and tell you what I’ve heard. I’ve heard that it’s not a deal that is going to happen.”

This comes amid a tweet from King that states the Toffees have made an offer of £52M for the Ivory Coast international, however if his words on TalkSport are anything to go off, it seems like this swoop for Zaha probably isn’t going to happen.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You