Aleksandr Golovin

the wes

I`d like us to sign him but if it fails I`d be happy enough with no further additions to our central midfield positions after Jorginho. getting Golovin would cause us to need to clear some room for him but I`d be fine with letting Sarri work with just Jorginho being added there. is not like we are short with numbers there,just some who underperformed under Conte. I would like to sign Golovin like I said..just my personal choice for plan B would be that and instead invest at other positions. 

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally, I'd be even more excited about Golovin than I would be Jorginho. Really hope we still get him. English press made it sound as though he was a certainty.

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Personally, I'd be even more excited about Golovin than I would be Jorginho. Really hope we still get him. English press made it sound as though he was a certainty.

I would be too if we didn`t have Sarri.if we were going with a different coach because Golovin seems the kind who could play good to great in any system. but as we have Sarri and seen how important Jorginho is to his system. I prefer him..would be great to have both. 

I think we are still going to revaluate our signings now that sari and jorginho is coming.

We will probably offload some player but for now our homegrown quota is kinda of tight and considering golovin is not a immediately necessity right now this deal might take some time.

But I do believe we will end up with him and rugani, I'm really on golovin hype train as I think he will bring more class and athleticism to our midfield

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, El P. said:

I am not so worried if we don't get him. With Jorginho and Kante, Barkley and RLC could come good at "Hamsik position" :) 

I still see RLC's future as a box to box midfielder if he can get his fitness sorted out.  His touch is a bit clumsy and he get by people with his power rather than skill (from the limited amount that I've seen him).  With his frame and his attacking mentality, he has the tools to be a really good box to box.

22 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I will be really disappointed if we dont sign him.  He would make our CM world class

Sarri likes a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1, so in that formation, I assume our starting midfield would be

Kante (DMF)

Jorginio (deep to mid holding)

RLC (same as Jorginho, with both floating)

Golovin (advanced attacking role,like Fabregas on steroids)

Backups

Bakayoko (maybe I am delusional but I still think he can come good, especially under Sarri)

Barkley would be a backup for Golovin or used more as a winger in a different formation

Moses, although I would sell him, he is at peak value after WC (Azpi would be the starting RB and we need move for RB Benjamin Henrichs (back up or rotation). IF Barca somehow prises Azpi away, we need, absolutely need to demand RB Nelson Semedo is in the deal(or really splash the cash and go for Djibril Sidibe)

SELL Drinkwater, Fàbregas, and IF absolutely needed for funding, Bakayoko, and then Moses (as listed already)

Loan out Musonda (another one I think can be really good)

Thoughts?

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

Sarri likes a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1, so in that formation, I assume our starting midfield would be

Kante (DMF)

Backups

Bakayoko (maybe I am delusional but I still think he can come good, especially under Sarri)

Barkley would be a backup for Golovin or used more as a winger in a different formation

Moses, although I would sell him, he is at peak value after WC (Azpi would be the starting RB and we need move for RB Benjamin Henrichs (back up or rotation). IF Barca somehow prises Azpi away, we need, absolutely need to demand RB Nelson Semedo is in the deal(or really splash the cash and go for Djibril Sidibe)

SELL Drinkwater, Fàbregas, and IF absolutely needed for funding, Bakayoko, and then Moses (as listed already)

Thoughts?

All the tactical write ups and vids Ive watched say he prefers a 433 tho.

I'm happy to leave the 3rd CM to Sarri IF sadly we dont get Golo but right this minute I would take Barkley over RLC

56 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Kante (DMF)

Backups

Thoughts?

Got it wrong. Sarri likes a 4-3-3 where the front 3 are narrow, Jorginho is the Deep Lying Playmaker, Allan is the Box to Box midfielder on the right (can see Kante in that role) and Hamsik being the most attacking midfielder of the 3 on the left. 

For me, with our present squad and potential signings, I can see it being...

Courtois

Azpi - Rugani/AC - Rudiger - Emerson/Alonso

Kante - Jorginho - Cesc/Golovin/RLC/Barkley 

WIllian - Morata - Hazard

That 3rd midfielder is the last piece of the puzzle imo. We need someone who can score goals there and Barkley fits into those shoes better than anyone else. Maybe Golovin if he signs

5 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

Got it wrong. Sarri likes a 4-3-3 where the front 3 are narrow, Jorginho is the Deep Lying Playmaker, Allan is the Box to Box midfielder on the right (can see Kante in that role) and Hamsik being the most attacking midfielder of the 3 on the left. 

Courtois

That 3rd midfielder is the last piece of the puzzle imo. We need someone who can score goals there and Barkley fits into those shoes better than anyone else. Maybe Golovin if he signs

Yup I expect that lineup majority of the time. We probably need one more winger and we are pretty much set. Willian and Pedro are not exactly in their prime. 

I don't know about golovin, we are pretty loaded in midfield position. With jorginho and rlc we already have 6 player fighting for 3 positions. 

We don’t need golovin. We are stacked in midfield I agree.i habe also never seen whats so special about him. Seems an absolute average player to me, like all other Russian players of this generation. We are also fine in defense. We need another am to combine with hazard and make him stay.

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

:(

Good. Honestly i didnt really want him here. I was not impressed with any match he played at the worldcup.

He doesnt look like he'll score a lot of goals, his passes were under-hit a lot, and he is not as good a dribbler as I thought. A fit barkley is as good as him IMO. 

10 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

Courtois

Napoli Lineup:

Reina

Hyzaj - Albiol - Koulibaly - Ghoulam

Allan - Jorginho - Hamsik 

Callejon - Mertens - Insigne

Chelsea Lineup:

Courtois/Allisson

Azpi - Rugani/AC - Rudiger - Emerson

Kante - Jorginho - Barkley 

Pedro/Willian - Morata - Hazard

Pedro gets the nod ahead of Willian for me. Not because he is better than Willian but because that Callejon role for Napoli is for endless running with players willing to make runs off the ball consistently. Willian prefers ball to feet a lot, unless Sarri can change him. And Callejon is two footed like pedro so he can use his left to shoot, Willian rarely uses his left to even pass. Where i'll even love to see Willian is in the Hamsik role, it will be a masterstroke if Sarri can convince him to play there, his excellent ball control will be put to good use there.

Alonso is too slow to play in a back four. He can get away with it in a back five, because Cahill/Rudiger covered for him but im not sure now. Emerson is faster and a dribbler like Gholam so he fits the bill more.

Think we need a different midfielder for the "Hamsik role" to be fair. Apart from his monster workrate, I don't think Golovin is any better than Loftus Cheek or Mount in terms of raw talent. Now Sarri's got his perfect deep lying playmaker in Jorginho and the box to box midfielder you'd wish for in Kante, both with a terrific engine that will help the transition, think he'll be in for a different type of player in that third spot of his midfield three, maybe one with a goal scoring appetite, or at least with more flair and directness. Both Hamsik and Zielinski had different skills than Allan, Jorginho, Diawara in Sarri's Napoli. 

I think Golovin would be a rotation guy his first season..he could play all 3 CM positions at a push.have Kante and Jorginho as starting all premiership and FA cup games. and leave that one CM position as an open competition between Barkley,Golovin,RLC with that 3 being our regular UEFA cup and Milk Cup starters. I don`t know about Bakayoko..I just think we gotta find out this year about RLC.i think another loan and his head would be out the exit door so give him a chance,if he`s not upto it then both of us can move on next summer. for me Drinkwater and Cesc should go.not that I think Cesc wouldn`t do a decent job in rotation but for our longterm future in a season where we have some competitions we can give less established young players valuable game time we don`t want Cesc taking it away from them.   

Golovin looks a decent player but i think our midfield options are pretty stacked compared to other areas of the pitch. I get first season for Golovin could be rotation but id rather that given to Mount - few minutes in the PL when we're up plus Europa league games.

Kante; Baka; Jorginho; Cesc; Drinkwater; RLC; Barkley; Mount 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You