test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Aleksandr Golovin

Started by the wes,

453 posts in this topic
21 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

This. I remember in extra time there was a ball played by Spanish defence on the left wing towards Aspas who just came on, Golovin tracked back like a boss, won the ball and passed it back to the keeper and he was playing since the first minute. Absolute work horse this lad.

Guessing it was this...

This why I love. Abramovich 

Chelsea’s billionaire owner Roman Abramovich, who is a friend of CSKA president Yevgeny Giner, has reportedly reached a pre-agreement worth €23m to sign #Golovin this summer. (MD) #CFC

Johnnyeye likes this

8 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

Go to 5:43 mark and just look at him track back! He did that after minute 110 against a player who came on as a substitute.

Vid musta had copywrite or summet mate Ive had loads deleted myself.

But think the same move is on this one

1 hour ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Kovacic 

Kante           Golovin

You know you like it. 

Tho my dream at one time would have been Veratti or Kroos I now at least try to be more realistic just for the sake of my ulcer lol

But yeah Kovacic would be good or Seri. Wouldn't say no to either. Give us a great CM

Was so impressed with Golovin yesterday and the earlier games. Great combination of work rate and quality on the ball. I hope we’ve sewn this up already, haven’t been this excited about a signing since Cesc. 

Unionjack and Simon1991 like this

What's most exciting about him is how much better he should look in an attacking team who want to take the game to their opponents. Russia basically set up like a Mourinho/Pulis coached side. Defend for your life and knock it long to the big #9. Golovin has performed very well in a team that doesn't even play to his strengths. Alongside two top midfielders and in a Sarri coached side I think he can be awesome.

Just trying not to get too excited because I'm still worried Juve/United/Bayern or someone comes in for him and offers much more £££ + CL football.

Unionjack likes this

29 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just trying not to get too excited because I'm still worried Juve/United/Bayern or someone comes in for him and offers much more £££ + CL football.

Nothing they can do if Roman gets involved. Russian oligarchy is well structured and CSKA Moscow's owner will help his brother 100 times out of 100. 

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

What's most exciting about him is how much better he should look in an attacking team who want to take the game to their opponents. Russia basically set up like a Mourinho/Pulis coached side. Defend for your life and knock it long to the big #9. Golovin has performed very well in a team that doesn't even play to his strengths. Alongside two top midfielders and in a Sarri coached side I think he can be awesome.

Thats how I feel mate

I know that its only one player which in the big picture its not much but its difficult not to let your feelings go overboard when we haven't had anything to get excited about in ages.

But when you take a step back and look at us. And IF the things that are APPARENTLY being worked on comes off, we might have at least the start of putting something good together.

Rugani and,Golo should be excellent signings. We add a playmaker like Seri or Kovacic. A,Willi upgrade like Pulisic or Martial, Morata replacement like Higuain,Lewa, etc and we then have the makings of a team that can do good things..

Now throw in a good Tibo replacement like Alisson and if necessary a Eden switch like Asensio and we become real contenders.

But you put them with an attack minded manager and  I'd have difficulty not to involuntarily emit some sex juice.

29 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Nothing they can do if Roman gets involved. Russian oligarchy is well structured and CSKA Moscow's owner will help his brother 100 times out of 100. 

I mean, that our owner is mates with CSKA's should certainly help things, but they can't force him to come here if he doesn't want to. 

2 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

Wow sign him up fabregas can't even covered 16km in five games for Chelsea never mind one game and extra time 

I would be extremely surprised if we don't get Golovin considering his Russian heritage. Roman has got this one in the bag.

the wes likes this

3 hours ago, the wes said:

Wow sign him up fabregas can't even covered 16km in five games for Chelsea never mind one game and extra time 

Fabregas actually covers a lot of ground, he's just not very tactful defensively.

Superblue_1986 likes this

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Fabregas actually covers a lot of ground, he's just not very tactful defensively.

Yeah his work rate has never been a problem, his tactical discipline and speed across the first 5-10m is the problem.

DDA and Tomo like this

6 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

You know what makes me roll around laughing.  These Chelsea fans on twitter saying "Mount >>>> Golovin all day"

1. You barely watched Mount play for Vitesse in the Eredivisie (hardly a tough league in reality) you have just seen the tweets when he played well

2. You have barely watched Golovin outside the World Cup.  Juventus, Barcelona, us, Madrid, Arsenal all supposedly in for him, but yeh Mount must be better.

I despise the way we overhype our youngsters after they have a purple patch.  In the last few years it's gone from Musonda, to Boga, to CHO, to Mount  all because they had a few good games on loan.  Winds me right up. They change their mind on our next young superstars like the weather.  These are the same people who raved about Dujon Sterling for a month or so, and then stopped. They raved about Abraham after a decent loan at Bristol city, he went to Swansea and wow, suddenly they arent so keen.   

I actually agree with you in general and have voiced it numerous times, but Mount is the real deal and the best prospect we have had in a long long time.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

I actually agree with you in general and have voiced it numerous times, but Mount is the real deal and the best prospect we have had in a long long time.

Until he proves it at top level, he is nothing. 

Right now the biggest prospect we have is RLC who actualy had good season in PL. 

I hope Mount and CHO make it at Chelsea, but their talent is far from enough. If they have the right mentality, they might actualy have a chance.