test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Aleksandr Golovin

Started by the wes,

307 posts in this topic

Golovins mom confirms there are talks going on between Chelsea & Cska. Says dont know outcome & Golovin & the family concentrated 100% on the World Cup. Report say Chelsea willing to pay more than €25m, clubs now just discussing terms of the transfer.

Johnnyeye likes this

Such a good player. If the reported fee is true, CSKA are quite stupid. Had he been playing for a club in Europe, the asking fee would be around £40-50M. If we could get him for around £25m, that is a bloody bargain. Is quite a complete player too. Brilliant passing, dribbling, balance and very much improving. If it is true Juventus pulled out and won't pay above £20m then silly on them because he is going to be a top player.

Unionjack and Johnnyeye like this

Wasn't brilliant but gave everything for Russia today against Spain.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, SadistChicken said:

Wasn't brilliant but gave everything for Russia today against Spain.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

I thought he was fantastic given the way Russia was set up. He gave everything for that team, he did not stop running.

AK-3001, 11Drogba, Unionjack and 1 other like this

Golo 'n N'Golo plus a deep playmaker would make us a great CM. Lets just hope the club dont think that its enough just to bring this lad in.

But its a big step in the right direction. Lets hope we dont get gazumped.

But IF its true that Roman likes him we should have a foot in the door.

I wonder if he was there today? Lets hope they shook hands.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Well at least they know each other and should work excellent together The numbers they would produce and the heat maps will make some interesting viewing. Did you see the guy today? He was still running flat out after extra time.

His numbers might be lower than Iscos but their 2 teams played different types of football. Put him in a forward thinking manager with like minded players and watch those numbers change..

I am so happy to be linked with him.

Just 2 things stopping it now.

We dont own Golo and we might not own N'Golo if PSG have their way.

He was running at full speed with 120 minutes on the clock. The only players I've seen do that in recent years are Kante and Robben.

He definitely has the mentality and stamina to play alongside Kante. Looks to be quite skilful and smart on the ball as well. Other thing I really appreciate in his play is his Modric-esque ability to retain possession and make good decisions under pressure.

eemanyooel and Unionjack like this

Golovin's parents confirmed the negotiations between Chelsea and CSKA on his transfer to Chelsea. Alexander Golovin can move from CSKA Moscow to Chelsea after the 2018 World Cup, which is being held in Russia. Chelsea is ready to pay more than 25m. #CFC

Unionjack, the wes and Dimitr like this

4 hours ago, DDA said:

I thought he was fantastic given the way Russia was set up. He gave everything for that team, he did not stop running.

This. I remember in extra time there was a ball played by Spanish defence on the left wing towards Aspas who just came on, Golovin tracked back like a boss, won the ball and passed it back to the keeper and he was playing since the first minute. Absolute work horse this lad.

the wes, LAM09, Dimitr and 1 other like this

He looks like a very good player and I can see how his skill set would appeal to Sarri and his style of football.

What impressed me the most about watching him today is he clearly looks the classiest and most naturally talented player in the Russia squad, but he was prepared to work just as hard as everybody else. There was one moment in particular in extra time when he saw the danger of a counter attack and sprinted back some 50-60 yards down the pitch to cut it out when the team could have ended up in trouble.

He looks like a very accomplished player on the ball and appears to have a very deceptive acceleration. 

Lot's of upside and for the price being quoted, I feel is well worth taking the chance on him.

Stats and Dimitr like this

Go to 5:43 mark and just look at him track back! He did that after minute 110 against a player who came on as a substitute.

Superblue_1986 and !Hazard! like this