test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Aleksandr Golovin

Started by the wes,

431 posts in this topic

We'll be extremely lucky to get £20m for Drinkwater from a mid to low table club. Maybe a newly promoted team who wants to make a splash. We ain't getting anywhere near what we paid for him back.

Wouldnt be surprised at all if RLC gets one more season on loan, tbh. He can only benefit from playing every single game for another season which he wouldn't get here. The danger in that of course is that if he has another great season and improves even more, he may very well not ever want to come back and one of our rivals will try to poach him when his contract runs down.

If we can sell Drinkwater and Ruben is loaned, I could definitely see us going after both Golovin and Seri. 

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We'll be extremely lucky to get £20m for Drinkwater from a mid to low table club. Maybe a newly promoted team who wants to make a splash. We ain't getting anywhere near what we paid for him back.

Wouldnt be surprised at all if RLC gets one more season on loan, tbh. He can only benefit from playing every single game for another season which he wouldn't get here. The danger in that of course is that if he has another great season and improves even more, he may very well not ever want to come back and one of our rivals will try to poach him when his contract runs down.

If we can sell Drinkwater and Ruben is loaned, I could definitely see us going after both Golovin and Seri. 

Maybe Crystal Palace could help us out like they did for Liverpool with Benteke.

Chelsea are interested in CSKA Moscow midfielder Aleksandr Golovin, according to Sky in Italy.

Golovin was a transfer target for Maurizio Sarri at Napoli.

It’s believed that CSKA want €25m (£22.1m) for the Russian international. 

Juventus have had a €20m (£17.7m) offer for the player turned down and have decided not to increase their offer. 

Unionjack likes this

Tbh I'd sell Cesc without any hesitation this summer while we can still get some money for him. We all know that Cesc's legs have been gone since 2015 but more recently I feel that his biggest asset which is his passing has also gone down the drain. Sure he may give the occasional wonderful throughball but he doesn't inspire confidence on the ball anymore the way he used to. So I'd sell Cesc and replace him with Seri. This will leave our midfield options for next season as Kante, Seri, Golovin, Barkley, RLC and Baka which is more than adequate for league plus the vigours of Europa league. Goes without saying that Drinkwater should also be sold. 

ulsterchelsea likes this

buying a player without a manager 😂😂😂 our board are going to look like fools what a stupid move 

2 hours ago, DDA said:

Get this move done. It would be a brilliant bit of business for the reported sum in the region of 25mil. Straight from the same bargain bin we got Kante from.

£25m for a player who's having a good world cup that's a bargain in today's transfer market 

if we get sarri, golovin , and keep hazard. we are going in the right direction

Dimitr likes this

If we get Golovin 

we will sign and seri ? 

Remember .. Pedro ,Drinkwater maybe will leave..

1 hour ago, the wes said:

£25m for a player who's having a good world cup that's a bargain in today's transfer market 

Not talking about Golovin specificaly, but several players had superb cups and gone absolute dogshit after. 

I dont understand why is so popular to hype players who have good world cups. Maybe those who get all to the final, but thats about it. 

These players arent good because of world cup, they were good before. But the media hypes the shit out of them. Doesnt mean they are actualy good because they have a few good games against third tier teams and it also doesnt mean they "exploded" in world cup, becuse alot were better before for their clubs. 

James Rodriguez was amazing in Monaco before World cup. Same with Aurier in Toulouse. 

This year its Lozano. He was already amazing in psv.

On other hand you have the likes of Giacherrini or Gebre Selassie who had great cups but are crap players. Renato Sanches is another brilliant example.

If we are targeting Golovin, better be because he was good in CSKa and not because he played well against f*ing Saudi Arabia and Egypt.

Its unbelievable how much hype some players get after few good games in world cup. They are not goddamn Ronaldo9. 

With these kids being good in world cups/euros its more chance they turn shit or underachieve rather than reach their potential. 

Fernando, Supermonkey92 and manpe like this

9 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Not talking about Golovin specificaly, but several players had superb cups and gone absolute dogshit after. 

I dont understand why is so popular to hype players who have good world cups. Maybe those who get all to the final, but thats about it. 

These players arent good because of world cup, they were good before. But the media hypes the shit out of them. Doesnt mean they are actualy good because they have a few good games against third tier teams and it also doesnt mean they "exploded" in world cup, becuse alot were better before for their clubs. 

James Rodriguez was amazing in Monaco before World cup. Same with Aurier in Toulouse. 

On other hand you have the likes of Giacherrini or Gebre Selassie who had great cups but are crap players. Renato Sanches is another brilliant example.

If we are targeting Golovin, better be because he was good in CSKa and not because he played well against f*ing Saudi Arabia and Egypt.

Its unbelievable how much hype some players get after few good games in world cup. They are not goddamn Ronaldo9. 

With these kids being good in world cups/euros its more chance they turn shit or underachieve rather than reach their potential. 

I agree with you about the World Cup hype, but we had links with him before the World Cup so I assume he's been scouted extensively during his time at CSKA.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

I would be worried too if Golovin was a one dimensional player; he really has all the qualities to be a top player. pace, athleticism, touch, passing, stamina, etc. Looking at the body of works during these games, and very few games of CSKA. I am very impressed. 

I do really get your point about not falling for the hype. Look at my posts from last summer i was very against Bakayoko. I warned this forum about him being a one year wonder, and some of his short comings that i didn't like. 

Plus he fits tremendously in Sarri system, and plus it is not like we are breaking the bank here. No reason to doubt this signing imo. 

Mufassir08 and DDA like this

btw James Rodriguez is a top player, he is a bit one dimensional player. fantastic player, as long as you know what you are getting from him and comfortable with it. 

3 hours ago, Clockwork said:

btw James Rodriguez is a top player, he is a bit one dimensional player. fantastic player, as long as you know what you are getting from him and comfortable with it. 

I'd take him in a heartbeat fwiw. Lovely player.

As for Golovin, he really does look good. He's got the stamina and is pretty good with his dribbling. Decision making could get better still.

Also, I like how you've posted videos of Golovin vs Arsenal and United. These are the best kind of videos to judge a player on. THey show every touch he's made in that game, good or bad. No bias involved in these that make a Darren Bent look like Lewandowski. 

6 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

If you believe the reports, Sarri had wanted Golovin at Napoli but couldn't get him and if that is true, it would mean Sarri thinks he's good and can add quality to the side as opposed to judging him solely on the World Cup. Plus, it should also mean something that Juventus were reportedly after him as well. 

Unionjack and Supermonkey92 like this

Golo 'n N'Golo sounds like a match made in My Blue Heaven just a perfect match up. Those 2 running around like hamsters on their wheels would be amazing. We could use Baks/Barks or RLC as 3rd man IF of course we dont manage to buy Seri too/

It would go a long way to help restore my faith in our powers that be.

5b36dc8bc230c_Screenshot_2018-06-30AleksandrGolovinFootballStatisticsWhoScoredcom.thumb.png.090762db873d654e03154cdf06812fb1.png

1chelsea likes this