Aleksandr Golovin

the wes

Chelsea will conclude the deal for golovin for £27m after the Russian finishes his World Cup.

Chelsea want to sell Danny drinkwater and value him over £30m BUT will NOT consider any bids for Ruben loftus-cheek OR Ross Barkley!

Via matt law / telegraph

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Chelsea will conclude the deal for golovin for £27m after the Russian finishes his World Cup.

Chelsea want to sell Danny drinkwater and value him over £30m BUT will NOT consider any bids for Ruben loftus-cheek OR Ross Barkley!

Via matt law / telegraph

no chance we will get £30m for drinkwater we would be luck to get £20m for him 

11 minutes ago, the wes said:

no chance we will get £30m for drinkwater we would be luck to get £20m for him 

Someone would pay at least £20m for him I believe. He's not a bad player by any stretch, he's just the level below the top level. He'd be a good buy for anyone outside the top 6. 

Proven Premier League, European, International experience. Still got a lot to offer at his age. The inflated English/Homegrown fee to add on too.

We'll be extremely lucky to get £20m for Drinkwater from a mid to low table club. Maybe a newly promoted team who wants to make a splash. We ain't getting anywhere near what we paid for him back.

Wouldnt be surprised at all if RLC gets one more season on loan, tbh. He can only benefit from playing every single game for another season which he wouldn't get here. The danger in that of course is that if he has another great season and improves even more, he may very well not ever want to come back and one of our rivals will try to poach him when his contract runs down.

If we can sell Drinkwater and Ruben is loaned, I could definitely see us going after both Golovin and Seri. 

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We'll be extremely lucky to get £20m for Drinkwater from a mid to low table club. Maybe a newly promoted team who wants to make a splash. We ain't getting anywhere near what we paid for him back.

Wouldnt be surprised at all if RLC gets one more season on loan, tbh. He can only benefit from playing every single game for another season which he wouldn't get here. The danger in that of course is that if he has another great season and improves even more, he may very well not ever want to come back and one of our rivals will try to poach him when his contract runs down.

If we can sell Drinkwater and Ruben is loaned, I could definitely see us going after both Golovin and Seri. 

Maybe Crystal Palace could help us out like they did for Liverpool with Benteke.

Chelsea are interested in CSKA Moscow midfielder Aleksandr Golovin, according to Sky in Italy.

Golovin was a transfer target for Maurizio Sarri at Napoli.

It’s believed that CSKA want €25m (£22.1m) for the Russian international. 

Juventus have had a €20m (£17.7m) offer for the player turned down and have decided not to increase their offer. 

Tbh I'd sell Cesc without any hesitation this summer while we can still get some money for him. We all know that Cesc's legs have been gone since 2015 but more recently I feel that his biggest asset which is his passing has also gone down the drain. Sure he may give the occasional wonderful throughball but he doesn't inspire confidence on the ball anymore the way he used to. So I'd sell Cesc and replace him with Seri. This will leave our midfield options for next season as Kante, Seri, Golovin, Barkley, RLC and Baka which is more than adequate for league plus the vigours of Europa league. Goes without saying that Drinkwater should also be sold. 

Get this move done. It would be a brilliant bit of business for the reported sum in the region of 25mil. Straight from the same bargain bin we got Kante from.

2 hours ago, DDA said:

Get this move done. It would be a brilliant bit of business for the reported sum in the region of 25mil. Straight from the same bargain bin we got Kante from.

£25m for a player who's having a good world cup that's a bargain in today's transfer market 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

£25m for a player who's having a good world cup that's a bargain in today's transfer market 

Not talking about Golovin specificaly, but several players had superb cups and gone absolute dogshit after. 

I dont understand why is so popular to hype players who have good world cups. Maybe those who get all to the final, but thats about it. 

These players arent good because of world cup, they were good before. But the media hypes the shit out of them. Doesnt mean they are actualy good because they have a few good games against third tier teams and it also doesnt mean they "exploded" in world cup, becuse alot were better before for their clubs. 

James Rodriguez was amazing in Monaco before World cup. Same with Aurier in Toulouse. 

This year its Lozano. He was already amazing in psv.

On other hand you have the likes of Giacherrini or Gebre Selassie who had great cups but are crap players. Renato Sanches is another brilliant example.

If we are targeting Golovin, better be because he was good in CSKa and not because he played well against f*ing Saudi Arabia and Egypt.

Its unbelievable how much hype some players get after few good games in world cup. They are not goddamn Ronaldo9. 

With these kids being good in world cups/euros its more chance they turn shit or underachieve rather than reach their potential. 

9 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Not talking about Golovin specificaly, but several players had superb cups and gone absolute dogshit after. 

I dont understand why is so popular to hype players who have good world cups. Maybe those who get all to the final, but thats about it. 

These players arent good because of world cup, they were good before. But the media hypes the shit out of them. Doesnt mean they are actualy good because they have a few good games against third tier teams and it also doesnt mean they "exploded" in world cup, becuse alot were better before for their clubs. 

James Rodriguez was amazing in Monaco before World cup. Same with Aurier in Toulouse. 

On other hand you have the likes of Giacherrini or Gebre Selassie who had great cups but are crap players. Renato Sanches is another brilliant example.

If we are targeting Golovin, better be because he was good in CSKa and not because he played well against f*ing Saudi Arabia and Egypt.

Its unbelievable how much hype some players get after few good games in world cup. They are not goddamn Ronaldo9. 

With these kids being good in world cups/euros its more chance they turn shit or underachieve rather than reach their potential. 

I agree with you about the World Cup hype, but we had links with him before the World Cup so I assume he's been scouted extensively during his time at CSKA.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

I would be worried too if Golovin was a one dimensional player; he really has all the qualities to be a top player. pace, athleticism, touch, passing, stamina, etc. Looking at the body of works during these games, and very few games of CSKA. I am very impressed. 

I do really get your point about not falling for the hype. Look at my posts from last summer i was very against Bakayoko. I warned this forum about him being a one year wonder, and some of his short comings that i didn't like. 

Plus he fits tremendously in Sarri system, and plus it is not like we are breaking the bank here. No reason to doubt this signing imo. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You