Aleksandr Golovin

the wes

Let’s go 
best midfield in England 
Naah, it still belongs to City. We're yet to see how Jorginho and Golovin manage to adapt and how good they are here.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully it's true and hopefully he's in ASAP. He and Jorginho getting a full preseason would be huge and will allow us to have a settled midfield almost immedietly.

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

Naah, it still belongs to City. We're yet to see how Jorginho and Golovin manage to adapt and how good they are here.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

I’m optimistic if we get him of course. 

City have only attacking midfielders  and one  DM (Fernandinho ,33yrs) 

we have more balanced squad but ok  we must prove it .

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hopefully it's true and hopefully he's in ASAP. He and Jorginho getting a full preseason would be huge and will allow us to have a settled midfield almost immedietly.

Cant believe Chelsea could even think of resting Ngolo now. Great start to the window. 

Just thinking of a midfield that allows me to watch Chelsea dominate possession and consistently take the game to our opponents (even in the big matches, hopefully!) makes me smile. Not going into every match just praying we don't allow some shit team to bully Fabregas or have Bakayoko get sent off for a couple of idiotic tackles or surrender possession in our half.

If we sign Golovin, though, obviously RLC is off on loan and almost surely permanently next summer. Ruben needs to be playing every game and won't if Golovin is here.

Sounds like it's about done this, really good bit of business. I liked his energy in the WC, he looked like a real live and hungry player, really put himself about and never let the oppo rest.

This transfer window is starting to heat up now. I still think Willian will go, if he does, we need to address that position and quickly.

32 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just thinking of a midfield that allows me to watch Chelsea dominate possession and consistently take the game to our opponents (even in the big matches, hopefully!) makes me smile. Not going into every match just praying we don't allow some shit team to bully Fabregas or have Bakayoko get sent off for a couple of idiotic tackles or surrender possession in our half.

If we sign Golovin, though, obviously RLC is off on loan and almost surely permanently next summer. Ruben needs to be playing every game and won't if Golovin is here.

I agree with your first paragraph 100%. Golovin/Kante/Jorginho is a wonderfully balanced midfield, something we havent had in forever. I try to be an optimist but for some reason I have a feeling in my gut Barkley & Bakayoko will surprise us this year, maybe its just because the bar is so low for expectations but regardless I have a sneaky feeling they will produce.

My quoting you is in regards to the never ending RLC Conundrum. I am right there with you, I think he will be gone and I flip flop every day seemingly on him. I see the potential and dream but many coaches have seen him and play him in positions that dont seem to maximize his talent. What could we be missing? Half the people here rate him, the other dont. That seems like the book on him in the professional world as well. So confusing. I'd thought he would be in the first team fighting for minutes this season, sadly I think if he does go out on Loan he won't play for us again and I don't know if im upset about that or not! 

even if Golovin starts out as our 4th choice CM he could start around 35 games his first season as he could play either of the 3 roles. the more often Kante,Jorginho and Golovin start tho the more probable teams revert back to long ball football against us because they aint gonna boss between the boxes on that trio.

2 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

even if Golovin starts out as our 4th choice CM he could start around 35 games his first season as he could play either of the 3 roles. the more often Kante,Jorginho and Golovin start tho the more probable team revert back to long ball football against us because they aint gonna boss between the boxes on that trio.

Thats true i thunk with europa league next season we will have like 65 games so a lot of rotation hopefully

Quite happy with this, if it happens. Not really seen much aside from the World Cup and a few CSKA games in European competitions but at €25M it's a low risk transfer either way and if he succeeds it will be a real bargain.

Aside from midfield I could see him being played out wide in Willian's position too, great work rate and got the vision to make magic happen.

8 minutes ago, Jype said:

Quite happy with this, if it happens. Not really seen much aside from the World Cup and a few CSKA games in European competitions but at €25M it's a low risk transfer either way and if he succeeds it will be a real bargain.

Aside from midfield I could see him being played out wide in Willian's position too, great work rate and got the vision to make magic happen.

He is also equally ineffective in front of goal as Willian but also a scorer of great goals.

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

He is also equally ineffective in front of goal as Willian but also a scorer of great goals.

True, but at 22 he can still improve on that whereas the Willian we've seen is as good as he'll ever be.

Expect Golovin to mostly play in midfield, but being versatile enough to also play at LW/RW is a bonus.

More creation we have in midfield, more we can focus on getting goalscoring winger. It's rare that winger is creative AND good goalscorer. With Jorginho and Golovin, right-winger must be some goal-scoring machine, more like Bale-Salah-Sanchez-primePedro-Robben type of player than Hazard-Reus-Ribery type. Someone who attacks the space with great runs and know how to score, mainly.

For the record Jorginho isn’t exactly creative, he’s more of tempo and rhythm guy.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You